PHP's Official Vikings Mock Offseason

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: PHP's Official Vikings Mock Offseason

Post by CharVike »

Tomlinson to the Browns
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I see many fans on Twitter doing a lot of freaking out given who is now gone from our 2022 roster.

However, the more I look at it....

Thielen- wasnt a big reason why we were 13-4. He fell off a cliff pretty quickly. Was surpassed by KJ and Hock.

Kendricks- another guy that wasnt a big reason why we were 13-4. Hicks actually graded quite a bit better than Kendricks according to PFF. I think Hicks was like 36/93 LBs where Kendricks was like 53/93. I'm not a huge Hicks fan but last year we had Kendricks as the "speedy/coverage" LB and Hicks as the slower run stuffing LB. Kendricks is no longer that speedy/coverage LB. That's Asamoah now so it makes sense we replace Kendricks with Asamoah. Hicks was pretty solid against the run

Dantzler- I always liked him but he had trouble staying on the field and I'm also starting to think there was something else going on with him. With what happened with him and Zimmer plus him missing games this year for personal reasons, makes me wonder. But in the end, he didnt contribute much to our 13-4 season

Peterson- played better than I ever expected this year but I've been saying for a while with him.... was he a "product" of Donatell's system? A system that sat in a shell coverage, 8 yards off WRs and allowed him to read and react? I'm not sure he was a fit with Flores. Someone that blitzes a lot and requires a lot of man coverage.

Tomlinson- I think this one hurts. However, we werent going to pay him what Cleveland did. I honestly think the Browns overpaid. He was also 29 and not sure how much he fit the window we were looking at.

Zadarius- with probably be gone soon however, we already got his replacement in Davenport who has a much higher ceiling given he's only 25.

....In the end, a lot of big names. However, those big names aren't 25 years old anymore. I think this is stinging a lot more with fans because of the names, not necessarily the play. One thing we lose a lot of is veteran leadership. But to be honest, right now I'll take getting younger over veteran leadership. We'll still have a lot of that on this team. But KAM and KOC are clearly looking to 2024 and ripping the aging vet/bloated contract band aid off. We have an exceptional amount of cap space going into 2024 and this allows KAM and KOC to now build the team how they want, not how the Wilfs necessarily wanted year 1.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Tomlinson got paid. Good for him. Like 25m or so guaranteed. Think he would have still been a good fit here. Understand this is his chance to get paid big.

I think all the ones leaving make sense. Especially as an advocate for resetting this core past few seasons.

PP would have been nice on the cheap, as a leader, etc...however I do think last season was a product of the system. It sounds like the team was very upfront with him regarding their direction.

If you remove names, it really isn't that bad imho.

Remember KAMs background...everything is an asset with a value attached to it. Ie a stock in his portfolio, where the roster is his portfolio now.