Harrison's Last Season?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Harrison's Last Season?

Post by Cliff »

Screenshot_20240109_115557.jpg
Screenshot_20240109_115557.jpg (525.3 KiB) Viewed 705 times

Might just be a little beaten down by how the season ended. Might have been on his mind a while. Either way, they're gonna need help at safety soon. Does Josh Metellus step into the role? Cine was the plan for this eventuality but he is a lost cause at this point I have to assume. It's been great watching Smith play if this is it.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Harrison's Last Season?

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

If he’s done with the Vikings, I hope he retires.

I remember when Alan Page went to the Bears. That was devastating to me. I wouldn’t want to see Harrison Smith in somebody else’s uniform.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:54 am If he’s done with the Vikings, I hope he retires.
Same. Selfishly hope this was his final season and he hangs it up. Awesome Viking. He was one of the best in a long history of great safeties.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Cliff wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:04 pm Screenshot_20240109_115557.jpg

Might just be a little beaten down by how the season ended. Might have been on his mind a while. Either way, they're gonna need help at safety soon. Does Josh Metellus step into the role? Cine was the plan for this eventuality but he is a lost cause at this point I have to assume. It's been great watching Smith play if this is it.
I'd expect Smith's perspective to change once he gets away from it for a while, but I'm also sure he's going to take a long, hard look at the team's composition heading into next season and factor that into any decisions he makes at this point in his career.
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

Love Hitman for most of his career but I have noticed the last few years that he seems like he just isnt really into it . He has ability left but the desire is just not there how many times do they show him just running up to the pile after the play is dead . I know Harrison is the best safety I have watched play and I saw all the great ones Krause , Browner , Hannon , Griffith when you combine covering , tackling and blitzing and run support Harrison Smith is the Vikings best safety all time and has a good chance at the HOF . I just hate to see him hang on too long when he just doesn't seem to have his heart in it .
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Lash Man wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:20 pm Love Hitman for most of his career but I have noticed the last few years that he seems like he just isnt really into it . He has ability left but the desire is just not there how many times do they show him just running up to the pile after the play is dead . I know Harrison is the best safety I have watched play and I saw all the great ones Krause , Browner , Hannon , Griffith when you combine covering , tackling and blitzing and run support Harrison Smith is the Vikings best safety all time and has a good chance at the HOF . I just hate to see him hang on too long when he just doesn't seem to have his heart in it .
I'd put Krause at the top of the list for pure production and consistency and Browner at the top for physical ability and intimidation factor, although I believe Browner was a strong safety while Krause and Smith are free safeties. Smith is definitely in the same league as those two in my mind, though.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingLord wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:54 pm
Lash Man wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:20 pm Love Hitman for most of his career but I have noticed the last few years that he seems like he just isnt really into it . He has ability left but the desire is just not there how many times do they show him just running up to the pile after the play is dead . I know Harrison is the best safety I have watched play and I saw all the great ones Krause , Browner , Hannon , Griffith when you combine covering , tackling and blitzing and run support Harrison Smith is the Vikings best safety all time and has a good chance at the HOF . I just hate to see him hang on too long when he just doesn't seem to have his heart in it .
I'd put Krause at the top of the list for pure production and consistency and Browner at the top for physical ability and intimidation factor, although I believe Browner was a strong safety while Krause and Smith are free safeties. Smith is definitely in the same league as those two in my mind, though.
Krause was the best ball hawk we ever had. We even put Browner on ST when we needed a play. He did it against the Saints in that playoff beat down. He was my favorite. Your right Krause was a FS and Browner strong. As for the HOF who knows how that works. It took Krause forever to get it. He was the NFL's all time interception leader. That should be automatic. He played when the game was more balanced. Plus it was a 14 game season when he was in his prime.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Rumor had it...Hitman was trying to negotiate his contract with Vikings at the combine.
Might not return to the Vikings, but sounds like he could be interested in another year.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Harrison Smith is coming back: the #Vikings have agreed to a restructured deal that will bring the safety back for a 13th season.
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

halfgiz wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:25 pm Harrison Smith is coming back: the #Vikings have agreed to a restructured deal that will bring the safety back for a 13th season.
This makes me happy.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Keeps one of the vet voices around. I like that. Hopefully the team, and him, are realistic about his current skill level.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Harrison has shown real loyalty and a desire to win the last few years. I respect him a ton for this.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.