OUTRAGE!!!!! I"M MAD!!!!!!!! Bombshelll!!!!!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: OUTRAGE!!!!! I"M MAD!!!!!!!! Bombshelll!!!!!

Post by Texas Vike »

chicagopurple wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:43 pm after the pitiful prime time effort the Vikes posted against the Cowboys, I cannot fault any analyst who pays them little attention. They followed this up with a pretty close call against a mediocre team in New England. We have a great record but its built on a bunch of very close calls, many against poor teams. This is EXACTLY the kind of team that has broken my heart for 4-5 decades. We are likely to go into post season play and promptly get eliminated by any team with a strong front line. Sorry, but this is the reality of being a Vikings fan
This is definitely what I view as the most likely outcome of this season. But I also have to admit that this season has gone much, much better than I had anticipated and that I feel confident and optimistic about our future because we have a great coach. We absolutely need to invest in both OL and DL. We need game changers in the trenches.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:05 pm Weird because we are 4-2 against teams with a winning record this year. So 5 wins against "poor teams" (which I honestly dont believe there is such thing in the NFL) and 4 wins against teams with winning records. Sounds about even to me.
I agree with you that there are no truly poor teams in the NFL. Just this last weekend we saw Jacksonville knock off the Ravens. The Eagles needed last-second heroics to beat the Colts. The Packers came back to beat the Cowboys in OT.

When the Vikings played the Commanders, few gave the Commanders much respect. Now, the Commanders don't look so bad.

While not every professional team has the same number or level of star players, every professional team has talent and the capability of beating any other team on any given Sunday. Teams also evolve over the course of the season. Some teams start hot and look great early in the season only to fade as it goes on due to injuries or other teams figuring them out. Other teams take some time to warm up. Still others limp into the playoffs and then get hot.

The Vikings certainly have their things to focus on and fix, but I don't discount any of their opponents.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Texas Vike wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:03 pm
chicagopurple wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:43 pm after the pitiful prime time effort the Vikes posted against the Cowboys, I cannot fault any analyst who pays them little attention. They followed this up with a pretty close call against a mediocre team in New England. We have a great record but its built on a bunch of very close calls, many against poor teams. This is EXACTLY the kind of team that has broken my heart for 4-5 decades. We are likely to go into post season play and promptly get eliminated by any team with a strong front line. Sorry, but this is the reality of being a Vikings fan
This is definitely what I view as the most likely outcome of this season. But I also have to admit that this season has gone much, much better than I had anticipated and that I feel confident and optimistic about our future because we have a great coach. We absolutely need to invest in both OL and DL. We need game changers in the trenches.
That is the most likely outcome of any given season for any team even if it feels like it's more likely for the Vikings.

The way I look at it, the offense bounced back in a big way from that loss against Dallas. That was not what I expected. The Patriots have a really good defense and the Vikings were missing Darrisaw, but they managed to move the ball and score. Not so much on the ground, but that was an impressive performance given what had just happened against Dallas. Special teams also made some nice plays (and I can't emphasize again how important Wright's punting has been and will be when it comes to field position in the playoffs). The defense is the missing piece on this team. They should be much better than they have been, but there is reason to believe they can get better. They have a lot of vets and a lot of pride. I think they'll button it up yet, and if they can do that the Vikings are as complete a team as any in the NFL.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Exactly. As I was watching that game I was saying yo my wife that if the Vikings want to know why they get no respect this is it.losing it one thing. Getting blown up in your own house is another.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:53 pm I'm very surprised that you all took this thread seriously. To me it was obvious that Chi-Town was trolling PHP.
It seems when it comes to me you just look for the negative.

I was actually a pissed at those hypocrites for not analyzing the whole picture. Instead, they cherry picked their professional opinions. Remember how they were raving about cousins at the start of the season? for mvp and all that? Now they were cuddling with Jimmy G lol. I've found a solution, i'm not gonna watch that crap anymore.

The objective of this thread was more about sorting out the realists citical thinkers and koolaid drinkers.
Skol
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:12 pm I do not know why you are mad about it, you should have gotten used to it a long time ago, Vikings will never get any respect until Vikings win the Superbowl
mmm true dat!
Skol
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

VikeFanInEagleLand wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:26 pm I remember the 1987 season and how little/no respect the Vikings were getting heading into the Playoffs. I knew all these talking heads didn't know what they were talking about. If you were fan you knew how well they were playing. I fully expected them to march through New Orleans, San Francisco & Washington on their was to the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, they got derailed by the Redskins. But the fact that they were getting no respect made those first two wins all the more better.
Ahhh!! that was the strike year and the Vikings lost all 3 of their replacement games. They had to win the Final game of the season at home against the Redskins in order to clinch a spot. They lost (lol) But a couple other teams choked and the Vikes backed in to the playoffs. Then they went into nawlins and stomped the saints 44 10. 3 quarters way thru the game and Summerall summed it up as impressive. Then they went into SF , the game game was covered by the b-team Dick stockton and whoever. The 49ers fans were mocking the Vikings as a joke and all that. Vikings whipped em 36-24> Anthony carter set the playoff record for receiving yards in a game. It was awesome. Then came the Redskins and we lost for the second time in like a month to them.. This time 17-10 Joe Gibbs wasn't gonna lose to Vikings, Dont think he ever did in his coaching career.
Skol
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:31 am
Chi-Town Vike wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:52 pm No!!! I'm not over it!!!!!!! Cuz how can you leave a 9-2 team out of the Superbowl discussion. Can someone explain that to me???
Would you rather the expectations for the Vikings be high, or have them flying under the radar and discounted?

Personally, who cares what the media believes? For the most part those folks are entertainers and relatively poorly informed on the inner workings of any given team. They watch the nationally televised games for the most part and look at the scores like the rest of us and reach their opinions and judgments based on the hype around those games. To be fair to them, so far the Vikings lost badly to the Eagles and Cowboys on national TV. They beat the Dolphins sans Tua, had a lot of things go right to squeak by the Bills, and the Patriots game was in doubt until the very end. The teams being mentioned by the talking heads, OTOH, have had several convincing wins over quality opponents under the bright lights on national TV.

As long as the Vikings lack that convincing win, they're going to struggle in the court of national opinion.

And that is just fine with me. I'd much rather nobody take them seriously than everyone start expecting them to be this great complete team. That isn't for us fans, either - it's for the players themselves. They are the ones who need to go out there week after week and find a way. They are the ones who I believe will play better if people doubt them. I would rather people doubt them, because in the end what makes any team truly special in the modern era of football isn't being objectively physically better than their opponents, but having the team chemistry and internal fight to stay in it and stick with it and stick with their teammates. I think that is what makes this Vikings team truly unique this year and, if they're going to go anywhere near the Superbowl, much less win it, they'll do it mainly because they stuck together and played as a team and believed in each other.

I don't know if that makes you feel any better about what you're hearing from the talking heads. At the very least, you'll have the glib satisfaction of knowing they were wrong when the Vikings win the Superbowl this year.

:smilevike: :govikes: :v): :beerock:
But, were was that fight in the two beatings they took? once i can accept but twice is kinda mehhh. 3 times?? Like say the jets or Giants beat them down. whats your perspective then?
Skol
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Chi-Town Vike wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:31 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:53 pm I'm very surprised that you all took this thread seriously. To me it was obvious that Chi-Town was trolling PHP.

I was actually a pissed at those hypocrites for not analyzing the whole picture. Instead, they cherry picked their professional opinions. Remember how they were raving about cousins at the start of the season? for mvp and all that? Now they were cuddling with Jimmy G lol. I've found a solution, i'm not gonna watch that crap anymore.

The objective of this thread was more about sorting out the realists citical thinkers and koolaid drinkers.
It started with the incredibly over the top title of the thread. Then the content of the initial post. It was totally contrary to your "realist" "critical thinker" nature. It sounded mocking to me. Who were you mocking. The "get em Percy" and the "Sic em Percy" comments kind of led me in the direction that it was PHP you were mocking. The incessant overuse of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'s and the double Blasphemy!!!!! comment. Why do you think we have need of a thread to sort out the realist/critical thinkers from the Koolaid Drinkers?
I don't have to look very hard to find a negative attitude in just about every post you make. Maybe you feel you need to do that to counterbalance positive/optimistic posts from Percy and myself.
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Chi-Town Vike wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:56 pm
VikingLord wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:31 am

Would you rather the expectations for the Vikings be high, or have them flying under the radar and discounted?

Personally, who cares what the media believes? For the most part those folks are entertainers and relatively poorly informed on the inner workings of any given team. They watch the nationally televised games for the most part and look at the scores like the rest of us and reach their opinions and judgments based on the hype around those games. To be fair to them, so far the Vikings lost badly to the Eagles and Cowboys on national TV. They beat the Dolphins sans Tua, had a lot of things go right to squeak by the Bills, and the Patriots game was in doubt until the very end. The teams being mentioned by the talking heads, OTOH, have had several convincing wins over quality opponents under the bright lights on national TV.

As long as the Vikings lack that convincing win, they're going to struggle in the court of national opinion.

And that is just fine with me. I'd much rather nobody take them seriously than everyone start expecting them to be this great complete team. That isn't for us fans, either - it's for the players themselves. They are the ones who need to go out there week after week and find a way. They are the ones who I believe will play better if people doubt them. I would rather people doubt them, because in the end what makes any team truly special in the modern era of football isn't being objectively physically better than their opponents, but having the team chemistry and internal fight to stay in it and stick with it and stick with their teammates. I think that is what makes this Vikings team truly unique this year and, if they're going to go anywhere near the Superbowl, much less win it, they'll do it mainly because they stuck together and played as a team and believed in each other.

I don't know if that makes you feel any better about what you're hearing from the talking heads. At the very least, you'll have the glib satisfaction of knowing they were wrong when the Vikings win the Superbowl this year.

:smilevike: :govikes: :v): :beerock:
But, were was that fight in the two beatings they took? once i can accept but twice is kinda mehhh. 3 times?? Like say the jets or Giants beat them down. whats your perspective then?
The Iggles game wasn't a beating. It was simply a loss. How many times did we have the ball in scoring position only to shoot ourselves in the foot? The Cowpukes game was among a handful of the most humiliating losses in team history, but get this. It only counts as one loss. I know it might seem like 4 losses, but it's truly only one loss. If we play the Cowpukes again this year it would not surprise me at all if we win. Why are you looking for us to get beat down by the Giants or Jets? Could it happen? Sure, but odds are we win both of those games. What's your perspective then? We're 9-2 with some impressive victories. We've consistently come up with huge 4th quarter performances. We will likely be favored to win our final 6 games. Maybe we will be a dog in the game at the Pukers. Odds are we lose one or two of them, but what if we win them all and finish 15-2. What's your perspective then?
Even if we finish 15-2 with home field advantage if we lose any playoff game including the Super Bowl you will feel justified in your negativity because none of the winning mattered anyway if we fail to win "The Big Game". I will consider it a very good season that ended like it does for 31 out of 32 teams every year.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Chi-Town Vike wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:56 pm But, were was that fight in the two beatings they took? once i can accept but twice is kinda mehhh. 3 times?? Like say the jets or Giants beat them down. whats your perspective then?
In the Eagles game the entire team played poorly in the first half. The defense at least tightened up in the second half, and as VikingsVictorious pointed out, the offense had chances that they just failed to capitalize on.

I can't explain the Cowboys game other than it followed an emotionally draining OT road win. And maybe in that game the Cowboys were just that good. Or maybe a combo of the two. I agree with you that they lacked fight in that game and I can't explain it away so I won't. But if I had to wager on that happening again this season against any opponent I'd bet it won't.

If the Jets or Giants beat them down that would likely change the way I view the 2022 Vikings.
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

I have watched the Vikings their entire existence since 1961 and don’t share the pessimism about this season. To believe that teams of the past has any bearing on the 2022 team is akin to believing in voodoo.

My only concern at the beginning of the season was that we’d be so far behind by December that they wouldn’t be worth watching. Now with all these come from behind wins and a 9-2 record I don’t want to be negative and miserable while they’re winning. If I allowed myself to wallow in the negative and they managed to win a Super Bowl I don’t want to spend the whole season miserable and angry and not enjoy the experience. If they tank I have over sixty years of experience dealing with disappointing Vikings seasons and will deal with it when and if it happens.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Chi-Town Vike wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:31 pm

What. A bunch. Of sh!t.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive. You can be a critical thinker and still be an unabashed, unashamed, balls-to-the-walls fan. You can be both critical and optimistic. It’s not freaking binary.

Here’s the deal. I’ve witnessed every bad thing that has ever happened to this team. All four SB losses. All the eggs laid in NFC championship games. All the missed field goals. All the stupidity with Les Steckel, Red McCombs, the Love Boat, the Whizzinator, Gary Anderson, 41-0, Bountygate, Blair Walsh … all of it. And I’m still PROUD to be a Vikings fan. Why? Because 20 division championships. Because the 5th-best regular season record in the history of the NFL since the merger. Because all those hall of famers.

I’m also eternally optimistic. I believe they can win the Super Bowl THIS YEAR. Beating the Bills on the road proved it to me. F*ck Dallas. Every team lays eggs. The Bucs lost 38-3 at home a couple years ago and won the whole thing. It was an anomaly. Dallas played its best game in 5 years and we played our worst. It happens. Not only that, the Vikings came back 4 days later and beat a good team led by not only the best coach in history, but also the best short-week coach, by far, in history. The Vikings are good, and I don’t give a damn what you think or what you call me.

There’s a reason board rules prohibit questioning people’s fandom, and you just showed why.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:08 pm
Chi-Town Vike wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:31 pm It seems when it comes to me you just look for the negative.

What. A bunch. Of sh!t.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive. You can be a critical thinker and still be an unabashed, unashamed, balls-to-the-walls fan. You can be both critical and optimistic. It’s not freaking binary.

Here’s the deal. I’ve witnessed every bad thing that has ever happened to this team. All four SB losses. All the eggs laid in NFC championship games. All the missed field goals. All the stupidity with Les Steckel, Red McCombs, the Love Boat, the Whizzinator, Gary Anderson, 41-0, Bountygate, Blair Walsh … all of it. And I’m still PROUD to be a Vikings fan. Why? Because 20 division championships. Because the 5th-best regular season record in the history of the NFL since the merger. Because all those hall of famers.

I’m also eternally optimistic. I believe they can win the Super Bowl THIS YEAR. Beating the Bills on the road proved it to me. F*ck Dallas. Every team lays eggs. The Bucs lost 38-3 at home a couple years ago and won the whole thing. It was an anomaly. Dallas played its best game in 5 years and we played our worst. It happens. Not only that, the Vikings came back 4 days later and beat a good team led by not only the best coach in history, but also the best short-week coach, by far, in history. The Vikings are good, and I don’t give a damn what you think or what you call me.

There’s a reason board rules prohibit questioning people’s fandom, and you just showed why.
Eh?? explain please. also whats wrong with being cautious and not just running off at the mouth becaue you're a fan.
Skol
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Chi-Town Vike wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:30 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:08 pm
What. A bunch. Of sh!t.

Eh?? explain please. also whats wrong with being cautious and not just running off at the mouth becaue you're a fan.
It’s not that hard. You just admitted to calling out people for what kind of fan they are. You said it’s the entire point of the topic you started. That’s a personal attack against any fan who doesn’t think like you, which is supposed to be prohibited.

Your premise that a Vikings fan must be either level-headed or a Koolaid drinker is utter bullish!t. I’m as big an optimist as there is in Viking nation, but I dare you to be more analytical than I am. In fact, I beg you to actually be analytical at all.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.