Vikes vs. Packers playoff predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikes vs. Packers playoff predictions

Post by headless_norseman »

Odds already out :rock:

Pack -9.5 faves :nono:

I'm taking those 9 points. Anyone else?
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Although the play styles could play into our hands, with some bad weather meaning that the running game could be more important than ever, I still think the Vikes are one-and-done. It has been a great run, but they have had to go error-free for too long. A few mistakes, maybe three lost fumbles, and the Vikes lose badly in the range of 34-13.

Yes, I'd love to jinx the Pack by picking them, but in this case, I just think things go wrong from the start and the dream ends. But it has been a good ride that we all would have happy to have had at the start of the season.
justinkendle
Veteran

Post by justinkendle »

Rodgers is to good I hate him when it comes to football but he torched a lot of guys tonight. Sheriles will be picked on again not gonna be pretty. I just dont see it happening hopefully the vikings win, we need ponder swag and some luck
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

It would take a super performance to replicate this win, especially on the road in winter conditions. Is it possible, yes it is but highly unlikely.
If the Vikes get Harrison Smith back and Winfield can play with the painfull broken finger then they have a shot.
I will be amazed if they win there but they have, at times, been pretty amazing, especiaslly AD.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Valhalla wrote:he would have no problem finding another team.
As a 3rd string wildcat QB? Sure he will.
jv1080
Practice Squad

Post by jv1080 »

Packers 28
Vikings 20

Very successful season for our Vikings.
jv1080
Practice Squad

Post by jv1080 »

Packers 28
Vikings 20

Very successful season for our Vikings.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

CyminologyVIKES wrote:Vikings 27 GB 24

Like people have said, we've almost beaten them twice. Control the clock, give the ball to Peterson and draw up screens to Gerhart and Simpson. Thought Musgrave called an amazing game today with our personnel. Remember that first down conversion pass to Felton? :v):

That play was awesome. I loved watching Felton just bull his way to the first down. :)

I agree with you about Musgrave. He called a great game. Actually, I think he's been doing a great job for most of the second half of the season.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I predict the Vikings will play the Packers next Saturday. :) Beyond that, I'm not picking this one, just rooting for the Vikings and hoping for the best. It's very difficult to win back-to-back games against the same team, especially a team as good as GB, but "difficult" doesn't mean "impossible".

The Vikings still haven't lost a game where they've won the turnover battle. If they win it again next weekend, they might just advance...
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I don't know how we win this one. Despite a season-most 444 yards Sunday with 50% third down success (matched season best) and winning in shootout vs. GB there's too much working against them. Going into Lambeau banged up against an angry Packers. Injury list as I know it:

Peterson
Winfield
Robison
Smith
Allen
Sullivan
Loadlholt
McKenzie
Jefferson

Meanwhile the Packers get Cobb and Woodson back to go along with a healthy Jennings, Matthews and Nelson. Yikes. I just don't see how every WR-DB matchup doesn't favor Green Bay, some by a laughable margin (for example Sherels vs. anybody).

If we can somehow pull this one off it will go down on my list of "wow" Vikings victories. This one could be ugly. Real ugly.
Last edited by dead_poet on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

It was pretty clear from the 2nd half that GB is a passing offense. Their running game didn't help much, in fact it put them in double digit deficit. So I think GB will go to what worked for them best, their passing attack.

What I would like to see from the Vikings this Saturday:

1. Counter Rodgers and the receiving core by putting Allen, Robison and Griffen for the whole game, not just 3rd and long.

2. Get the refs to look at GB's pick plays, a lot of those YAC runs by GB's WR were due to their WR blocking before the ball left Rodger's hands.

3. Playoff games are won by Defenses, the Vikings D have to step up. The O bailed them out at the dome, now it's time for the D to return the favor.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Delaqure wrote:Every game I have predicted, I have predicted incorrectly. I always predict the vikings will lose and I have been wrong every time. So in keeping with my winless record....

Rogers rips the vikings to shreds.

Vikings 26
Packers 45

It's only wierd if it doesn't work! :beerchug: :govikes: :smilevike:
It's like magic; only real! :lol:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
VltrophyXLV
Practice Squad

Post by VltrophyXLV »

Yesterday's game was the best the entire day. This Saturday will be another good game. Packers got eliminated in the 2nd round which was our first playoff game. We'll have to do a better job of tackling. Packers pull out the W & head out to San Fran. That said I wish the best for all u Vikings fans except when u play us. Have a Happy & blessed New Year
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

VltrophyXLV wrote:Yesterday's game was the best the entire day. This Saturday will be another good game. Packers got eliminated in the 2nd round which was our first playoff game. We'll have to do a better job of tackling. Vikings pull out the W & head out to San Fran. That said I wish the best for all u Vikings fans except when u play us. Have a Happy & blessed New Year
Fixed it for you :P

On a serious note, I'm sure it will be another epic battle regardless of the ultimate victor.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Vikings 8,905,647
Packers 2
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018