Winter game planning

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Foreman44
Transition Player

Winter game planning

Post by Foreman44 »

Maybe stupid topic..

The majority of games played Saturday will be cold, nasty weather.

I will use the North division.

Question

Why don’t they schedule or reverse The first game Vikings-and Bears/packers as away games and second game as home games.

Should be the same for Lions with the packers/Bears. Game 1should be in Chicago and GB the second game in Detroit.

I suspect other divisions could have same type scenarios.

To me it’s common sense. It would be more comfortable for the fans and players

Home and away games

Game 1 GB at Minn
1 Bears. At. Minn
1 lions. At. Minn. doesn’t matter indoor
1 Bears. At. GB. Doesn’t matter outdoor stadiums

Maybe stupid post as I don’t recall discussion other than The packers at GB game will be nasty like the ice bowl cowboys and packers for one
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Winter game planning

Post by IIsweet »

Actually not a stupid question. It makes a lot of sense, imo.
Have to ask the fans of those outdoor stadiums though what they prefer, since they are the ones buying tickets and going.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Re: Winter game planning

Post by Foreman44 »

IIsweet wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:59 pm Actually not a stupid question. It makes a lot of sense, imo.
Have to ask the fans of those outdoor stadiums though what they prefer, since they are the ones buying tickets and going.
True.. maybe I am not the cold weather fan. I am not sitting in a frozen stadium, when I can watch it on a large screen elsewhere..

Why put the players and fans in that situation if no need to. Some teams it wouldn’t matter, like GB and Chicago. Cold nasty either one.

I am grilling steaks today. I am not looking forward to it, 22 degrees 5 a.m.