Jordan Addison

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Jordan Addison

Post by VikingsVictorious »

allday1991 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:18 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:45 pm
I never made a decision like that. If I had big bucks and wanted to drive fast I would have booked some time at a race track.
As a father I’d tell my 21 year old son as a new driver I don’t think it’s a good idea to take a 600 hp car as a new driver to the track, just cause your on a track doesn’t make you superhuman, also voids your insurance on the car and yourself! Better than testing in the streets but still not a great idea imo.
I never said I would advise anybody to do that. I just said if I "MUST" do that it would be better to book some time at a track.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

cogitator
Veteran

Post by cogitator »

Yeah, sure, of course there was, a dog emergency at 3 am.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/380 ... -emergency
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Oh, all is well. He isnt just sorry, he is TRULY sorry. Hes not going to be a problem for the rest of his career. :rofl:
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:36 pm Oh, all is well. He isnt just sorry, he is TRULY sorry. Hes not going to be a problem for the rest of his career. :rofl:
He didn't even write that statement in all likelihood.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

I'm seeing reports that Addison is dominating at camp.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:04 am I'm seeing reports that Addison is dominating at camp.
The more I watch Addison's highlights from college the more convinced I am that the Vikings got another steal at WR in this most recent draft. The guy just has that second-sense you see in the great offensive skill position players. He knows how to confuse the guy covering him. He knows how to gain leverage and separation based not just on the route, but also playing off what his defender is doing. And he does all of this smoothly and seemingly without effort, which somehow makes it very predictable for the guy throwing him the ball. I think Addision coupled with JJ is going to be an absolute nightmare for opposing defenses. The two of them just do things right and with TJ in the mix I don't see a lot of secondaries that are going to be able to cover them.

Now, if the OL can just keep Cousins vertical...
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

VikingLord wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:17 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:04 am I'm seeing reports that Addison is dominating at camp.
The more I watch Addison's highlights from college the more convinced I am that the Vikings got another steal at WR in this most recent draft. The guy just has that second-sense you see in the great offensive skill position players. He knows how to confuse the guy covering him. He knows how to gain leverage and separation based not just on the route, but also playing off what his defender is doing. And he does all of this smoothly and seemingly without effort, which somehow makes it very predictable for the guy throwing him the ball. I think Addision coupled with JJ is going to be an absolute nightmare for opposing defenses. The two of them just do things right and with TJ in the mix I don't see a lot of secondaries that are going to be able to cover them.

I’m seeing media guys making comps to Percy Harvin. Not as stout or quite as fast as Harvin, but with the same shiftiness and quick twitch.

We’ll see when the bright lights come on, but if those comps are even remotely true, this offense could be a lot of fun.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:12 pm

I’m seeing media guys making comps to Percy Harvin. Not as stout or quite as fast as Harvin, but with the same shiftiness and quick twitch.

We’ll see when the bright lights come on, but if those comps are even remotely true, this offense could be a lot of fun.
I'm confident that Addison will turn out to be a bright lights type of player. :govikes: :v): :beerock: :appl:
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:12 pm

He looks more like an Anthony Carter to me with his movement. Smooth. Again not the same type of speed but frail looking and shorter. I don't see anything close to Harvin. Harvin could put his head down and go through and once through it was over. IMO Harvin was a fun player to watch. Plus you could line him up anywhere just to get the ball in his hands. Games missed was a problem.