Lions at Vikings

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Raz
Veteran

Lions at Vikings

Post by Raz »

Vikings will lose and it won’t be particularly close. The lions are better in every aspect of the game. It will put to bed any playoff talk. But really what to expect starting 4 different quarterbacks and really not much talent on defense.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Lions at Vikings

Post by CharVike »

Elimination will put to bed the playoff talk. The Lions have loss their last 2 divisional games to the Packers and Bears. Not a great showing.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Lions had a strong showing against the Broncos 42-17.
Disappointed with KOC handling of the offense. Seems like it’s his way or no way.
And he refuses to adjust. Just kind of frustrating.
Let’s see what RB starts next week.
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

Does really matter this Vikings team is just like every Vikings team they can beat most teams and also lose to most teams . They are the typical close to .500 not good not bad Minnesota mediocre .
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

halfgiz wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:22 am Lions had a strong showing against the Broncos 42-17.
Disappointed with KOC handling of the offense. Seems like it’s his way or no way.
We put up 424 yards on offense with a backup QB and a nobody playing RT. Even Darrisaw allowed a sack and had a false start. Mullens is the one to point the finger at with his TOs. Chandler avg 5.7 but Matti avg 6.6 on 10 carries the week before and then got hurt. He also was over 5 the game before that. What I worry about the most is the blocking that creates the holes for the yardage to be made. This last game when the blocking was bad Chandler didn't do anything. He was stuffed. I prefer Chandler for his speed. But he can't block very well which creates issues with the passing game.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

CharVike wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:17 am Elimination will put to bed the playoff talk. The Lions have loss their last 2 divisional games to the Packers and Bears. Not a great showing.
The Lion will obliterate us in both games we play with them. Their HC is twice the HC of KO. Didnt some of you want him for COTY :lol: Lioms are still in the hunt for home field advantage and are happy AF they have the Vikings to play 2 times.

The Vikings need new ownership before anything will really chance. Competitive Rebuild my as$
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Vikings beat the Lions to keep their hopes alive. They have a history of doing just enough to screw up their future chances of addressing problems the following season. A win over the Lions is just what the doctor ordered to continue that trend of "almosts" that have defined the Vikings since the late '90s when they had their last truly dominant regular season team. If KOC does get a lead in the game, we can be sure he'll keep it close to the vest and play to protect that lead, as will Flores on the defensive side, as if either has anything to protect at this point. I'm sure we'll see Mullens again and I'm sure Mullens will continue to fail to execute in key situations and turn the ball over under pressure. The main question isn't will he do those things, but can the rest of the team overcome those things. I suspect they will because that is the sort of false hope this team is known for creating, but in the end they'll yank the figurative ball away just like the Lucy character in Peanuts.

My best guess for the rest of this season is the Vikings squeak by the Lions and Packers, needing to win their final game in Detroit, only to lose that late, also in close fashion. It'll be another year of excuses, explanations and most likely puzzling moves in free agency and the draft, all under the guise of continuing the "competitive rebuild" the current regime embarked on two years ago.

Man, it is tough to be a fan of this team right now. They've had a bad run of luck with injuries and such, but I see no end in sight to the pervasive mediocrity and unprecedented ability to self-destruct in new and innovate ways that has defined this team for the last 23+ years.
Tark
Starter

Post by Tark »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:23 pm I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Vikings beat the Lions to keep their hopes alive. They have a history of doing just enough to screw up their future chances of addressing problems the following season. A win over the Lions is just what the doctor ordered to continue that trend of "almosts" that have defined the Vikings since the late '90s when they had their last truly dominant regular season team. If KOC does get a lead in the game, we can be sure he'll keep it close to the vest and play to protect that lead, as will Flores on the defensive side, as if either has anything to protect at this point. I'm sure we'll see Mullens again and I'm sure Mullens will continue to fail to execute in key situations and turn the ball over under pressure. The main question isn't will he do those things, but can the rest of the team overcome those things. I suspect they will because that is the sort of false hope this team is known for creating, but in the end they'll yank the figurative ball away just like the Lucy character in Peanuts.

My best guess for the rest of this season is the Vikings squeak by the Lions and Packers, needing to win their final game in Detroit, only to lose that late, also in close fashion. It'll be another year of excuses, explanations and most likely puzzling moves in free agency and the draft, all under the guise of continuing the "competitive rebuild" the current regime embarked on two years ago.

Man, it is tough to be a fan of this team right now. They've had a bad run of luck with injuries and such, but I see no end in sight to the pervasive mediocrity and unprecedented ability to self-destruct in new and innovate ways that has defined this team for the last 23+ years.
Sadly, Amen, brother. :wallbang:
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:23 pm I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Vikings beat the Lions to keep their hopes alive. They have a history of doing just enough to screw up their future chances of addressing problems the following season. A win over the Lions is just what the doctor ordered to continue that trend of "almosts" that have defined the Vikings since the late '90s when they had their last truly dominant regular season team. If KOC does get a lead in the game, we can be sure he'll keep it close to the vest and play to protect that lead, as will Flores on the defensive side, as if either has anything to protect at this point. I'm sure we'll see Mullens again and I'm sure Mullens will continue to fail to execute in key situations and turn the ball over under pressure. The main question isn't will he do those things, but can the rest of the team overcome those things. I suspect they will because that is the sort of false hope this team is known for creating, but in the end they'll yank the figurative ball away just like the Lucy character in Peanuts.

You mean since 1978
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

CharVike wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:45 pm
halfgiz wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:22 am Lions had a strong showing against the Broncos 42-17.
We put up 424 yards on offense with a backup QB and a nobody playing RT. Even Darrisaw allowed a sack and had a false start. Mullens is the one to point the finger at with his TOs. Chandler avg 5.7 but Matti avg 6.6 on 10 carries the week before and then got hurt. He also was over 5 the game before that. What I worry about the most is the blocking that creates the holes for the yardage to be made. This last game when the blocking was bad Chandler didn't do anything. He was stuffed. I prefer Chandler for his speed. But he can't block very well which creates issues with the passing game.

You know we were playing agonist a backup QB too right? One KO, in his infinite wisdom, had on our PS but never trained. Imagine that, another mistake by KO. Your love for KO is astonishing. If you cant tell Ty is the better RB, you know NOTHING about football. Try to quit making excuses for KO, and look at what this team is. We aernt good, despite having a 13 win team last season. We were lucky last season, unlucky this one.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:54 pm
CharVike wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:45 pm

You know we were playing agonist a backup QB too right? One KO, in his infinite wisdom, had on our PS but never trained. Imagine that, another mistake by KO. Your love for KO is astonishing. If you cant tell Ty is the better RB, you know NOTHING about football. Try to quit making excuses for KO, and look at what this team is. We aernt good, despite having a 13 win team last season. We were lucky last season, unlucky this one.
KO wasn't here when Browning was cut. Matti has had 3 100 yard rushing games in his career subbing for Cook. He was a backup. They gave him a chance and he won the job in camp. I hope Chandler continues to bang out 100 yard games. He had a good game against Denver with 10-73. He struggled against the Saints 15-45 and the Raiders 12-35. Which one is he? Our team lacks talent we all know that. Bad drafting caused that. Last year we were lucky and we all know that also. But IMO it was entertaining. They pulled games out of their arse to win. The Bill game was great and the greatest comeback ever was great. Peg hitting the 61 yarder was great. We all know he sucks but he never misses in practice so he makes the team. KO has one year left. If we miss the SB let him go. It's no big deal to me. No matter who the HC is the running game starts with the blocking. If you can't block it will get shut down. Ty had runs for nothing against the Bengals because there was nothing open. That's bad blocking. When he had a gap he went through it.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

CharVike wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:14 am
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:54 pm

KO wasn't here when Browning was cut. Matti has had 3 100 yard rushing games in his career subbing for Cook. He was a backup. They gave him a chance and he won the job in camp. I hope Chandler continues to bang out 100 yard games. He had a good game against Denver with 10-73. He struggled against the Saints 15-45 and the Raiders 12-35. Which one is he? Our team lacks talent we all know that. Bad drafting caused that. Last year we were lucky and we all know that also. But IMO it was entertaining. They pulled games out of their arse to win. The Bill game was great and the greatest comeback ever was great. Peg hitting the 61 yarder was great. We all know he sucks but he never misses in practice so he makes the team. KO has one year left. If we miss the SB let him go. It's no big deal to me. No matter who the HC is the running game starts with the blocking. If you can't block it will get shut down. Ty had runs for nothing against the Bengals because there was nothing open. That's bad blocking. When he had a gap he went through it.
I think it is patently unfair to judge Vikings running back performance until Bradbury and Ingram are replaced...
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:03 pm
CharVike wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:17 am Elimination will put to bed the playoff talk. The Lions have loss their last 2 divisional games to the Packers and Bears. Not a great showing.
The Lion will obliterate us in both games we play with them. Their HC is twice the HC of KO. Didnt some of you want him for COTY :lol: Lioms are still in the hunt for home field advantage and are happy AF they have the Vikings to play 2 times.

The Vikings need new ownership before anything will really chance. Competitive Rebuild my as$
What do you see as the score for this obliterate? Will it be 41-0? 36-7? 48-10? Or will it be a 24-20 obliterate. Remember the mighty Lions don't have much on D. They are 24th in scoring avg and we are 4th if that matters. The Ravens beat them to death and the Packers and Bears of all teams beat them. Give a score thought maybe I can use it.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

I see this game just like the rest a coin flip. The Lions are currently the better team especially at QB and OL. On offense they try to build everything off their ground game which is one of the best. We have one of the better run defenses. With Hicks back we should be able to limit them. They have a good young rookie TE. St. Brown is a good WR who can make yards after the catch. They don't have much beyond their 2 starters. They use a timing based passing game so we need to interrupt that. Goff has a good arm so it will be tough to jump his passes. In the end we need to limit the ground game so we can attack Goff and if we do that we could get a TO and some sacks. On offense Mullens played a very good game and we moved the ball well. He can't turn the ball over. If he does that again we will get beat again. We have been running the ball well the last few games after having nothing early in the year. JJ as usual was open and made the catches. Good to see Addison back in action. The 2 TDs he had showed his skill set is varied. He jumped up for a soft toss in the end zone and took a short one to the house after a shoe string grab. He's a fun player to watch. He needs touches. Osborn? He should shine but rarely does. Hock is doing well and plays hard. The Lions secondary isn't that great and they only have 30 sacks on the season. That's not a good combination. I think we can score some points. The Lions will score also. I see it 31-28 us.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

[/quote]

This is one of those times where I am in total agreement with you. The Wilfs have shown Zero ability in owning a football team with their absurd long term devotion to our previous GM who shall remain nameless. Now they will likely spend another decade with KOC and Kawesi, unable to admit their own errors and drafting losers and ignoring the fundamental importance of their Front lines. AND I am very afraid they are about to spend a zillion dollars on a long term extension on Pocket Kirk.....aaaaargh