2023 Post Season - Divisional Round - Results

Our annual Pick4 football contest held each year for bragging rights. All are welcome to play!

Moderator: Moderators

Barry
All Pro Elite Player

2023 Post Season - Divisional Round - Results

Post by Barry »

https://www.sportsline.com/nfl/odds/
Jacksonville +8.5 at Kansas City -8.5
NY Giants +7.5 at Philadelphia -7.5
Cincinnati +5 at Buffalo -5
Dallas +3.5 at San Francisco -3.5
Last edited by Barry on Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of:
Hanahan Hawks
South Carolina Gamecocks
Minnesota Vikings
Charleston Battery
FC Bayern München
USMNT & Die Nationalmannschaft
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: 2023 Post Season - Divisional Round

Post by VikingLord »

Jacksonville +8.5
Philadelphia -7.5
Cincinnati +5
Dallas +3.5
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

KC -8.5
Philadelphia -7.5
Cincinnati +5
SF -3.5
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Barry wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:13 pm https://www.sportsline.com/nfl/odds/
Jacksonville +8.5 at Kansas City -8.5
NY Giants +7.5 at Philadelphia -7.5
Cincinnati +5 at Buffalo -5
Dallas +3.5 at San Francisco -3.5
Kansas City -8.5
NY Giants +7.5
Buffalo -5
San Francisco -3.5
Last edited by Texas Vike on Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barry
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Barry »

Kansas City
NY Giants
Buffalo
San Francisco
Fan of:
Hanahan Hawks
South Carolina Gamecocks
Minnesota Vikings
Charleston Battery
FC Bayern München
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Jags
Giants
Bengals
49ers
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Uff, I'm 0-3 this week. I'm really surprised by how strong the Bengals look (and how mediocre the Bills look). Cincy's D is what surprises me the most.
Barry
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Barry »

Texas Vike wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:58 pm Uff, I'm 0-3 this week. I'm really surprised by how strong the Bengals look (and how mediocre the Bills look). Cincy's D is what surprises me the most.
It was actually fun watching a Defense that works. I also found it interesting how well the Bengals could move the ball with so many backup O linemen.
Fan of:
Hanahan Hawks
South Carolina Gamecocks
Minnesota Vikings
Charleston Battery
FC Bayern München
Barry
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Barry »

playoff 2.jpg
playoff 2.jpg (20.68 KiB) Viewed 562 times
Fan of:
Hanahan Hawks
South Carolina Gamecocks
Minnesota Vikings
Charleston Battery
FC Bayern München
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Barry wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:38 pm
Texas Vike wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:58 pm Uff, I'm 0-3 this week. I'm really surprised by how strong the Bengals look (and how mediocre the Bills look). Cincy's D is what surprises me the most.
It was actually fun watching a Defense that works. I also found it interesting how well the Bengals could move the ball with so many backup O linemen.
Agreed. If anything stood out to me this weekend in all four games it's that, once again, it all starts in the trenches. We need difference makers at OL and DL. We have bookend offensive tackles. That's a start. Also: the Bengals DC was sending blitzes that confused Allen and frustrated Diggs. 49ers D was similarly a combo of braun and brains. I want that!
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Texas Vike wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:36 am
Barry wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:38 pm
Agreed. If anything stood out to me this weekend in all four games it's that, once again, it all starts in the trenches. We need difference makers at OL and DL. We have bookend offensive tackles. That's a start. Also: the Bengals DC was sending blitzes that confused Allen and frustrated Diggs. 49ers D was similarly a combo of braun and brains. I want that!
What stood out to me was why couldn't Prescott have played like that when he played against the Vikings earlier in the season? He looked indecisive, ill-prepared and inaccurate most of the game. And once again, nobody has figured out Brock Purdy and his timed short throws apparently. Maybe the Eagles DC will finally put a stop to those?

I agree that the lines are important, and even moreso when you have a relatively immobile QB. Having an interior OL that can't hold up is a big problem, as is an interior DL that can't do the same. I wonder if KOC and KAM realize this now, and if they do, what they will do about it this offseason.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:30 am
Texas Vike wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:36 am

What stood out to me was why couldn't Prescott have played like that when he played against the Vikings earlier in the season? He looked indecisive, ill-prepared and inaccurate most of the game. And once again, nobody has figured out Brock Purdy and his timed short throws apparently. Maybe the Eagles DC will finally put a stop to those?

I agree that the lines are important, and even moreso when you have a relatively immobile QB. Having an interior OL that can't hold up is a big problem, as is an interior DL that can't do the same. I wonder if KOC and KAM realize this now, and if they do, what they will do about it this offseason.
I tend to think that Prescott is the kind of QB that looks good against bad D's and we're the experts on that. Danny Dimes looked AMAZING against us, but very pedestrian against the Eagles. The 49ers have the kind of D that make an OK QB look bad.