Safety Anthony Harris

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Kidfozzy
Starter

Safety Anthony Harris

Post by Kidfozzy »

Barring our frustrating loss earlier tonight versus Arizona, there was one player who stood out among the rest during the game in the defensive side of the ball.
Undrafted rookie Anthony Harris.

Has there been any talk about this guy during training camp or during the season? He's very smart and I look forward to seeing his development.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Safety Anthony Harris

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Kidfozzy wrote:Barring our frustrating loss earlier tonight versus Arizona, there was one player who stood out among the rest during the game in the defensive side of the ball.

Has there been any talk about this guy during training camp or during the season? He's very smart and I look forward to seeing his development.
He looked really good... Maybe... just maybe... he could be our other safety.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I thought he looked to be our best safety of the year (outside of Smith of course).

It was only one game though. Hopefully we see more down the stretch!
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Kidfozzy wrote:Barring our frustrating loss earlier tonight versus Arizona, there was one player who stood out among the rest during the game in the defensive side of the ball.

Pretty sure he does not go back down to the practice squad. At least not this week. let's see how he does the rest of the years
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

DK Sweets wrote:I thought he looked to be our best safety of the year (outside of Smith of course).

Yep, other then it just being 1 game, there is some hope at safety.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

I've been a fan since Virginia. However, I thought he looked just ok. He really missed poorly on the John Brown TD and allowed Fitz to pancake him. He was playing a deep off FS position that is not usual for our scheme. We played defense to put him and Newman in the best position to win. We don't normally do this for the other guys.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

He almost lead the team in tackles he was one behind Greenaway who was the leader. I thought overall he did pretty good game for his first start.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

YikesVikes wrote:I've been a fan since Virginia. However, I thought he looked just ok. He really missed poorly on the John Brown TD and allowed Fitz to pancake him. He was playing a deep off FS position that is not usual for our scheme. We played defense to put him and Newman in the best position to win. We don't normally do this for the other guys.
Maybe we should.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

DK Sweets wrote:I thought he looked to be our best safety of the year (outside of Smith of course).

I'd be very interested in seeing more play time for Harris.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

He was one of the higher rated safeties coming out of the draft and was just never selected for whatever reason. I know we worked him out a few times before the draft.

Post-draft I saw an article on NFL.com that listed the top 10 undrafted FAs and Harris was at the very top of the list. We could definitely have a steal here. If I was a practice squad guy and had to make my first start in Arizona against one of the best offenses in the NFL, I'd have crap in my pants. But I thought he held his own. He's definitely better than another other safety not named Smith on this roster. He needs to be starting come Chicago
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

I don't like naming names......yes I do :tongue: ....he showed me more in one game than Andrew Most-games-I-blow.

But it is just one game and we need a larger sample size. Lets hope we see him starting next game.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Looked pretty good to me, as an undrafted young guy you expect some mistakes / growing pains but I feel good about him going forward.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Harris just moved the roster for the rest of the season - if not the starting position in my mind.

Zimmer's insistence to play Sendejo pisses me off. He better not be starting when he returns from injury.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I thought harris played great, waynes on the other hand was a huge dissapointment. Waynes looks confused, he got burned so many times on simple routes. Makes me second guess even more selecting him at 11....
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I had to look him up. I honestly didn't even remember he was on the team. I was going, "Who's number 41 with all the hair? He's sticking his nose in there nicely."

Play the guy. He can't be worse than Sendejo or Blanton.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.