Vikings at Packers

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jvessey
Practice Squad

Re: Vikings at Packers

Post by jvessey »

So is Kirk out for the season? Was that the last we ever see him as a Viking? People seem to think it is serious, possibly an Achilles.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

jvessey wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:24 pm So is Kirk out for the season? Was that the last we ever see him as a Viking? People seem to think it is serious, possibly an Achilles.
Multiple Drs analyzing the film are posting it looks like an Achilles, so could be wrong, but definitely points to that. 9 month or so recovery, so lucky to make training camp next year if that's the case.
jvessey
Practice Squad

Post by jvessey »

Confirmed Achilles injury. He is most likely out for season
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

So... it's Mannion time :rofl:

We will be drafting our QB of the future next April.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

How quintessentially Vikings to whoop the Pack but have a major storm cloud ruin the joy. Might be the last time we see Kirk play in Purple. Will JJ even bother playing this season, given this news? This season just went down the toilet.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:05 pm Cousins is so freaking good. :govikes: :smilevike: :appl: :banana:
Kinda hurts seeing this now.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Texas Vike wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:58 pm How quintessentially Vikings to whoop the Pack but have a major storm cloud ruin the joy. Might be the last time we see Kirk play in Purple. Will JJ even bother playing this season, given this news? This season just went down the toilet.
We were looking like we had it all figured out. We're 4-1 over the last 5 games including beating the 49ers. We saw Hall play. He is NOT the answer. This is the suck of all suck. Many here have been wanting Cousins gone. It looks like you get your wish.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

FullWood wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:02 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:05 pm Cousins is so freaking good. :govikes: :smilevike: :appl: :banana:
Kinda hurts seeing this now.
Yes it does.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:19 pm
Texas Vike wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:58 pm How quintessentially Vikings to whoop the Pack but have a major storm cloud ruin the joy. Might be the last time we see Kirk play in Purple. Will JJ even bother playing this season, given this news? This season just went down the toilet.
We were looking like we had it all figured out. We're 4-1 over the last 5 games including beating the 49ers. We saw Hall play. He is NOT the answer. This is the suck of all suck. Many here have been wanting Cousins gone. It looks like you get your wish.
In all fairness, hall threw 4 passes. Pretty quick to judge. Highly doubt the 49ers considered throwing the towel in on purdy after his 4th career nfl pass. Especially when it was a game he was thrown into without taking meaningful reps with the 1s. Give the kid a chance. What do we have to lose at this point?
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:22 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:19 pm
In all fairness, hall threw 4 passes. Pretty quick to judge. Highly doubt the 49ers considered throwing the towel in on purdy after his 4th career nfl pass. Especially when it was a game he was thrown into without taking meaningful reps with the 1s. Give the kid a chance. What do we have to lose at this point?
Nothing to lose really. I hope he works out, but I didn't get a good vibe from what he did today.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Way to early on Hall. KO must have seen something he liked. But some of those pass plays KO call when Hall was in there were just terrible. Hall should get a few games in before a trade, or Mullens/Maniaon come in. I hope they stick with Hall. I got good vibes from him, which means absolutely nothing. He seems pretty mobile, maybe he can throw a good ball under pressure. Kirk was throwing bullets today. Accurate ones, as he was agaisnt San Fran. What poor timing for this, but there is never a good time for it.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

The defense has definitely turned a corner in the last couple of games. They're working harder to get turnovers and that was a huge part of what made them a bad defense. For example, they're actively trying to jump routes when it seems like that wasn't happened before. In the past it seemed like they were just being more aggressive and that was it. Now it appears they're finding ways to take advantage of the chaos in a way they hadn't been able to before.

Obviously losing Kirk is the big talking point on offense. Addison looked good again. It would have been nice to find a way to keep Thielen. It was basically him or Hockenson and we really needed the TE position filled so I suppose I get it. It's probably for the best. There's not enough positions to feed all 3 WRs. They're all players that could be #1 depending on the team and I doubt any of them would be happy being #3.

The offense line is really doing well these days. The fact that there's been so much complaining about them really shows the patience level of the average fan these days. These are mostly young 1st and 2nd round picks and since they're high picks they expect production right away. With an offensive line there the additional component of them needing to have time to play together as a group and "gel". It's nice to see the investment in the Oline paying off finally.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

The Vikings had a really good game against the Packers overall. Defense played very well, and I felt the offense also played well although I thought the OL had a bit of a letdown after their outstanding performance against the 49ers. The defense in particular has been making plays and creating turnovers and stepping up in late game situations. Blackmon has shown well at corner, Bynum continues to be in the right spots at the right times, and I like what I'm seeing from the front seven in terms of their overall awareness and gap discipline. Flores has them playing as a unit and that is showing up on tape and in the end result.

I also have to acknowledge the Vikings receivers because they are some gamers. JJ gets a lot of the praise as well he should, but Addison's ability to get open and score keeps showing up while Hockenson, Osborn, Powell and others are making a lot of plays. If Hall can settle in this is a very favorable situation for him, especially once JJ is back. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that KOC can help him find a way to get comfortable.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:06 pm Way to early on Hall. KO must have seen something he liked. But some of those pass plays KO call when Hall was in there were just terrible. Hall should get a few games in before a trade, or Mullens/Maniaon come in. I hope they stick with Hall. I got good vibes from him, which means absolutely nothing. He seems pretty mobile, maybe he can throw a good ball under pressure. Kirk was throwing bullets today. Accurate ones, as he was agaisnt San Fran. What poor timing for this, but there is never a good time for it.
You do realize that the trade deadline is this Tuesday, don't you?
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Purple Reign wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:02 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:06 pm Way to early on Hall. KO must have seen something he liked. But some of those pass plays KO call when Hall was in there were just terrible. Hall should get a few games in before a trade, or Mullens/Maniaon come in. I hope they stick with Hall. I got good vibes from him, which means absolutely nothing. He seems pretty mobile, maybe he can throw a good ball under pressure. Kirk was throwing bullets today. Accurate ones, as he was agaisnt San Fran. What poor timing for this, but there is never a good time for it.
You do realize that the trade deadline is this Tuesday, don't you?
Yea, I meant a few games before Manion or Mullens get the nod