Jeff Gladney arrested

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Jeff Gladney arrested

Post by Maelstrom88 »

mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Gladney is an idiot, if it is false then he would not turn himself in
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

VikingTom wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:41 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:36 pm

I was always a Winfield Jr. guy but trusted Zimmer's evaluation on Gladney. Even if he continues to trend towards a bust they are pretty well set at corner and yes Dantzler could easily make up for Gladney.
I always felt Winfield Jr was not only a safe pick, but was also BPA at the time. Whether Vikings would ever wish to admit it or not I always believed this was a matter of taking a desperate need over BPA
There was a lot of talk that Winfield Jr. could play CB anyway. However, let's not rewrite history. Gladney was a very highly regarded prospect.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:10 am
I do wonder if the "the truth will never be out there" part means that a settlement has pretty much been reached.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:28 am
VikingTom wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:41 pm

I always felt Winfield Jr was not only a safe pick, but was also BPA at the time. Whether Vikings would ever wish to admit it or not I always believed this was a matter of taking a desperate need over BPA
There was a lot of talk that Winfield Jr. could play CB anyway. However, let's not rewrite history. Gladney was a very highly regarded prospect.
It was a bad pick then and now. I had him rated as a late 2nd and wanted a couple of guys over him.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

YikesVikes wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:34 pm
It was a bad pick then and now. I had him rated as a late 2nd and wanted a couple of guys over him.
You were smarter than everyone else. Gratz.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:12 pm

You were smarter than everyone else. Gratz.
Thanks. I don't like first round Cbs.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Yeah and I had Tom Brady rated as the #1 QB heading into the 2000 draft.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I mean you have said this....
2020- Jefferson and Gladney - So far so good given draft position.
While I didn't love the Gladney pick (I was onboard with it and thought it was a solid one) I did want Winfield Jr. I felt our corner position was in better position than our Safety position.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:10 am
That doesn't really follow. It is possible he has been falsely accused. Million dollar athletes who will generally be assumed to be guilty make easy targets for shakedowns.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:11 am

2020- Jefferson and Gladney - So far so good given draft position.
While I didn't love the Gladney pick (I was onboard with it and thought it was a solid one) I did want Winfield Jr. I felt our corner position was in better position than our Safety position.
Wow, it's almost like... he's talking out of his ####.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Rhodes Closed wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:02 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:11 am

After analyzing the prior posts by Yikes Vikes he can totally take credit for liking Winfield more, but his statement of having Gladney as a late second round pick loses all credibility with his so far so good statement after his selection in the first round.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:45 am
Rhodes Closed wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:02 am

After analyzing the prior posts by Yikes Vikes he can totally take credit for liking Winfield more, but his statement of having Gladney as a late second-round pick loses all credibility with his so far so good statement after his selection in the first round.
The first post was about Jefferson and Gladney. So far so good. You should also give context as to the thread you pulled them from.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

YikesVikes wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:01 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:45 am
After analyzing the prior posts by Yikes Vikes he can totally take credit for liking Winfield more, but his statement of having Gladney as a late second-round pick loses all credibility with his so far so good statement after his selection in the first round.
The first post was about Jefferson and Gladney. So far so good. You should also give context as to the thread you pulled them from.
So your intent was that Jefferson was so good that he made up for totally hosing the second first round pick by taking a late second round talent. Seems like you could have differentiated between the two. You could have said great first pick, but crappy 2nd pick. I'm giving you credit for liking Winfield. I don't think you're deserving of credit for anything else.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:47 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:01 pm

So your intent was that Jefferson was so good that he made up for totally hosing the second first round pick by taking a late second round talent. Seems like you could have differentiated between the two. You could have said great first pick, but crappy 2nd pick. I'm giving you credit for liking Winfield. I don't think you're deserving of credit for anything else.
Ok thanks.