PHP's Mini Mock Offseason

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: PHP's Mini Mock Offseason

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:55 pm For both Thielen and Cook the Vikings would need to eat some of their salary to trade them, which would outweigh the benefits of picking up a late round pick.

There is also the possibility that the two agree to a restructure prior to a trade, but there is very little incentive for them to do that. They would probably just prefer to hit the open market and see what they can get.
Even Cousins could leave if he thought a rebuild was coming. Im not saying that should happen, but if Cousins requested a trade, that would work well for the Vikings. Same with Cook and AT. Depends how much a team wants them. If that dont work, cut em. We had better not overpay the next RB they get. Mattison and Ty are fine for the next year, but we will have to draft another RB.

Why cant the Vikings be like the Eagles. I HATE that team with a passion, yet all they do is go to SB's and the Vikings are one and done, for the most part. Thats if the make the playoffs. Im telling you, the Wilfs are the problem. They got their stadium, they are making tons of cash, and they want to be in the front office with the professionals. I hate owners that interfere with the hiring, firings, etc.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: PHP's Mini Mock Offseason

Post by CharVike »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:32 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:55 pm For both Thielen and Cook the Vikings would need to eat some of their salary to trade them, which would outweigh the benefits of picking up a late round pick.

There is also the possibility that the two agree to a restructure prior to a trade, but there is very little incentive for them to do that. They would probably just prefer to hit the open market and see what they can get.
Even Cousins could leave if he thought a rebuild was coming. Im not saying that should happen, but if Cousins requested a trade, that would work well for the Vikings. Same with Cook and AT. Depends how much a team wants them. If that dont work, cut em. We had better not overpay the next RB they get. Mattison and Ty are fine for the next year, but we will have to draft another RB.

Why cant the Vikings be like the Eagles. I HATE that team with a passion, yet all they do is go to SB's and the Vikings are one and done, for the most part. Thats if the make the playoffs. Im telling you, the Wilfs are the problem. They got their stadium, they are making tons of cash, and they want to be in the front office with the professionals. I hate owners that interfere with the hiring, firings, etc.
You actually think the Wilf's are that dumb to lose every nickle they have on a sports team? They are competitive people and would like to win. If they didn't they wouldn't be rich as hell. We have never won a Super Bowl. I guess every owner didn't want to win. Max Winter the original owner was cheap as hell. Played in some stupid baseball stadium. Wouldn't pay Kapp so we had zero at QB and one of the all time great defenses in 1970 and dumped in the playoffs. Jerry Jones interfered and hired Johnson and ripped that team apart and boom Super Bowl wins. If the Wilf's didn't care they would tell the GM and cap guy only spend the minimum of cap we want the rest in our pocket. We spend beyond the cap and spread it out. Joe Gibbs who I think was one of the greatest HC was hired by owner Cook along with GM Beathard for the Redskin job after a meeting. As Bud Grant said it's entertainment. No more than that. If I owned the team I would want some input into the GM and HC hiring. No different than for any other business I own.