1st round pick poll

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

If the Vikings stay put at #23, who would be your top choice if they were available?

WR- Quenton Johnston- TCU
11%
CB- Deonte Banks- Maryland
No votes
EDGE- Lukas Van Ness- Iowa
17%
CB- Joey Porter Jr.- Penn St.
33%
WR- Jordan Addison- USC
6%
DL- Calijah Kancey- Pitt
No votes
WR- Zay Flowers- BC
6%
WR- Jaxon Smith-Njigba- OSU
11%
DB- Brian Branch- Alabama
No votes
EDGE- Myles Murphy- Clemson
No votes
QB- Hendon Hooker- Tennessee
11%
EDGE- Will McDonald IV- Iowa St.
6%

Total votes: 18

Cliff
Site Admin

Re: 1st round pick poll

Post by Cliff »

If they have a QB they like I'd love to see them trade up to draft them.

Last 5 super bowls have had QBs still on their rookie deals. Then Tom Brady who has been taking team friendly contracts and winning super bowls for years partially as a result. A good QB on a more reasonable contract that enables you to put money into the rest of the team seems to be the recipe. This last super bowl was Mahomes first with a large contract, I'm curious to see how KC does after it.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: 1st round pick poll

Post by CharVike »

Cliff wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:33 pm If they have a QB they like I'd love to see them trade up to draft them.

Last 5 super bowls have had QBs still on their rookie deals. Then Tom Brady who has been taking team friendly contracts and winning super bowls for years partially as a result. A good QB on a more reasonable contract that enables you to put money into the rest of the team seems to be the recipe. This last super bowl was Mahomes first with a large contract, I'm curious to see how KC does after it.
Stafford? Mahomes gets the credit. They had 10 draft picks contribute. 4 in a secondary package. A 7th round back who was very good at no cost. Drafting is the key. We can't draft. Mond already gone. It goes on and on.