Week 17: Vikings @ Packers predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Week 17: Vikings @ Packers predictions

Post by CharVike »

I think we win here. Looks like it will be a balmy day but I agree with others going to that piece of crap stadium this time of year it can be anything. The Packers are fighting for a wild card spot and the media is chirping about the great win against the fish. Tua turned into a bum the 2nd half and gave the game away. No more or less than that. Like always it will come down to the LOS battle. Hopefully Dumbo puts Hunter down at LDE so he can make some plays and harass Rodgers and moves Tomlinson inside where he'll take the C and a G out of the action. I see 31 - 27.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Re: Week 17: Vikings @ Packers predictions

Post by Foreman44 »

I will be the negative Andy, here, 27-31 Pukers. They are all close. GB and Vikings generally a Battle. If we win or lose it’s a battle. Hard to beat this rivalry. We won at home, we are due to lose one the other way, This being at GB... snow, cold, revenge, the small hope for a playoff spot.

What I hate the most, if GB wins, is they slide into the playoffs. The Irrogance of Rodgers, Relax. He is a PUKER.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Packers win
Vikings lose
VikeFanInEagleLand
Transition Player

Post by VikeFanInEagleLand »

Yes, I know it's a divisional game, and it's the Packers. Yes I know we usually split the season series with them, but I will be mighty upset if the Vikings lose this game. I mean, my goodness, they are OVERDUE to play a complete game and if they do, they will win this game easily. They have an extra day of rest and preparation this week too.I pick Vikings 31-20
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

This is the only team the Vikings beat impressively this year. They handled them week one. The Packers look like they're playing much better as of late. It will probably be a tight game and if we lose the Packers could very well be our opponent in the playoffs. I really hope they knock them out but my gut is telling me Aaron finds a way with some help from the refs.

37-34 Packers
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:39 am This is the only team the Vikings beat impressively this year. They handled them week one. The Packers look like they're playing much better as of late. It will probably be a tight game and if we lose the Packers could very well be our opponent in the playoffs. I really hope they knock them out but my gut is telling me Aaron finds a way with some help from the refs.

37-34 Packers
In this case, looks can be deceiving.

It's true that the Packers have now won 3 games in a row. However, who they've beaten in those games and how they've won them does not convince me the Packers are suddenly a fundamentally improved team or even a team that is improving. The Packers have beaten the Bears, the Rams and the Dolphins. In other words, 2 of the 3 worst teams in the NFL this year. The one good team they faced, the Dolphins, basically gave them the game after Tua started throwing wildly inaccurate passes directly to Packer DBs.

Now I'm not saying the Vikings can afford to discount the Packers, nor do I believe the Packers are incapable of winning the upcoming game, especially given the Vikings' propensity this season to make every game close. But I'm far from convinced the Packers should be favored in this upcoming game, either, especially if the basis for that is their last 3 wins.

I like the Vikings' chances primarily because the Vikings have been in so many close games, do match up very well against the Packers on both sides of the ball, and because the Vikings already proved they can play in hostile outdoor environment when they went to Buffalo and beat the Bills.

Some may think the Packers are more motivated because they are playing for their playoff lives, and they are, but the Vikings have motivation too. First, if Philly loses earlier in the day, the 1 seed in the NFC is still possible. Second, the Vikings would still guarantee themselves at least 2 home games if they win the #2 seed and would not have to travel to somewhere like San Fran in the divisional round of the playoffs. That is worth something and by winning out they guarantee they can finish no worse than the #2 regardless of what happens with Philly.

As it stands, the Vikings are the better team heading into this. Rodgers is a statistically worse QB than Cousins this year. The Vikings have more offensive firepower across-the-board, and defensively these two teams are at best a wash. The Vikings do have a penchant for surrendering more passing yards and big plays in the passing game, but they are also better at creating turnovers and have a knack for stepping up in key moments. Special teams I think goes to the Vikings as well.

Vikings need to win this game every bit as much as the Packers and I doubt KOC would view it any differently. He'll play to win this one.

No score prediction. One of these weeks, though, the Vikings are going to put together a full 4 quarter game in all phases. Here's hoping this Sunday is when we finally see that happen.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

Most irritating would be to see Rodgers gloat if they win and squeak into the playoffs.. RELAX. I hope they take being favorites lightly. But I doubt that happens. Would be sweet to beat GB at home in there elements..

Still think the first game should be in Gb, this one in Minn. same with Chicago game.
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

Man. What a game this will be.
We need to stop the short passing game to RBs. Maybe Asamoah plays a larger role?
Hopefully we get away without Watson playing.
Vikings win 27-20.
Let's end Erin's season.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

I’m as big a Vikings fan as anyone but I’m also skeptical of the NFL and game manipulation. We’ve all seen where when we go to GB the Vikes not only have to beat the Pukers but also the Puker refs.
I forget which game the Vikes played earlier, but it was obvious the refs were not going to call holding. If that’s the case Sunday, we don’t stand a chance. Add to that, the “story” of Rodgers making the playoffs despite the way the season has gone. Too much to overcome with our sorry defensive schemes.
GB 34, Vikes 24
:wallbang: :soap
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

Actually, I’m so convinced we won’t be “allowed” to beat GB this week, I’m putting money on the Pack. Not enough to hurt. Just enough so that if I’m right, I make straight cash. And if I’m wrong I celebrate the win and GB not making the playoffs. SKOL brothers!
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

I will make a few predictions that are sure things.

1. We will get screwed several times by the refs so that the Pukers will be assured a W to keep their playoff hopes alive and continue the Rodgers mystique.

2. Erin will cry, whine, get whatever calls he wants by the refs by throwing up his hands and will be a total dickhead throughout the whole game.

3. It will all piss me off to no end and I will have to try and suppress my anger for the remainder of New Years Day.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Where is the faith my Viking brothers?

This team has overcome the refs time and time again this year, in some cases literally (e.g. the ref running a pick play on Bynum against the Commanders).

This team has overcome impossible odds and situations so many times this year.

The Vikings are a team of destiny. The NFL can't stop them anymore than the Packers can.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

VikingLord wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:52 am Where is the faith my Viking brothers?

This team has overcome the refs time and time again this year, in some cases literally (e.g. the ref running a pick play on Bynum against the Commanders).

The Vikings are a team of destiny. The NFL can't stop them anymore than the Packers can.

My Vikings have impressed the tar out of me....The CARDIAC EXPRESS...
I think the Cardiac Kids was already taken. There heart to come back and fight to over come odds to win,

We find away..

My hope would be for a Vikings and Bills Super Bowl.The only two 0-4 Super Bowl losers facing each other... one would survive, the other 0-5....

But the difference is the odds. Regular season you lose. There is next week. Playoffs it’s over. We over came odds all year. But sooner or later it bites you in the butt. Playoffs will not be against a weak sister, a Chicago, type. It will be the likes of the Eagles, Cowboys who already beat us good, The 49ers or the like.

It will be very tough. But they have surprised us many times, trailing 33-0 wow, 61 yard field goal ..... wow. Hope there are more wows..

Either way I am proud of my Vikings. Go purple
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

Anyone know if Irv Smith will play? Never hurts to have 1 more weapon...
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Foreman44 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:06 am
VikingLord wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:52 am Where is the faith my Viking brothers?

My Vikings have impressed the tar out of me....The CARDIAC EXPRESS...
I think the Cardiac Kids was already taken. There heart to come back and fight to over come odds to win,

We find away..

My hope would be for a Vikings and Bills Super Bowl.The only two 0-4 Super Bowl losers facing each other... one would survive, the other 0-5....

But the difference is the odds. Regular season you lose. There is next week. Playoffs it’s over. We over came odds all year. But sooner or later it bites you in the butt. Playoffs will not be against a weak sister, a Chicago, type. It will be the likes of the Eagles, Cowboys who already beat us good, The 49ers or the like.

It will be very tough. But they have surprised us many times, trailing 33-0 wow, 61 yard field goal ..... wow. Hope there are more wows..

Either way I am proud of my Vikings. Go purple
What I find impressive is that we have over come injuries. We lost our starting LT and C and our team didn't fold. We were using street guys in our secondary. This all starts with our HC. This team don't give up. The Eagles, Cowboys and 49ers all have had bad games this year and some games they were lucky to win. Peg made the 61 yarder. That's no record kick. Our O drove the ball at the end to give him a chance. That's not luck. I also like our OL coach. He turned Bradbury into a player. Ingram is a rookie who has taken his lumps this year but I'm confident the kid will get the best coaching and his play has improved big time. He's a big mean player which helps him. He will get his chance to kick a guys a$$ and has the size to do it. That's refreshing for me. I don't see how any fan can't be happy with the direction we are going.