Viking books for the reading members

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Viking books for the reading members

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Just a little different subject thread here.
I am a pretty avid reader. I know a few other members here have posted in the past about enjoying reading also. Kapp , you and had talked by PM when Joe Kapps memoir was published and we both bought it and read it.
I am just about 3/4 of the way through the Scott Studwell "Viking for Life" memoir book right now. It's pretty good so far. Really cool as an old long time fan to read his thoughts about his relationships with Bud and the old time players that I loved as a youngster. Blair, Siemon, Hilgenberg, Browner, Tinglelhoff, the Purple People Eaters, etc etc.
And now I'm into then scouting years of just career. It's funny to read his thought on JJ , how he sees him as a potential superstar... lol... he got that right!!
Anyhow I was wondering about other books that maybe others have read that are good about Vikings players , coaches or anything pertaining to Vikes.
Like I said I have Joe Kapps nook and kow Studwell's. I've seen things about a Bud Grant book but have never been able to find it.
I am old school and not into the Kindles or on line reading. I still like to have a good old fashioned hold it in my hands book.
So if anyone has any suggestions please share them.
SKOL VIKINGS SKOL.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Foreman44
Transition Player

Re: Viking books for the reading members

Post by Foreman44 »

Maybe KINGS OF THE NORTH..by chad Israelson...

Presents a season by season by season summary...includes seasons schedule, starting line ups..statistical leaders,Takes a look at some of the best players.

A gift from my pastor knowing I am a Viking fan.

He also got me a autographed helmet signed, by Marshall, Ellen, Page. Winston
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Did you read Denny Green's book, "No room for Crybabies"? I can barely remember most of it since it's been 25 years, but it wasn't bad
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Bud Grant does have a book. It’s entitled “I Did it My Way.” Unfortunately it’s no longer in print, so if you’re going to read it, you’ll either have to find it used or do the electronic reader thing (it is available for Nook, Kindle, etc.).

Another one that interests me is “ The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly: Minnesota Vikings: Heart-Pounding, Jaw-Dropping, and Gut-Wrenching Moments from Minnesota Vikings History.”

Here are a few more …

Last Kings of the Old NFL: The 1969 Minnesota Vikings

A Tradition of Purple: An Inside Look at the Minnesota Vikings

Kings of the North: Photographs and History of the Minnesota Vikings (more of a coffee table book)

The Rest of the Iceberg by Robert Smith

Viking for Life by Scott Studwell

Tales from the Minnesota Vikings Sideline: A Collection of the Greatest Vikings Stories Ever Told

The Vikings Reader (a yard-by-yard chronicle of fifty years of Vikings football from the perspective of the sportswriters and other commentators who were there as the stories unfolded.)

Guess I’ve got my reading list for awhile!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Glad this thread was posted. I'm not much of a reader unless it's something that really interests me and clearly the Vikings do so I will 100% look into reading some of these.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I would also recommend this book. My mother bought it for me for Christmas. It's like 10+ chapters of multiple choice Vikings trivia. Will definitely put you to the test. I'm onto chapter 3 now.

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Minneso ... NrPXRydWU=
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri