Dish me up a heaping helping of that crow please!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Dish me up a heaping helping of that crow please!

Post by Thaumaturgist »

I have to say it... I was not in support of signing Kirk Cousins this off-season. I thought we'd seen what Kirk had. While he could be brilliant at times, he was also maddeningly inconsistent. There are still some "bad Kirk" moments, but to me it seems that it's a bad play, maybe two, perhaps even a quarter, but he has really shown that it's not going to effect him all game. Did you all hear that he set a record for the most passing yards in the second half/overtime? 417 to be exact... So please pass the crow! It's delicious, and I'd love to have some more!
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Dish me up a heaping helping of that crow please!

Post by CharVike »

There were many discussions about Kirk. I've been a fan since day 1. There are better QBs than him I don't question that. But look at some of the garbage QBs playing. The Saints have a good team with nothing at QB. They thought famous Jamesis was the answer. Kirk also has done it with a garbage OL. Even the Chiefs needed to rebuild their OL because Mahomes wasn't the same playing behind a decent OL. But they rebuilt it. They had no choice because their QB wasn't the same. It's not like us draft a guy and start him even if he sucks like Ingram. He sacked Kirk 3 times by stepping on his foot. He shouldn't be out there. Like all QBs Kirk will have bad games and moments. Mahomes was shut out the 2nd half in the champ game last year and it cost them the game. He is the best. Rodgers couldn't do anything against the 49ers in the playoffs last year and they got beat at home. Rodgers is better than Kirk. Some even suggested we try and get Tyler Huntley to replace him. I thought for what? Our team is more than just Kirk. He has contributed but we find ways to win. The haters say he's a statue. He had a 17 yard TD run against the Cards. That's not a statue.