Jordan Addison

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Fat Stupid Loser
Starter

Re: Jordan Addison

Post by Fat Stupid Loser »

makila wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:48 pm . They thought Adam Theilen could be that guy last season, but he’s on the wrong side of 30 and ranked 151st out of 159 qualified receivers in separation, which is a score Telemetry Sports derives from microchip data from Next Gen Stats. T
It was obvious Adam dropped off huge last season. Hardly ever saw him open, but that stat is sobering.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Was listening to one of the Purple Daily podcast, and they were talking about Addison and his upside.
He was an option QB and CB in HS. Went to Pitt because he wanted to be a WR. 1st year as a true freshman, not only does he compete, but has a very good season.... 1st ever as a WR. 2nd season ever as a FT WR, he wins the Biletnikoff trophy as nations best WR. 3rd season he is at USC and goes #23 to the Vikings. He has definitely not hit his ceiling and is still learning.
Pretty excited for his future here with JJ
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

ESPN
Vikings rookie Jordan Addison cited for going 140 in 55 mph zone - ESPN
23 mins ago
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:13 pm ESPN
23 mins ago
Ugh not the best look, I’d say he has two “minor” strikes against him. From draft day “let’s get paid” to getting caught in his lambo doing 140 mph. He’s got some maturing to do
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

allday1991 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:23 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:13 pm ESPN
23 mins ago
Ugh not the best look, I’d say he has two “minor” strikes against him. From draft day “let’s get paid” to getting caught in his lambo doing 140 mph. He’s got some maturing to do
Better do it fast or he could be the next Henry Ruggs.
mael·strom

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:33 pm
allday1991 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:23 pm

3AM, but so far I haven't heard anything about alcohol being involved. It could still be coming.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:40 pm

3AM, but so far I haven't heard anything about alcohol being involved. It could still be coming.
If I owned the team the Genius better have an explanation about the flaw in his analytical draft process. I'd tell him to throw it away or your gone. Young and dumb don't fit this. He needs to go on IR and get some help now.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

He wasn't arrested so I doubt there was alcohol involved, but still not a good situation to put himself in.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingLord wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:10 pm

He wasn't arrested so I doubt there was alcohol involved, but still not a good situation to put himself in.
He should have been arrested. 85 MPH over the limit should at a minimum involve being brought to jail and having to make bail.
cogitator
Veteran

Post by cogitator »

VikingLord wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:10 pm

Plenty of stupidity involved. Not a good start. Hope the Vikings read him the riot act.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

I agree with you all, on the flip side could you picture yourself at 21-22 with a million dollar contract and lambo? I didn’t make the best decisions at that age. I hope someone close takes him in and explains to him I know it’s not fair but as a young adult at 21 years old you’re GOING to have to act above your age in years and make the mature decisions, mistakes are pair for the course but it’s how you respond after a mistake. You have a huge opportunity in front of you and it’s on you to make something of it. Let’s hope this young man learns his lesson and improves himself.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

allday1991 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:51 pm I agree with you all, on the flip side could you picture yourself at 21-22 with a million dollar contract and lambo? I didn’t make the best decisions at that age. I hope someone close takes him in and explains to him I know it’s not fair but as a young adult at 21 years old you’re GOING to have to act above your age in years and make the mature decisions, mistakes are pair for the course but it’s how you respond after a mistake. You have a huge opportunity in front of you and it’s on you to make something of it. Let’s hope this young man learns his lesson and improves himself.
I never made a decision like that. If I had big bucks and wanted to drive fast I would have booked some time at a race track.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:45 pm
allday1991 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:51 pm I agree with you all, on the flip side could you picture yourself at 21-22 with a million dollar contract and lambo? I didn’t make the best decisions at that age. I hope someone close takes him in and explains to him I know it’s not fair but as a young adult at 21 years old you’re GOING to have to act above your age in years and make the mature decisions, mistakes are pair for the course but it’s how you respond after a mistake. You have a huge opportunity in front of you and it’s on you to make something of it. Let’s hope this young man learns his lesson and improves himself.
I never made a decision like that. If I had big bucks and wanted to drive fast I would have booked some time at a race track.
Once this guy talked about getting paid right off the bat that made my stomach turn. Going 85 in a 55 is dumb. 85 over is brain dead. Tell him to get rid of the race car and get the weakest car made or you will be cut.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

This turd got caught going 140 MPH. Showing off his car. I hope its a felony and he ends up in jail.
Last edited by JJBreaksRecords on Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

You gotta love the apologists for dumb athletes. I was 21 once and never did anything remotely as stupid. Ironically the same people were probably mad at Kirk for not getting the jab.
mael·strom