Is Rodgers done in Green Bay?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Is Rodgers done in Green Bay?

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

In news that directly affects the Vikings …
“Pro Football Talk” wrote:Bob McGinn, who has covered the Packers for decades, said in a podcast with Tyler Dunne of GoLongTD.com that the team is ready to move on from Rodgers.

“They are done with Rodgers,” McGinn said, citing his own instincts, his knowledge of the league, and “discussions with someone who [has] first-hand knowledge” of the Packers. “He’s not coming back. I mean, they’re disgusted with him, and they’re done with him. And they’re moving on.”

McGinn added that he’s “totally convinced” Rodgers won’t be back as the starter.

Boosting the belief that Rodgers will be gone, as McGinn explained it, is that the team fully believes in Jordan Love, and that the team is ready to turn the page after trading up and making Love a first-round pick in 2020.
Read the full article.

We’ve been waiting a long time for this. I hope it works out this way.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Is Rodgers done in Green Bay?

Post by Cliff »

I think it's got more to do with Jordan Love. He's ready to play and is tired of sitting on the bench as a 1st round pick. Honestly I'd rather Rodgers come back, I think. Jordan Love has sat behind him for 2 seasons and already had the athletic ability. He also looked good against the Eagles in the little bit of time he played last season. I think he may be primed to take over and do better than this version of Rodgers can.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

The Packers are 'disgusted' with AR? That's hilarious.

Rodgers will come out of the dark house and sign with.... ? The Jets? The Raiders? Tampa Bay?

I would rather face Jordan Love than Aaaron Rodgers. The '23 season is going to be very interesting in our division. I'm hearing rumors that the Bears may very well trade Fields and select a QB at 1.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

As far as I'm concerned they can weld the doors of his darkness room shut so we never have to see the dickhead again. Sorry, not a fan. :lol:
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Ive had enough of Rogers for a lifetime, I hope he is gone. At least Favre was cool. I just wish we were rid of Cousins, since we aernt going anywhere for the next few years, and a new contract extension would be insane.
MossCarterJefferson
Rookie

Post by MossCarterJefferson »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:30 pm Ive had enough of Rogers for a lifetime, I hope he is gone. At least Favre was cool. I just wish we were rid of Cousins, since we aernt going anywhere for the next few years, and a new contract extension would be insane.
If Vikings keep getting crappy quarterbacks after Cousins is gone, you are going to be wishing that Cousins never left
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:30 pm Ive had enough of Rogers for a lifetime, I hope he is gone. At least Favre was cool. I just wish we were rid of Cousins, since we aernt going anywhere for the next few years, and a new contract extension would be insane.
I see the hope and wish. What's the pray?
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Kirk has a cap hit of 36 million this year. Geno and Carr are going to get new deals. Kirk is better than both. Let's see how close they get to matching Kirk in salary on the open market. If it's not a 10 million plus dollar difference then I think Kirk is a bargain.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

MossCarterJefferson wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:52 am
If Vikings keep getting crappy quarterbacks after Cousins is gone, you are going to be wishing that Cousins never left
What's the difference?
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Still really hoping Love doesn't pan out for the Packers. It would be a hard pill to swallow if he goes on to be close to as good as Rodgers for the next 10 seasons since the Vikings passed on him to trade down and draft Jeff Gladney.

Rodgers is probably not going anywhere, but wouldn't it be funny if he was traded to the Jets, failed there and then the Vikings ended up with him somehow?
MossCarterJefferson
Rookie

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:52 am
MossCarterJefferson wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:52 am

What's the difference?
The difference is that Cousins is not crappy, do you think Cousins is Christian Ponder?
MossCarterJefferson
Rookie

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:55 am Still really hoping Love doesn't pan out for the Packers. It would be a hard pill to swallow if he goes on to be close to as good as Rodgers for the next 10 seasons since the Vikings passed on him to trade down and draft Jeff Gladney.

Rodgers is probably not going anywhere, but wouldn't it be funny if he was traded to the Jets, failed there and then the Vikings ended up with him somehow?
No it would not be funny and no Viking fan would want Rodgers unless you do, Rodgers is a jerk unlike Favre
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:55 am Rodgers is probably not going anywhere, but wouldn't it be funny if he was traded to the Jets, failed there and then the Vikings ended up with him somehow?
:ripple: :ripple: :ripple:

Have to start drinking heavily if that ever happened. That has zero to do with the fact he is a Packer.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

MossCarterJefferson wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:48 am
StumpHunter wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:52 am

What's the difference?
The difference is that Cousins is not crappy, do you think Cousins is Christian Ponder?
No, but I think the results of having him as our QB have been very similar to those with Christian Ponder. 1 extra playoff win in 5 season over the worst case scenario. What happens if we end up with the best case or even a pretty good one?
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

MossCarterJefferson wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:49 am
StumpHunter wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:55 am Still really hoping Love doesn't pan out for the Packers. It would be a hard pill to swallow if he goes on to be close to as good as Rodgers for the next 10 seasons since the Vikings passed on him to trade down and draft Jeff Gladney.

No it would not be funny and no Viking fan would want Rodgers unless you do, Rodgers is a jerk unlike Favre
It isn't like he is an indicted child rapist or anything. I will take a jerk as a QB if it means competing for a SB.