Dream Offseason Signings and Cuts

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Dream Offseason Signings and Cuts

Post by YikesVikes »

Signings
A'shawn Robinson - 28 (season start) - Rams - Cheap inexpensive signing to be a starter for our defense. Big body athlete with a CHampionship pedigree (college and pros). It would Improve our Run defense tremendously.
Contract 4 years 24 million.

Vonn Bell - 28 - Cinn - It will be hard to pry him away from a team making SuperBowl runs but hopefully money talks. Hard hitter, a vocal leader. Well suited for an aggressive defensive front. Not perfect in coverage but efficient in playing at the LOS and Deep.
3 year 38 million

Poona Ford - 27 - Seattle - I'm a fanboy. I admit it. He single-handedly beat us about 3 years ago. I have fawned over him ever since. Heavy-handed and explosive with his first step. Short and bowling ball build with the ability to get low and underpads.
Contact - 3 years 18 Million

Kwon Alexander - 28 - Jets - Injury has robbed him of some speed but he still possesses NFL-level speed with above-average instincts. Will come cheaply but will fill a spot while his replacement is groomed.
2 years - 8 million

4+6+12+6 -28 Million signings.

CUTS
Adam Theillan - 13 million Post June 1st cut. Saves 13 million
Kendricks - Saves 7.5 million
Greg Joesph - 2.5 million
Ryan Connely - 1 million
Ham - 2 million
Harrison Smith - 5.8 million

CAPSPACE
Approx 42 million in Cap Room. - 28 million in moves so far. Leaves 14 million (7 for rookies) and 7 to fill out the roster with 1 year deals. Also, Brian Oniel could get a restructure to clear up more cap room.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Dream Offseason Signings and Cuts

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I think Hicks is an easy cut to save another $5 million. Also guys like Chris Reed saves a couple million as well as Ross Blacklock.

A couple of my dream signings:

DT- DaRon Payne- we need some sort of pass rush in the middle and Payne had 11+ sacks as a DT this year

CB- Sean Murphy Bunting- He plays the slot and has played well there but kind of disappeared out of Tampa’s lineup as of late. I think this is a good 1 year low risk high reward signing.

EDGE- Arden Key- one guy I’ve been a fanboy of forever. He was a guy I pushed for back in 2018 in a lot of draft conversations and my mock offseason. He reminds me of a poor man’s Danielle hunter. Went to LSU as well. Long, fast, high motor. He’s never been a starter but similar to Danielle, started his career as a backup and is always putting up high pressure numbers. I think he can be a starter no problem and could start opposite of Danielle if we cut Zadarius. Even if we don’t, he’s a guy we can have out there in a consistent basis. This dude had 9 pressures on 20 pass rushing snaps this year for Jacksonville in one game. 45% pressure rate which was the highest of any player since 2016. For the 49ers last year he had 7 pressures on 17 pass rushes in one game. This just proves to me this guy can be a high snap player or even starter. He’s still #1 and #3 for LSU in pressures in a season since 2014. 57 in 2015 and 54 in 2016. Best part about all of this is he played for Jacksonville this year on a 1 year $4 million contract. I think he’s the best bang for your buck free agent on the market (if Jacksonville doesn’t retain him).

As you know, I’m also a huge supporter of trading for a legit #2 WR. Best #2 in free agency is probably DJ Chark and he doesn’t light the world on fire for me. I think Jerry Jeudy is someone we need to target. Because we need to free up JJ asap and with what we’re going to have on the roster, that’s not going to happen now that teams have the tape on how to shut him down.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

I like the signings. I left Payne off as I felt we would be bargain basement shopping to support a JJ extension. Honestly, it's taboo but I would trade JJ for 2 firsts. I just don't believe in paying a WR that kind of money. Payne is probably going to get 14 million. I rather have 2 Payne level players than JJ. A team can get buy on 4 above average WRs. We just lost to one with 1 average WR.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

YikesVikes wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:36 pm I like the signings. I left Payne off as I felt we would be bargain basement shopping to support a JJ extension. Honestly, it's taboo but I would trade JJ for 2 firsts. I just don't believe in paying a WR that kind of money. Payne is probably going to get 14 million. I rather have 2 Payne level players than JJ. A team can get buy on 4 above average WRs. We just lost to one with 1 average WR.
I dont want to trade JJ by any means, but I also understand what you're saying. He is a generational talent but if we're going to keep him, I feel like we have to get him some legitimate help. And if they give him a mega contract, I would have to imagine either this year or next is the last year of Cousins. We're going to need a rookie scale QB contract sooner than later.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

YikesVikes wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:36 pm I like the signings. I left Payne off as I felt we would be bargain basement shopping to support a JJ extension. Honestly, it's taboo but I would trade JJ for 2 firsts. I just don't believe in paying a WR that kind of money. Payne is probably going to get 14 million. I rather have 2 Payne level players than JJ. A team can get buy on 4 above average WRs. We just lost to one with 1 average WR.
If you're talking about the Giant game and 1 avg WR sure against our D. They couldn't score against the Eagles. That's the problem with nothing at WR. JJ has become the face of the franchise. I don't see them not signing him. Once they unload these stupid contracts there will be more than enough. Why is Wash unloading Payne? They have the money. DT like that don't come around often. Is he a locker room issue? Somethings up.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

CharVike wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:16 pm
If you're talking about the Giant game and 1 avg WR sure against our D. They couldn't score against the Eagles. That's the problem with nothing at WR. JJ has become the face of the franchise. I don't see them not signing him. Once they unload these stupid contracts there will be more than enough. Why is Wash unloading Payne? They have the money. DT like that don't come around often. Is he a locker room issue? Somethings up.
Nothing is up. Good players hit free agency. It just happens. And lets be honest, Washington is the biggest laughing stock franchise in the NFL so does this surprise you?
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:05 pm
CharVike wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:16 pm
Nothing is up. Good players hit free agency. It just happens. And lets be honest, Washington is the biggest laughing stock franchise in the NFL so does this surprise you?
Good players do hit FA. Then your in a bidding war and will need to overpay. Washington is a laughing stock. Payne is a great DT no doubt. I'm not sure if he's a 3-4 DT or how he fits. I think Wash runs a 4-3.