Jordan Addison

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

makila
Franchise Player

Re: Jordan Addison

Post by makila »

Can't do what he did. End of story. Easily could have ended tragically for others, or himself.

Don't know the state laws in minny regarding speeding and the tiers of tickets. Many states that would have resulted in going to jail.

Hopefully it's a massive wake up call for him and it doesn't happen again. Someone close needs to have a direct, blunt, conversation.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:11 pm You gotta love the apologists for dumb athletes. I was 21 once and never did anything remotely as stupid. Ironically the same people were probably mad at Kirk for not getting the jab.
Nah not apologists, just a reasonable human being. Are all you guys born saints? Never made a bad decision in your late teens or early 20s? I find that very hard to believe. 9/10 people admit to speeding while 56% of ppl have admitted to driving while to intoxicated.

I doubt there’s any correlation between this the jab and whatever your trying to get at 🙄
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:45 pm
allday1991 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:51 pm I agree with you all, on the flip side could you picture yourself at 21-22 with a million dollar contract and lambo? I didn’t make the best decisions at that age. I hope someone close takes him in and explains to him I know it’s not fair but as a young adult at 21 years old you’re GOING to have to act above your age in years and make the mature decisions, mistakes are pair for the course but it’s how you respond after a mistake. You have a huge opportunity in front of you and it’s on you to make something of it. Let’s hope this young man learns his lesson and improves himself.
I never made a decision like that. If I had big bucks and wanted to drive fast I would have booked some time at a race track.
As a father I’d tell my 21 year old son as a new driver I don’t think it’s a good idea to take a 600 hp car as a new driver to the track, just cause your on a track doesn’t make you superhuman, also voids your insurance on the car and yourself! Better than testing in the streets but still not a great idea imo.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:11 pm You gotta love the apologists for dumb athletes. I was 21 once and never did anything remotely as stupid. Ironically the same people were probably mad at Kirk for not getting the jab.
Agree completely. Esp Vikings fans, with all the stupid things Vikings players have done. Its too bad money lets you get away with anything.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

allday1991 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:18 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:45 pm
I never made a decision like that. If I had big bucks and wanted to drive fast I would have booked some time at a race track.
As a father I’d tell my 21 year old son as a new driver I don’t think it’s a good idea to take a 600 hp car as a new driver to the track, just cause your on a track doesn’t make you superhuman, also voids your insurance on the car and yourself! Better than testing in the streets but still not a great idea imo.
There is places like in Vegas(Here in Utah as well) and a few others you can drive their lambo/ferrari/etc. on the track. You wouldn't be voiding anything and have the opportunity to learn how to drive supercars. You pay and can both ride along and drive these cars in a safe and learning environment.
kidfozzy.
Starter

Post by kidfozzy. »

Ben Leber should be in grounds for termination regarding his latest tweet about Addison.
Absolutely disgusting.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

kidfozzy. wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:37 am Ben Leber should be in grounds for termination regarding his latest tweet about Addison.
Absolutely disgusting.
What tweet? The one about how dangerous it was?
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

allday1991 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:09 am
Nah not apologists, just a reasonable human being. Are all you guys born saints? Never made a bad decision in your late teens or early 20s? I find that very hard to believe. 9/10 people admit to speeding while 56% of ppl have admitted to driving while to intoxicated.

I doubt there’s any correlation between this the jab and whatever your trying to get at 🙄
There are bad decisions and then there is what Addison did. I think most know the difference. Also if you can't see the correlation between actually putting lives at risk and what I'm "getting at" after all this time then I'm not getting a community strike to explain it.
Last edited by Maelstrom88 on Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Cliff wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:38 pm

He's a shill. Of course he apologizes for it. Had his wife or daughter been in a collision with him it would be a different story. 140 mph isn't letting loose.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Not excusing what he did but it is possible he was alone on the road at 3 AM when he decided to see what the car could do. It's also possible there was a cop there who saw him do it and pulled him over, but if he had posed a risk to others I'm sure the cop would have arrested him and impounded the car.

For those of you who want the book thrown at him, what do you think the Vikings should do? I'm sure his contract has a conduct clause, so he's going to be held accountable at some level both within the legal system in Minnesota and by the team and probably by the league as well. I'm sure his insurance will go up on the car as well, and that is probably not a cheap car to insure even with a perfect record. He's not getting off free and clear.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

VikingLord wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:16 pm Not excusing what he did but it is possible he was alone on the road at 3 AM when he decided to see what the car could do. It's also possible there was a cop there who saw him do it and pulled him over, but if he had posed a risk to others I'm sure the cop would have arrested him and impounded the car.

For those of you who want the book thrown at him, what do you think the Vikings should do? I'm sure his contract has a conduct clause, so he's going to be held accountable at some level both within the legal system in Minnesota and by the team and probably by the league as well. I'm sure his insurance will go up on the car as well, and that is probably not a cheap car to insure even with a perfect record. He's not getting off free and clear.
I think he should go to jail for some time, and then have the NFL deal with him. Im so tired of fans thinking anything a player does should be excused. He akready going to have the money and lawer to get him out of anything. Im just sick of NFL players attitude.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I think having a street legal car that can go 140mph is stupid in the first place. If the highest speed limit in the country is 85 then a car doesn't need to be able to go any faster than 90 if it's only purpose is to be on regular roads. Anything else is an excuse for stupid to be stupid.
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

People do stupid #### all the time. Professional athletes or otherwise. Only difference is pro athletes are always under a microscope. I'm willing to bet Addison will not "get away with it."
Leber is an idiot.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

allday1991 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:09 am

I've driven 110 a time or 2. Stupid and appalling. Just because I've done that doesn't make me unqualified to judge others for doing it. 140 is a whole different realm. Insanity.