Suckage

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Suckage

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:17 pm
CharVike wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:14 pm
We weren't No 1. It guarantees nothing but HFA. The Eagles are stumbling and face it you should be able to beat that Saint squad at home. We beat them on a natural field. So if we cream the Bears would that be coming on strong? We are what we are at this point. Hopefully O'Neil is ok and we get closer to healthy than we have been all year. That's key. When we get beat there's no doubt about it.
Exactly. Two number 4 seeds played each other in the SB last year. Nothing is guaranteed
We are in the tournament and that's a good season no matter how it's sliced. We didn't back in we won the dam division over the Packers. We could get beat round 1. Every team is very close. We also could win. Last time we made the champ game it took a miracle to win a home playoff game. I'll take that now.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

quiznut1 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:25 pm I've said it for a while, and nothing changes my mind after today's game.

We will win 1 playoff game if we're fortunate, but 2 consecutive games ain't happening.

There's too many glaring weaknesses / inconsistencies that are obvious to other teams, and they will be exposed come playoff time.
This is what a lot of posters believe but are afraid to say anything. We were lucky for most of the season. We aernt anymore.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

allday1991 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:20 pm Did I really just see a comparison to the 49ers? You can’t have the purple shades on that much. 49ers were on what a 9 game win streak with +148 point differential in the nfl with a 3 string qb and we sit at -19 with our starting qb? You know how ridiculous this sounds, they have one close game every now and then we’ll we always do, sitting here in disbelief that people are even considering us on that level, listen I love the Vikings and want them to win but like the OP said there is a clear reason Vegas has us as huge dogs. Point differential doesn’t lie I don’t care what anyone says, look it up now and you’ll notice good teams are at the top and exactly where we fall in that.
Nobody was comparing the 49ers to us. They have the better overall team than us and that has been the case for sometime now. How many teams have a 3rd QB that can play like that guy? He's better than many starters. How many teams have a D or ST like them? No team. The Bucs could rise to the top. They did it before. Nobody even talks about them.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:45 pm
quiznut1 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:25 pm I've said it for a while, and nothing changes my mind after today's game.

We will win 1 playoff game if we're fortunate, but 2 consecutive games ain't happening.

There's too many glaring weaknesses / inconsistencies that are obvious to other teams, and they will be exposed come playoff time.
This is what a lot of posters believe but are afraid to say anything. We were lucky for most of the season. We aernt anymore.
Here we go with the “lucky” talk :roll:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Everybody knows that we are not at the same level of the 49ers or Eagles or even the Bucs. The 49ers should sweep through this thing. But they still need to play and win the game. Stuff can happen in games we all know that. I don't expect us to march all the way. We are too weak of a defensive team. Even our ST blow. Our O can be shut down by a good D front because we don't have the OL especially with starters knocked out.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

My only real concern on the heels of today's debacle is O'Neil's injury. Without him, our playoff hopes are probably toast. Our OL depth is insufficient to compete in the post season.

My other concern is JJ and how he responded to today's game. Seeing Jaire Alexander griddy in front of him on the first play he defended on him got my blood boiling a bit. I was sure JJ was about to turn it on... but it just never happened. He was slipping all over the field. Kirk didn't seem to be even looking for him. On other plays he got jammed at the line and couldn't get off the line clean. Goofy game for him.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Texas Vike wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:42 pm My only real concern on the heels of today's debacle is O'Neil's injury. Without him, our playoff hopes are probably toast. Our OL depth is insufficient to compete in the post season.

My other concern is JJ and how he responded to today's game. Seeing Jaire Alexander griddy in front of him on the first play he defended on him got my blood boiling a bit. I was sure JJ was about to turn it on... but it just never happened. He was slipping all over the field. Kirk didn't seem to be even looking for him. On other plays he got jammed at the line and couldn't get off the line clean. Goofy game for him.
From KOC press conference O'Neil will get an MRI. KOC also talked about the footing and guys needed to switch cleats. JJ talked about the coverage and he felt he was getting open but the ball never came but he needed to see the tape for the why. KOC also talked about using a 3rd string center which kind of got them out of sync. Looks like our backup is done for the year but I think Bradbury will be back shortly. JJ said Alexander is always talking. KOC seemed really pissed about that KO return and only getting 3 after the blocked punt.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

CharVike wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:04 pm

Everybody knows that we are not at the same level of the 49ers or Eagles or even the Bucs. The 49ers should sweep through this thing. But they still need to play and win the game. Stuff can happen in games we all know that. I don't expect us to march all the way. We are too weak of a defensive team. Even our ST blow. Our O can be shut down by a good D front because we don't have the OL especially with starters knocked out.
The Bucs? Gotta disagree here. Not sure how much you’ve watched them as of late but they are not a good football team in any facet. They’ve done everything in their power to lose that division but the teams in it are so pathetic it’s not even funny.

Bad loss or not, this is a better football team than Tampa and it’s not even close
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
quiznut1
Practice Squad

Post by quiznut1 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:19 pm
The Bucs? Gotta disagree here. Not sure how much you’ve watched them as of late but they are not a good football team in any facet. They’ve done everything in their power to lose that division but the teams in it are so pathetic it’s not even funny.

Bad loss or not, this is a better football team than Tampa and it’s not even close
The X factor for Tampa though is two words - Tom Brady.

I've learned never to count him out in the playoffs, regardless of record.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Texas Vike wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:42 pm My only real concern on the heels of today's debacle is O'Neil's injury. Without him, our playoff hopes are probably toast. Our OL depth is insufficient to compete in the post season.

Goofy game for the entire team if you ask me. They were all slipping and sliding all game. Hockenson spent most of the first few drives either falling down or dropping passes, but he was far from alone. The entire team seemed woefully unprepared for the game to be honest. Not sure how that can be explained but it is what is it.

Speaking of things that are what they are, the Vikings losses this year have been pretty brutal, and some of the wins have been as well like having to come back from a record deficit against the Colts at home and constantly having to buckle down and deliver in the 4th and OT to scrape out wins. As much as the Vikings have earned their 12 wins and fought to get into the playoffs and the reputation that comes along with the way they've won, they've equally earned the skepticism and criticism with the way they've lost.

Don't get me wrong - I've enjoyed this season and still want to believe this team will find a way, but after watching the loss today I'm far less sold on this team being truly special.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:19 pm

That's fair and I could be wrong. They haven't had the great season but they did enough and now it's win or go home. They been through it before. I also forgot the Cowboys but their D seems to be falling.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

We have weak front lines on both sides of the ball, and thats our starters. Once you get any injuries on the lines, it becomes a real debacle. You cant go a whole season and NOT have injuries on the front lines. So, it is inevitable that this team, as it is currently built, will fail by the post season and get exposed by teams with good front lines. There is just no way around it. Its been an issue for 2 decades now. No front lines, no titles....period.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

CharVike wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:54 pm

From KOC press conference O'Neil will get an MRI. KOC also talked about the footing and guys needed to switch cleats. JJ talked about the coverage and he felt he was getting open but the ball never came but he needed to see the tape for the why. KOC also talked about using a 3rd string center which kind of got them out of sync. Looks like our backup is done for the year but I think Bradbury will be back shortly. JJ said Alexander is always talking. KOC seemed really pissed about that KO return and only getting 3 after the blocked punt.
It was a brutal sequence.

The Vikings block a punt and get the ball at the Green Bay 1, and they only get 3? That’s a huge win for Green Bay.

Then the Vikings give up a touchdown on the ensuing kickoff.

I don’t blame KOC for being pissed.

The injuries to O’Neill and Schlottman were pretty devastating. The Vikings never looked in sync. It seemed like they were threatening a delay penalty or a false start on virtually every play.

Field conditions were horrible. That’s not an excuse … Green Bay had to play in them, too. But they’re accustomed to it, so it was definitely an advantage for them. It almost seemed like JJ was hard-headed about it. Nantz and Romo talked about how the coaching staff encouraged players to change cleats based on field conditions. JJ didn’t, and he slipped all over the place. When he finally switched, he looked slow.

Speaking of Nantz and Romo, I hate it when those guys call Vikings games. Romo obviously has a bias against them, probably stemming from the Vikings’ blowout over his Cowboys in the 2009 division round. And both of them worship at the altar of Rodgers, which makes me want to hurl. Both times the Vikings got truly humiliated this year, those two were on the call. Not saying they caused those losses … bad football by the Vikings caused that. But it makes an already miserable experience twice as bad.

One thing about the Vikings … despite all four of their losses being drubbings, they still haven’t lost two in a row. They and the Chiefs are the only teams in the NFL that can make that claim. Hopefully they get back on track next week against a truly bad Bears team.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Still have no consistency kicking. Missed fgs set a tone.
Oline, due to injuries especially, is horrible. We really needed to simplify yesterday and didn't.
Hockenson drops... hrm. We have to have a second receiving option and figure this out.
Donatell needs to be out the door. Defense was a mess, again. 10? 12? Whatever.

We weren't prepared for this game. Falls at the coaches.
Against Phi, Dal, GB losses: 105-27.
One score games and all, I know. Let's hope the playoff game is only one score.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:49 am
CharVike wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:54 pm
It was a brutal sequence.

The Vikings block a punt and get the ball at the Green Bay 1, and they only get 3? That’s a huge win for Green Bay.

Then the Vikings give up a touchdown on the ensuing kickoff.

I don’t blame KOC for being pissed.

The injuries to O’Neill and Schlottman were pretty devastating. The Vikings never looked in sync. It seemed like they were threatening a delay penalty or a false start on virtually every play.

Field conditions were horrible. That’s not an excuse … Green Bay had to play in them, too. But they’re accustomed to it, so it was definitely an advantage for them. It almost seemed like JJ was hard-headed about it. Nantz and Romo talked about how the coaching staff encouraged players to change cleats based on field conditions. JJ didn’t, and he slipped all over the place. When he finally switched, he looked slow.

Speaking of Nantz and Romo, I hate it when those guys call Vikings games. Romo obviously has a bias against them, probably stemming from the Vikings’ blowout over his Cowboys in the 2009 division round. And both of them worship at the altar of Rodgers, which makes me want to hurl. Both times the Vikings got truly humiliated this year, those two were on the call. Not saying they caused those losses … bad football by the Vikings caused that. But it makes an already miserable experience twice as bad.

One thing about the Vikings … despite all four of their losses being drubbings, they still haven’t lost two in a row. They and the Chiefs are the only teams in the NFL that can make that claim. Hopefully they get back on track next week against a truly bad Bears team.
The Packers had 14 on the board and their O did nothing up to that point. Now the talking heads are saying Rodgers might be MVP. Hello they are 8-8. We split with Rodgers and I will take that any year. Our team looked worn out. We get an off week coming up against the Bears. No key starter should be out there. Any player banged up he should sit. We are No 3 seed and some act like that's the worst thing that could have happened. Yes HFA is great but the Eagles let that stupid Saint team beat them at home. They had alot on the line and couldn't play. They also lost there sack guy. A loss sucks but we still have games in front of us. We need to rest our guys. We have a bye so use it and let guys heal up.