JJ to injured list

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

makila
Franchise Player

JJ to injured list

Post by makila »

Per Pelissero this morning. Four weeks min.

Raz
Veteran

JJ

Post by Raz »

Well being reported JJ to the injured reserve we shall see if out great offensive mined coach can skeem up some plays
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Re: JJ to injured list

Post by allday1991 »

makila wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:58 am Per Pelissero this morning. Four weeks min.

And there goes any excitement for the next 4 weeks. I really hope we lose out. Outside of Williams this qb class doesn’t impress me. Just seen some mock were we drafted Quinn Ewers at 6th, who?! If somehow this team could get Williams, some interior oline and dline I’ll be excited for next year. We likely go 10-12th, draft god knows who at qb and live in misery for the next 3 years till we start over again at management.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

allday1991 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:27 am And there goes any excitement for the next 4 weeks. I really hope we lose out. Outside of Williams this qb class doesn’t impress me. Just seen some mock were we drafted Quinn Ewers at 6th, who?! If somehow this team could get Williams, some interior oline and dline I’ll be excited for next year. We likely go 10-12th, draft god knows who at qb and live in misery for the next 3 years till we start over again at management.
The Vikings fan in me...immediately thought...well the most Viking thing to do would be win majority of games JJ is out.

I fall in the camp of..you have to swing (not reach, ponder) for qbs. We won't ever find next qb if we don't swing at some. You just need to have infrastructure in place to develop them.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

allday1991 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:27 am And there goes any excitement for the next 4 weeks.
I'm sure the Vikings won't be in a rush to bring him back either, so we'll see how long it actually takes. The lead up to the trade deadline may be real interesting for the Vikings this year.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Time to tank. Any and all players would be on the trade block for me.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:59 am Time to tank. Any and all players would be on the trade block for me.
Time to tank? What have we been doing until now? No reason to tank on purpose, it's just happening.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Cliff wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:22 am
Maelstrom88 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:59 am Time to tank. Any and all players would be on the trade block for me.
Time to tank? What have we been doing until now? No reason to tank on purpose, it's just happening.
We need to have a fire sale. Trade anyone that draws interest. Yes I mean everyone. I'd trade JJ for two 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders. I don't want to pay him what he thinks he should get. I don't think you win championships by paying WRs like QBs. The only player I'd deem untouchable is Darrisaw if he actually is a franchise LT. I honestly haven't focused on him enough to say if he is or not.
Last edited by Maelstrom88 on Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
mael·strom

Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Time to see what we have in Jordan Addison, so that might be interesting. It's so disheartening for the season to be over already. Something like one 1-4 team has made the playoffs in NFL history. It's going to be rough to stay interested.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:26 am

We need to have a fire sale. Trade anyone that draws interest. Yes I mean everyone. I'd trade JJ for two 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders. I don't want to pay him what he thinks he should get. I don't think you win championships by paying WRs like QBs. The only player I'd deem untouchable is Darrisaw if he actually is a franchise LT. I honestly haven't focused on him enough to say if he is or not.
JJ isn't going anywhere. He's too valuable from a business perspective, not just as a player.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Cliff wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:28 am Time to see what we have in Jordan Addison, so that might be interesting. It's so disheartening for the season to be over already. Something like one 1-4 team has made the playoffs in NFL history. It's going to be rough to stay interested.
Agreed. I am curious to see Addison in the main featured role. Assuming we don't force kj into it. Wonder if we keep throwing at the same pace.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

That’s not a rebuild strategy, trading young good players for draft picks isn’t a strategy, it’s just being sour and gambling. If they want to trade middle aged players they can afford coming up on contacts, I’d completely understand. But honestly if a GM started trading even good young players on good contracts they need to go. It’s a simple numbers game, we could get two first, two seconds for JJ the question is would it actually be worth it? There’s a good chance 50% of those picks won even be starters and if they do start that chances of them being HOF good are even lower. You’ll lose 80% of the time with this strategy.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

allday1991 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:16 pm

That’s not a rebuild strategy, trading young good players for draft picks isn’t a strategy, it’s just being sour and gambling. If they want to trade middle aged players they can afford coming up on contacts, I’d completely understand. But honestly if a GM started trading even good young players on good contracts they need to go. It’s a simple numbers game, we could get two first, two seconds for JJ the question is would it actually be worth it? There’s a good chance 50% of those picks won even be starters and if they do start that chances of them being HOF good are even lower. You’ll lose 80% of the time with this strategy.
Agree, I don't think they should go fire sale mode, but I wouldn't be opposed to some trades. Feels like Cleveland will be gone anyways as a FA and Hunter is a single year contract, so on board with those. Kirk has a no trade clause so it's all up to him if he wants to work something out. All dependent on someone wanting them at the right price of course.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

allday1991 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:16 pm

There is a good chance with Kwesi we would draft busts. I would get rid of him as well. Hire someone from the Eagles. They know how to draft.

This strategy seemed to work out pretty well for the Lions when they traded Hock to us. Saved a ton of money and got a better TE.
Last edited by Maelstrom88 on Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mael·strom

Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

makila wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:16 am
Cliff wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:28 am Time to see what we have in Jordan Addison, so that might be interesting. It's so disheartening for the season to be over already. Something like one 1-4 team has made the playoffs in NFL history. It's going to be rough to stay interested.
Agreed. I am curious to see Addison in the main featured role. Assuming we don't force kj into it. Wonder if we keep throwing at the same pace.
I don't think we have any option but to keep throwing. The team isn't built for anything else.