53 man Roster etc...

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

makila
Franchise Player

Re: 53 man Roster etc...

Post by makila »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:33 am
makila wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:48 am Signing Myles Gaskin to the thin rb room.

What is so great about Myles Gaskin. The Dolphins one of the most RB deprived teams in the NFL cut him and now we are waiving Reagor and eating 2Million in salary to sign Gaskin.
I didn't say he was great? Don't know much about him. He played for Flores when they were in Miami. Wonder if they got his input? That's about all I got. Haha.

It was pretty obvious they had to add a rb once teams cut. So that wasn't a surprise.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Trade Hock for Taylor.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

makila wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:52 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:33 am
What is so great about Myles Gaskin. The Dolphins one of the most RB deprived teams in the NFL cut him and now we are waiving Reagor and eating 2Million in salary to sign Gaskin.
I didn't say he was great? Don't know much about him. He played for Flores when they were in Miami. Wonder if they got his input? That's about all I got. Haha.

It was pretty obvious they had to add a rb once teams cut. So that wasn't a surprise.
I was asking the board in general what is so great about him. Not you in particular. Small, slow, unproductive, and cut by the team with the worst RB group in the NFL.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:13 am

I was asking the board in general what is so great about him. Not you in particular. Small, slow, unproductive, and cut by the team with the worst RB group in the NFL.
Career ypc of 3.7, how much was he compared to a Kareem hunt?
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Pass catching is his strength. Maybe that's how they plan to deploy him? It certainly isn't between the tackles.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:13 am I was asking the board in general what is so great about him. Not you in particular. Small, slow, unproductive, and cut by the team with the worst RB group in the NFL.
Maybe KOC feels he fits something in the offense scheme better than what they had?
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

From Sports Illustrated on David Quessenberry.

This is a nice depth addition to the Vikings' offensive line. In 2021, his lone season as a full-time starter, Quessenberry earned an 80.6 PFF grade that was tied for 14th-best out of 57 tackles with at least 600 snaps played. His 89.1 run-blocking grade was fifth-best among that group, helping balance out a 61.6 pass-blocking grade (he was charged with 43 pressures and 11 sacks allowed that year). Last year, he earned average grades with the Bills but showed his versatility by playing both tackles positions and right guard.
He seems like an improvement over Oli Udoh and Vedarian Lowe. Does anybody know how we made room for him? Kene on the IR or something?
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

CharVike wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:11 am Our IOL will get a test right out of the gate when they face Vita Vea from the Bucs. This guy is a monster and also chipped in with 6.5 sacks which is very impressive for a blocker eating NT. Supposedly Vea overwhelms at the point of attack. This is a big challenge for them. We'll see if they're up for it.
The interior OL has consistently struggled with the more aggressive and massive interior defensive tackles for the last several seasons. I expect KOC to try to scheme around that weakness as I don't see how it has been addressed in the offseason, but we'll see.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

makila wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:51 pm
Pass catching is his strength. Maybe that's how they plan to deploy him? It certainly isn't between the tackles.
That would make sense because he sure sucks at running it.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Luiji made it to the PS

Vikings announce 12 practice squad signings

The Vikings announced that they have signed the following 12 players — all of whom were waived or released by the team on Tuesday — to the practice squad.

WR Thayer Thomas

WR Trishton Jackson

WR Lucky Jackson

RB DeWayne McBride

C Alan Ali

OLB Luiji Vilain

OLB Benton Whitley

DL Sheldon Day

DL T.J. Smith

CB Joejuan Williams

CB Jaylin Williams

CB C.J. Coldon Jr.

https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/tra ... d-signings
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

We poached 3 for PS and they're all O Line.
OT Hakeem Adeniji (Bengals)
G Tyrese Robinson (Eagles)
G Henry Byrd (Broncos)
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

If there was any doubt Muse would have been poached consider this breaking news from Adam Schefter.

Packers claimed TE Ben Sims on waivers from the Vikings,