PFF's 2022 NFL All-Rookie Team

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: PFF's 2022 NFL All-Rookie Team

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

IIsweet wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:19 am I like Cine. He has the game to be a very good starting safety, imo. Unfortunately, people are hating on the pick because Hamilton played well, and Cine wasn't getting the necessary reps.
Let's look at something. The Vikings hired Donatell on February 10th. I guarantee that Harrison, Bynum, Metellus and co. all had a playbook for the Safety position in a new 3-4 look. Cine was not drafted until the end of April. He was months behind getting a playbook for a system he had never played. For example, Hamilton went right into the same system he played in at Notre Dame.
Reason I say this, is that I do not feel that the criticism is warranted for Cine and the other draft picks. It is difficult for Rookies to make an impact unless they get into the same systems. They are still going against professional athletes.
I was all for taking DT Jordan Davis WR Jameson Williams or S Kyle Hamilton. We traded down and really it does make sense in that we have aging veterans with huge contracts to replace. Cine to replace Harrison, Booth to replace PP, Asamoah to replace EK, Ingram stepped in and started for us, Evans started and flashed, and the others all show signs that they can become valuable players. I am all for getting that Stud every year, but we have to rebuild this roster. I thought that they did a good job. I didn't like the draft day trade, but I understood it.
I think that another thing that can be seen, and maybe it is KAM's philosophy, but we drafted in rds 5-7, RB, OT, WR, TE. I feel that you will always find value there with those positions. Not a LT, but you can find a backup RT who may develop.
My opinion, they did a very good job and I foresee 6 regular starters in that group (Cine, Booth, Ingram, Asamoah, Evans, Chandler). If that is the case, that's a helluva draft class.
Whats there to like about Cine? He wasnt even good enough to start, probably because he didnt know the plays.Now hes coming off a compound fracture, and no one knows how that will work for him after surgery. I sure hope hes as good as KAM thought he was, we need a play maker at safety. Cam is a bust to me, nothing but a depth player. And I wanted Hamilton SO bad, I despised the pick. Still do, along with the rest of the draft. But I sure hope Evans, Asamouh, Cine can play next year. I didnt think Booth nor Evans did well at all while they were in. If it takes more than a year for them to figure things out, on a D full of sh!t players, we are in trouble. I sure hope we dont trade JJ. That would be an act of desperation.