VIKINGS OFFENSIVE WEAPONS

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

VIKINGS OFFENSIVE WEAPONS

Post by jackal »

Some language in Videos .. but something to look forward too next year

Adrian ALL day Peterson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3cs9fT_CnM

Greg Jennings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwONzQ2790c

Greg Childs (god hope he gets healthy for us)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDFEDI-Apws

Cordelle Patterson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Y9Tee8vbs

Jarius Wright

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GUFj0YCEBQ

Kyle Rudolf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6UwzaYPCq8
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Eli
Hall of Famer

Re: VIKINGS OFFENSIVE WEAPONS

Post by Eli »

Jarius Wright???

Had 26 receptions in 2013. Hardly a "weapon".
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Eli wrote:Jarius Wright???

Had 26 receptions in 2013. Hardly a "weapon".
Yeah, pretty typical of the Frazier era. Stuck behind the likes of Aromashadou and Jenkins only to come in and put up 310 yards and 2 TD's when he gets on the field due to injury. This year? We had to give Musgrave's 2 tight end offense 8 weeks to show Carlson getting 38 yards in 8 games as the 2nd tight end wasn't the greatest strategy. I mean seriously, that's 4.5 yards PER GAME, not catch, per game! lol

Put another way, Carlson as the #2 TE played 2x as many snaps as Wright AND Patterson combined at the time. :wallbang:

You may scoff at 26 receptions but considering how often he's on the field, that's pretty solid. Not to mention the 16.7 yards per reception he had was the best on the team, and amounted to 434 yards and 3 TD's. That's 16.7 is 9th best in the league for WR's who have at least 20 catches.

If we can get a QB with a better deep ball and a coaching staff that knows how to use 4 WR's to their strengths I think Wright will surprise us quite a bit. He's a different receiver than Patterson and they'll compliment each other well. Wright can take the top off the defense while Patterson is that big target with a lot of YAC ability.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Wright will still be playing behind Jennings and Patterson, and also Simpson if he's resigned. I don't care who the QB or OC are, the 4th WR usually doesn't get a lot of balls thrown his way. In this years' record setting passing season, the #4 WR of the Broncos caught just 16 passes.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Would love to see Jennings inside, Wright and Patterson on the outside! Personally I see Wright and Simpson as similar WR's but I think Wright is better at getting deep and at this point has more upside / potential. Not to mention won't be suspended for the annual DWI Simpson gets.
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

Wright makes big plays in games, I like him.

Also don't forget blair walsh!
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

mondry wrote: Yeah, pretty typical of the Frazier era. Stuck behind the likes of Aromashadou and Jenkins only to come in and put up 310 yards and 2 TD's when he gets on the field due to injury. This year? We had to give Musgrave's 2 tight end offense 8 weeks to show Carlson getting 38 yards in 8 games as the 2nd tight end wasn't the greatest strategy. I mean seriously, that's 4.5 yards PER GAME, not catch, per game! lol

Put another way, Carlson as the #2 TE played 2x as many snaps as Wright AND Patterson combined at the time. :wallbang:

You may scoff at 26 receptions but considering how often he's on the field, that's pretty solid. Not to mention the 16.7 yards per reception he had was the best on the team, and amounted to 434 yards and 3 TD's. That's 16.7 is 9th best in the league for WR's who have at least 20 catches.

If we can get a QB with a better deep ball and a coaching staff that knows how to use 4 WR's to their strengths I think Wright will surprise us quite a bit. He's a different receiver than Patterson and they'll compliment each other well. Wright can take the top off the defense while Patterson is that big target with a lot of YAC ability.
Also exactly how I feel. Another great post!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Maybe we get to add a dual threat QB to that list in a few months from now ?
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

If we can get a QB with a better deep ball
We have one...if he can get his head right and comes back.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Demi wrote: We have one...if he can get his head right and comes back.
Damn Demi! I thought I was the only one here who wanted to bring Freeman back! Glad to know I have some support. :lol:
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: Damn Demi! I thought I was the only one here who wanted to bring Freeman back! Glad to know I have some support. :lol:
Idk if u r being serious, but i wouldn't mind seeing Freeman back eithet. We'll see what happens.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Eli wrote:Wright will still be playing behind Jennings and Patterson, and also Simpson if he's resigned. I don't care who the QB or OC are, the 4th WR usually doesn't get a lot of balls thrown his way. In this years' record setting passing season, the #4 WR of the Broncos caught just 16 passes.

It doesn't matter if Wright will be playing behind Jennings and Patterson. I want the Vikings to be 4 WR deep and Wright gives them that.

Wright is a playmaker and threat to get deep. I see him as a plus for the offense.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

fiestavike wrote: Damn Demi! I thought I was the only one here who wanted to bring Freeman back! Glad to know I have some support. :lol:

You guys are crazy.
He still has a huge arm, and even though he was wildly inaccurate in the Giants game, at least he was finding open receivers and doing a better job than Cassell or Ponder do of finding them. He's a headcase, with mental issues, if he's still a headcase with mental issues I don't want him, but if they can get it figured out, he's the best QB on this roster...and has the biggest upside.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

freeman doing a better job of finding open receivers? are you on drugs? freeman couldn't even plant his feet and make a straight forward throw during that game. and i'll say this, i think he should have gotten another chance to play this past year but he didn't. to say he needs to get his "head on straight," is an understatement. he hasn't played like a starting qb in forever. a strong arm means nothing vick can throw the ball 70 yards.
9man
Transition Player

Post by 9man »

Demi wrote: We have one...if he can get his head right and comes back.
Isn't he a FA. Eventhough I don't think any team will want him as a starter the new coaching staff may not even want to keep him.