Mock Draft

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Mock Draft

Post by IIsweet »

I know, I know... let's finish this season and enjoy how it unfolds...
But, I Love the Draft and the Mocks...
So here is my very first mock draft on the PFN Mock Draft Simulator

36. Hendon Hooker QB Tennessee
75. DeMarvion Overshown LB Texas
93. Ricky Stromberg OC Arkansas
183. Zak Zinter OG Michigan
190. Jaylon Jones CB Texas A&M
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Mock Draft

Post by Texas Vike »

IIsweet wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:12 pm I know, I know... let's finish this season and enjoy how it unfolds...

I love Overshown. Kid's a beast. Why are we picking at 36? Hooker would be super interesting.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Texas Vike wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:40 pm
IIsweet wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:12 pm I know, I know... let's finish this season and enjoy how it unfolds...

I love Overshown. Kid's a beast. Why are we picking at 36? Hooker would be super interesting.
I presume he has us making a trade.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

No wide receiver? Theilen is declining and Osborn is meh
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

They have the Vikings picking at #29 when in reality they'll be picking last in the first round ( :v): ), but here was my simulated run:

Traded down to #57 and took Siaki Ika, DT Baylor
At #93 in the 3rd round, took Ricky Stromberg, C Arkansas
Picked up Bengals 2024 2nd rounder, 2024 Bills 3rd rounder, 2024 Steelers 3rd rounder

I made the trades for 2 reasons - first, Vikes are picking near the end of the first regardless at this point, so I felt the value made sense to trade back. I'd have some ammo for next year's draft to make a move up if I liked someone enough in that draft. I also felt the focus should be on the interior of both lines, and getting a massive interior defender like Ika where I did is excellent value. Stromberg is a hidden gem at center this year. I doubt he'll stay under wraps for long, but he adds size at center and has solid skills for the position. He can even add some size and strength.

If I were to hold at #29 I'm probably looking at a CB like Jaylon Jones out of Texas A&M or maybe a center like Steve Avila out of TCU or even a wide receiver there.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Hooker torn ACL out for season.
Will be a 25 year old rookie. No thanks.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Yes I traded down. Got the guy I wanted while picking up a pick.
I really liked my draft. I think Hooker could be amazing in our offense post Kirk !
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

CharVike wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:36 pm

What if Vikings draft Hooker, came back from his ACL, replaced Kirk and lead the Vikings to a Superbowl championship?
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

I seen a couple pick hooker. Like the choice But figuring the odds won’t happen. This is my opinion but I believe realistic. Mock drafts are a joke. At least per any player going to a specific team. They might get a couple right in the first five. How many of the 32 are right. Half dozen.

The part of mock drafts I DO LIKE is it being a tool to get to know talent. I watch Bama games. Gophers. Occasionally big game. I don’t see talent like USCs qb, a Washington player, Syracuse, examples. I see the top QBs, lbs etc.

But who gets who they have no idea.

One. Example of many. How many had Rodgers dropping to Green Bay...

Nothing hurt, enjoy my guess could we. Draft hooker. Possible. Might be gone before, or the Vikings having other thoughts,

I will use it as a tool to study talent
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Foreman44 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:47 pm I seen a couple pick hooker. Like the choice But figuring the odds won’t happen. This is my opinion but I believe realistic. Mock drafts are a joke. At least per any player going to a specific team. They might get a couple right in the first five. How many of the 32 are right. Half dozen.

The part of mock drafts I DO LIKE is it being a tool to get to know talent. I watch Bama games. Gophers. Occasionally big game. I don’t see talent like USCs qb, a Washington player, Syracuse, examples. I see the top QBs, lbs etc.

Nothing hurt, enjoy my guess could we. Draft hooker. Possible. Might be gone before, or the Vikings having other thoughts,

Truthfully, this early in the game, it is all for fun, learning the players, doing additional research, etc. Actually it is only for fun as the Vikings have yet to ask for my opinion. They need to get on the ball. I need Kwesi to give me a holler !!
Thus the reason I absolutely love doing them. I had CB Jaylon Jones with the 190th pick while VikingLord said that in reality if staying at 29, he would definitely consider him there !!!
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

IIsweet wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:36 am
Foreman44 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:47 pm I seen a couple pick hooker. Like the choice But figuring the odds won’t happen. This is my opinion but I believe realistic. Mock drafts are a joke. At least per any player going to a specific team. They might get a couple right in the first five. How many of the 32 are right. Half dozen.

Truthfully, this early in the game, it is all for fun, learning the players, doing additional research, etc. Actually it is only for fun as the Vikings have yet to ask for my opinion. They need to get on the ball. I need Kwesi to give me a holler !!
Thus the reason I absolutely love doing them. I had CB Jaylon Jones with the 190th pick while VikingLord said that in reality if staying at 29, he would definitely consider him there !!!
no problem you enjoy them enjoy. I like them as a tool in judging the talent... Especially talent I don’t see,.. I laugh because in reading it looks like that is who we get. When generally after the top five picks it’s pretty spotty.

Thus early it’s pretty weak. We don’t even know where we will draft. We win the super bowl last. A total spiral more towards the middle. But with 10 wins will not be a very high pick, no matter the outcome.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:58 pm
CharVike wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:36 pm
What if Vikings draft Hooker, came back from his ACL, replaced Kirk and lead the Vikings to a Superbowl championship?
Then he will be one of the greatest 2nd round picks in NFL history. I don't know 6'4" and 218 seems a little lanky to me.
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

IIsweet wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:36 am

It’s way too early to know exactly where we draft and what will happen with high paid aging players. Acquisition of free agents could fill position needs as well. It’s always fun to speculate but everything is going to look different by next April.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

CharVike wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:04 am
VikingsFan84 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:58 pm

Then he will be one of the greatest 2nd round picks in NFL history. I don't know 6'4" and 218 seems a little lanky to me.
Who says he will be a 2nd round pick? Vikings could trade down and draft Hooker in the first round like with Cine
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:14 am
CharVike wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:04 am
Who says he will be a 2nd round pick? Vikings could trade down and draft Hooker in the first round like with Cine
I don't even want to hear trade down again. It's painfully obvious it's not worth the phone call or text. The only thing I want to hear is top 5 for a song. Then we have a real chance at a day 1 stud.