Vikings at Raiders

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Vikings at Raiders

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Mullens in. I wish it was Hall.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Kick the FG or go for the 1st down. Don't punt.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

After a TO we get a delay of game. WTF. :wallbang:
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Mullens not great but 9-13 for 83 yards doesn't suck. As I type this 4th and 4 with 18 seconds to go. Kick the FG or just run another play?
Neither.
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Vikings win. :govikes: :banana:
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

3-0 in a climate controlled stadium.
Are you kidding me :confused:

I think that it's obvious that KOC does not know how to scheme for an athletic QB. It's outside of his comfort zone.
Also, Dobbs is not that good.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

There is no excuse for KOC waiting forever to yank Dobbs. He should have been yanked last game at half with all those TOs. A win is a win. Nice shut out for our D. You can't cut Dobbs but hopefully Hall will be the backup and there needs to be a quick hook for Mullens. I'm blaming KOC but it could also be Wes because he is the OC. Maybe that's why he was out drinking because he knew we were toast with Dobbs. Never thought I'd see a 3-0 game unless it was weather related. Embarrassing win. So much for not sleeping in Vegas.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

IIsweet wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:22 pm 3-0 in a climate controlled stadium.

I think that it's obvious that KOC does not know how to scheme for an athletic QB. It's outside of his comfort zone.
It has nothing to do with the scheme. Dobbs played great a couple games which proves the scheme was fine. He's just not a good QB. A change up for a game or two and then that's it.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

I hope I never have to watch another game like that.

Dobbs is terrible. KO is too stubborn, he waited too long to put Mullen in.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

KOC after game talk with reporters. Matti and O'Neil sprained ankles. JJ had xrays something with upper chest but could fly back with team. Non committal on QB something about ebb and flow. Whatever. Talked about Wes and his DWI and other possible punishments for him. He looked pissed when asked about that.

makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Dobbs' best games where when he was playing out of the scheme, not in it. Soon as koc tried to force his scheme on Dobbs it went to ####. Square peg round hole. Beyond a doubt. He was put in a poor situation and tried his best.

He's a back up. It is what it is. Backup nfl players are very skilled gifted athletes still.

The offense is just decimated with injuries. If we lost one more olineman today we'd be playing a TE as a lineman. JJ out again. Dobbs placed the ball poorly and got him crushed.

However koc isn't striking me as offensive genius. This team doesn't put up the points for an offensive genius. He continues to be stubborn. At least he finally yanked Dobbs. Frankly he shouldn't have been starting though. He needs to commit to Mullens and Hall and get them prepared and stick to a plan.

Defense played awesome. Hope we can retain Flores so we can see what this defense and a complimentary offense can do.

But hey we won. 3-0. Wooo.

Annoyed kinda hot take post.

edit: saw a tweet that kinda hit home. 1 TD allowed past 3 games. 1-2 record. The 1 win being a 3-0 games. bahahaha.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Dobbs is not good at all. He continues to hold the ball way too long, which results in lots of QB pressures, mistakes, and incompletions. Defenses clearly don't respect Dobbs deep and were starting to jump the short routes. I've seen enough of him and I'd be shocked if we see him again this year.

The defense has been playing really well. Flores has done an amazing job on that side of the ball. It won't be enough to get this team anywhere this year because of the substantial issues on offense, but they've been playing really well and consistently.

Overall poor game for the most part. That hit by Epps on JJ should have been flagged for defenseless receiver. The helmet-to-helmet hit on Nailor should have been as well. Not sure what the refs are watching on those plays but they missed two pretty blatant calls that did or could have resulted in injury.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Good to see Addison catch a longer pass. I thought he might have hit the rookie wall but he hit the Dobbs wall. Maybe if we play Mullens he will score a TD again this season. Seemed like a TD was a sure thing every week when the season started.
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

It’s a matter of perspective. I look at it as KOC despite giving Dobbs every opportunity to play the quarterback position and get the ball to JJ without getting him killed didn’t work out. That high throw into traffic in the middle putting arguably the best receiver in the game in that position was enough for me.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

I think we have the best DC in the NFL right now. I hope we can have him next year too, no matter the cost. And the defense loves him. If we are about to lose him to a team that wants a HC, I would like the Vikings to outbid whatever team wants him. I dont think he would be a good HC, but then neither is KO. And even as HC he could focus on the D, teaching whoever would be the next DC. We need to wrap him up right away.