Vikings at Seahawks 8/10/23 Live and post game chat

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Vikings at Seahawks 8/10/23 Live and post game chat

Post by VikingsVictorious »

The most momentous event in the world since 4th and 8 happens tonight. Do we really need separate threads for during and after the games? I don't think so. Go Vikings and Go Addison and Go everybody. :govikes: :smilevike:
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Vikings at Seahawks 8/10/23 Live and post game chat

For those who don't have broadcast TV you can join this watch party.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Vikings take the lead on a Greg Joseph FG. Marched inside the 10 but had to settle. About to get the ball back. Addison with a toe tap called OB that should have been a catch.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

I'm calling an Addison TD before he leaves the game.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Pitching a shutout so far. The Flores/Vikings defense has yet to give up a point.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

2nd half the Hall era begins. :govikes:
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

I fell asleep, but it seems like a poor start to the Hall era.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Standouts for me were Addison and Villain.

Not impressed with Mullens at all. Threw a terrible pass to Addison and on his TD throw I feel like the underneath option was the right read.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:35 am Standouts for me were Addison and Villain.

Not impressed with Mullens at all. Threw a terrible pass to Addison and on his TD throw I feel like the underneath option was the right read.
I read the same thing about Villain.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:47 pm I fell asleep, but it seems like a poor start to the Hall era.
Definitely some happy feet. At the same time though, that pass blocking was atrocious there on many plays.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Only saw bits and pieces of the game, but I was not impressed by Hall at all. Yeah, he didn't get great protection, but even when he quickly released the ball he didn't look sharp.

Vikings defensive secondary depth does not look good either. Booth was straight-up burned for an easy TD. I hope he's showing more in camp because he didn't look good. Ditto for the other CB who allowed the duck ball TD. The Seattle QB throws up a duck that has interception written all over it, a pass that the opposing defense would have to literally try to turn into a completion for the opposing offense, much less a TD, and the Viking CB in the area not only manages not to pick the ball, but he turns around and literally falls down backwards yards away from the play, allowing an easy catch and a TD.

I know its preseason, but KAM and KOC, this is literally the best you can do in terms of DB depth?

Maybe these guys are doing better in camp and just had some bad moments, but the secondary depth looked really crappy last night.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingLord wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:16 am Only saw bits and pieces of the game, but I was not impressed by Hall at all. Yeah, he didn't get great protection, but even when he quickly released the ball he didn't look sharp.

Vikings defensive secondary depth does not look good either. Booth was straight-up burned for an easy TD. I hope he's showing more in camp because he didn't look good. Ditto for the other CB who allowed the duck ball TD. The Seattle QB throws up a duck that has interception written all over it, a pass that the opposing defense would have to literally try to turn into a completion for the opposing offense, much less a TD, and the Viking CB in the area not only manages not to pick the ball, but he turns around and literally falls down backwards yards away from the play, allowing an easy catch and a TD.

I know its preseason, but KAM and KOC, this is literally the best you can do in terms of DB depth?

Maybe these guys are doing better in camp and just had some bad moments, but the secondary depth looked really crappy last night.
#27 Jalon Barnes was the CB that managed to not only miss an easy INT, but fall on his backside and allow the TD. It was a phenomenally incompetent play, reminiscent of the Bad News Bears.

Jaren Hall looked like he was accustomed to having 10 seconds to make a decision. He was an absolute flat-footed statue, even when there were guys who were open. He also did not show any proclivity to run, despite his supposed ability to do so. It was a very rough outing for the young (not SO young, at 25) QB.

In the first half, among the guys who are actually likely to see the field this season: Jalen Reagor had the kind of night I was hoping to see from Addison. He was open often, ran crisp routes, and was sure handed. Addison made a great toe tapping catch that was called OB incorrectly (and not challenged), and adjusted well to make a catch on a poorly thrown Mullens' ball. Addison looks sharp. I want to see more.

Ty Chandler looked solid. McBride did not. But Chandler made a case for sharing time with Mattison.

Overall, our starting D looked solid. Standouts included Luigi Villain, Tonga, Pace Jr., and Cine. Cine made a few minor mistakes, but his aggression is something we need. I can see a future for him on this team, unlike his fellow 2022 draft mate, Booth Jr., who got burned bad in the second half.

SEA played its 2nd QB much longer than we did. Not sure if that was true of the rest of their O and D, but if not, our depth looked suspect, especially on D and OL. We simply got outplayed in the second half.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

OL still needs improvement!
Couldn't even pick up a yard for a first down.
A Little worried that Ingram got a start. Tells me they are still not sold on him, and his play proved it.
Pace and Addison looked good.
Booth not such a good game for him. Hall was a little disappointing but it was his first game and he had a lot of pressure.
Kicking game looked sound.

Still not sold on KOC play calling.
And it's preseason :lol:
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

I only saw first half. Guess getting old, fell asleep at half.

Agree about reagor and Addison comment from texasvike.

Thought Mcbride looked rough. Saw a lot of Pace all over the field in a few 1st half series.

Didn't really get excited about anything. It's preseason with koc and Flores the types not to show much.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Texas Vike wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:44 am Overall, our starting D looked solid. Standouts included Luigi Villain, Tonga, Pace Jr., and Cine. Cine made a few minor mistakes, but his aggression is something we need. I can see a future for him on this team, unlike his fellow 2022 draft mate, Booth Jr., who got burned bad in the second half.
I still can't believe nobody drafted Pace. I thought if he made it to the 3rd he'd be a steal there, and I never imagined nobody would draft him. If it is because of his size then the NFL draft process is hopelessly broken. If there was something else there that wasn't publicly known maybe I could understand it. Regardless, the Vikings got away with highway robbery getting Pace as an UDFA. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pace supplant Hicks as a starter if Flores is given free reign to decide that.

Cine seems to be coming along. It's good to see he has recovered from his injury, and I have to remind myself that basically he's still a rookie since he missed all of last year.

I wonder if Booth even makes the team. I know the Vikings are probably desperate at CB but his fundamentals seem off. He either lacks discipline to play fundamentally sound or he can do it and just chooses to gamble. Either way, when he blows a coverage he blows it bigtime. He's not just a step off - he's leaving guys wide open. No matter how much physical ability a guy has, playing corner requires a certain amount of discipline and awareness that Booth has not demonstrated so far. Let's hope Flores can coach him up because as it stands he is proving to be a huge liability when he's out there.