Week 13: Jets @ Vikings predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Week 13: Jets @ Vikings predictions

Post by CharVike »

I think we win this in a close game. The Jets have a very good D and are No 4 in points allowed. They have a middle of the pack O and have a backup QB playing who is coming off a great game against the Bears. But the Bears have a bad D and have basically waived the flag on the season. On our side who knows what Donatell will do. It comes down to getting after the QB which I would do right from the start and rattle this White. Of course we will do the complete opposite and play some type of soft multi front and let this guy stand there and wait for guys to clear or dump off to some back. Darrisaw missed practice so I guess he is out. Be nice to get Cook rolling but our OL is struggling to open any room right now. I see it 20-17 and we sweep the AFC east.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Week 13: Jets @ Vikings predictions

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

CharVike wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:57 am I think we win this in a close game. The Jets have a very good D and are No 4 in points allowed. They have a middle of the pack O and have a backup QB playing who is coming off a great game against the Bears. But the Bears have a bad D and have basically waived the flag on the season. On our side who knows what Donatell will do. It comes down to getting after the QB which I would do right from the start and rattle this White. Of course we will do the complete opposite and play some type of soft multi front and let this guy stand there and wait for guys to clear or dump off to some back. Darrisaw missed practice so I guess he is out. Be nice to get Cook rolling but our OL is struggling to open any room right now. I see it 20-17 and we sweep the AFC east.
I feel like the Vikings are determined to get a 2 possession win soon. I'm going to say it will be this game. I say 24-14 Vikings. But yes you're right, we need to find ways to get to White. BLITZ more! If Mike White is consistently beating you facing a blitz, kudos to him but I dont see it happening. Have to rattle this guy early. Backup or not, he's a much better QB than Wilson right now. Reminds me a lot of a young Flacco. Kind of a statue but see's the field well. Make a statement early on and keep your foot on the gas.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Once again the Jets DL vs our OL will be a battle to watch. These guys are young, explosive, and hungry. I am a huge fan of their HC Robert Saleh. I expect him to be doing this for a long time and be very successful in the process.
Honestly, the most exciting matchup of the season could very well be Jets CB Sauce Gardner vs JJ !!! I know that Sauce is just a rookie, but man watch this kid play. I am hoping that JJ is on his game. This Gardner kid is long and fast. Has incredible talent. It will be a great battle but one that JJ should be able to find some weaknesses in the rookie.
This in turn also means that the Vikings HAVE TO run the ball and thus setup the play action pass. Thielen and in particular, Hockensen could have massive games for us.
I am concerned also with us covering Garrett Wilson and then their other WRs. The sleeper of the group could be Tyler Conklin returning to US Bank. He will have a little extra motivation for this game.
If we can get pressure on White, who looked like Joe Montana against the Bears, then that will be crucial. The Jets will also look to run the ball a lot.
I see the Jets as a younger version of the Vikings actually.
My prediction is that the Teacher beats the student
20-16
Foreman44
Transition Player

Re: Week 13: Jets @ Vikings predictionss

Post by Foreman44 »

The only thing I feel rings reality. Win or lose. I feel it’s going to be a nail biter. I am going to say a a 3 point loss. Only for reverse hycholgy type reason. I do believe we can and should win. But all our games are. Close. Could go either way.

I feel the same about Detroit. I don’t have a good feeling.. IMO,we won the first. Game because the coach made a dumb decision to go for the Lon.g,unrealistic field goal. Giving us short field.But Detroit is playing better. and how determined is Detroit for a get back ofthere earlier season loss.
Maybe-they throw in the towel, I guess that’s next weeks takk
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

I think Vikings will win but Vikings have a terrible record against the Jets which is 3 wins and 8 losses
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Vikings win
Jets lose
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:06 am
CharVike wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:57 am I think we win this in a close game. The Jets have a very good D and are No 4 in points allowed. They have a middle of the pack O and have a backup QB playing who is coming off a great game against the Bears. But the Bears have a bad D and have basically waived the flag on the season. On our side who knows what Donatell will do. It comes down to getting after the QB which I would do right from the start and rattle this White. Of course we will do the complete opposite and play some type of soft multi front and let this guy stand there and wait for guys to clear or dump off to some back. Darrisaw missed practice so I guess he is out. Be nice to get Cook rolling but our OL is struggling to open any room right now. I see it 20-17 and we sweep the AFC east.
I feel like the Vikings are determined to get a 2 possession win soon. I'm going to say it will be this game. I say 24-14 Vikings. But yes you're right, we need to find ways to get to White. BLITZ more! If Mike White is consistently beating you facing a blitz, kudos to him but I dont see it happening. Have to rattle this guy early. Backup or not, he's a much better QB than Wilson right now. Reminds me a lot of a young Flacco. Kind of a statue but see's the field well. Make a statement early on and keep your foot on the gas.
You hit it on the spot with the Flacco comparison. We need to attack him or it will be a long day.
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:49 am I think Vikings will win but Vikings have a terrible record against the Jets which is 3 wins and 8 losses
LOL you post something negative and no one sez a word to you.

Or are you trying to say that the law of averages is with the Vikings this time? Ur a little Tardy with the prediction thread this week, aren't you?

35-10 Vikings. It's all i got.

Edit OOPs! Charvike's the one who's tardy with the weekly prediction thread. Like delay of game .
Last edited by Chi-Town Vike on Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skol
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

This is kinda scary, but I think the Vikes will win as well. It will be a good test for them, on the road against a great D. Cousins will have a hard time, needs to get rid of the ball fast. The Oline has GOT to open up some holes early for Cook. We lose if Cook doesnt get at least 100 yards. And Sauce will try and cover JJ. He might be able to, be cant ever underestimate what JJ can do, Should be a nail biter and fun game to watch. :govikes:
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:22 am Vikings win
Jets lose
Why are you so reluctant to offer up a prognostication on the final score. It's all in fun.

What? ya hearin footsteps or somethin? :lol:
Skol
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Chi-Town Vike wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:22 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:22 am Vikings win
Jets lose
Why are you so reluctant to offer up a prognostication on the final score. It's all in fun.

What? ya hearin footsteps or somethin? :lol:
Because Vikings win/Jets lose tells you all you need to know. I would say the Vikings will go Pumped up Kicks on them, but that was a jinx last time so not going there this time.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:05 pm This is kinda scary, but I think the Vikes will win as well. It will be a good test for them, on the road against a great D. Cousins will have a hard time, needs to get rid of the ball fast. The Oline has GOT to open up some holes early for Cook. We lose if Cook doesnt get at least 100 yards. And Sauce will try and cover JJ. He might be able to, be cant ever underestimate what JJ can do, Should be a nail biter and fun game to watch. :govikes:
We are at home and it's still a good test.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

CharVike wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:19 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:05 pm This is kinda scary, but I think the Vikes will win as well. It will be a good test for them, on the road against a great D. Cousins will have a hard time, needs to get rid of the ball fast. The Oline has GOT to open up some holes early for Cook. We lose if Cook doesnt get at least 100 yards. And Sauce will try and cover JJ. He might be able to, be cant ever underestimate what JJ can do, Should be a nail biter and fun game to watch. :govikes:
Right. No idea why I thought it was a road game.
Best D in the NFL vrs worst D in the NFL.
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

CharVike wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:19 pm
Cuz when you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way, from your first flea flickerette till your last shi tty playyyyy!!!!!
Skol
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Chi-Town Vike wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:45 pm
VikingsFan84 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:49 am I think Vikings will win but Vikings have a terrible record against the Jets which is 3 wins and 8 losses
LOL you post something negative and no one sez a word to you.

Or are you trying to say that the law of averages is with the Vikings this time? Ur a little Tardy with the prediction thread this week, aren't you?

35-10 Vikings. It's all i got.

Edit OOPs! Charvike's the one who's tardy with the weekly prediction thread. Like delay of game .
:-|