Bud Grant passes away

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Bud Grant passes away

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

From the Vikings:
We are absolutely heartbroken to announce legendary Minnesota Vikings head coach and Hall of Famer Bud Grant has passed away this morning at age 95.

We, like all Vikings and NFL fans, are shocked and saddened by this terrible news.
I’m heartbroken, too. He was the greatest coach we ever had, and a man I admired so much.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Bud Grant passes away

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Great coach and an even better man. A Legend. He is already missed.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

Bud is the face of the franchise he was a very good coach " until the SB " RIP Bud
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
Barry
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Barry »

Bud will always be The Man! :bowdown: :v): :(
Fan of:
Hanahan Hawks
South Carolina Gamecocks
Minnesota Vikings
Charleston Battery
FC Bayern München
USMNT & Die Nationalmannschaft
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Wow what a shocker. RIP Bud you will definitely be missed.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:27 pm From the Vikings:
We are absolutely heartbroken to announce legendary Minnesota Vikings head coach and Hall of Famer Bud Grant has passed away this morning at age 95.

We, like all Vikings and NFL fans, are shocked and saddened by this terrible news.
I’m heartbroken, too. He was the greatest coach we ever had, and a man I admired so much.
I like to think Bud is hunting duck with his lab in some very beautiful place now, eternally. Pour one out for an absolute Vikings legend today, boys.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

The face of the franchise. Great run for a great person.
Tark
Starter

Post by Tark »

Texas Vike wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:49 pm

I like to think Bud is hunting duck with his lab in some very beautiful place now, eternally. Pour one out for an absolute Vikings legend today, boys.
Yep, and no heaters on the sideline
cogitator
Veteran

Post by cogitator »

I saw him in person once - he was coming out of a building, I was walking in. Very intense, penetrating look in his eyes, almost scary, that look didn't come through on tv. Definitely had a presence about him even in that minute or so I saw him, I bet he had no trouble getting the players attention and respect. RIP.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Texas Vike wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:49 pm

I feel the same way!
As a fellow hardcore outdoorsman and one of the "old guys Vikes fan.... I salute Bud, the Legend. A true " Man's Man"! So so many great memories of that stoic look and steely eyes standing on the sidelines on a bitter cold Minny Sunday afternoon, looking like he was standing on warm tropical beach. A true Bad ####!!
My buddy and I will be shed antler hunting today. If I find any my first one will be dedicated to Bud. Trust me.. he would truly appreciate it.
Thanks for the great memories Bud.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

If anyone hasn't seen/ heard this yet, it's very much worth your while. Old time MN Sports writer Patrick Reusse (77) recounts some absolutely fantastic anecdotes about Bud Grant and the Vikings of the 70s and 80s. Phil and Mackey do a nice job of just putting a quarter in Reusse and letting him roll. Made me feel like I was at a VFW in rural MN kicking back a Grain Belt and just enjoying some awesome stories about a MN legend.

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

I'll just say what everyone else has been. A Vikings legend and all around great guy.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I respect him a lot and loved his personality. I didn't get to actually watch him coach so he doesn't have the same impact on me that he does on many here, but I wish I had seen it.

I've got the list of Vikings legends to add to the banner but I haven't had time to design them yet. He was already going to take center stage but it's even more appropriate now.