Have the Vikings peaked yet?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Have the Vikings peaked yet?

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

Usually when a team peaks over the course of a season they play their best football. Win in bunches or a long winning streak. i'd say the lions are starting to peak. Theyve won 3 in a row and could possibly put something together and challenge the Vikes for the divisiion. On the other hand the vikings put together a 7 game winning streak. But, it is one of the strangest winning streaks i've ever seen. Certainly wasn't dominant and more like they eeked out wins. So ? have we seen their best football? or do you think that is still to come from this team?
Skol
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Re: Have the Vikings peaked yet?

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Chi-Town Vike wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:35 pm Usually when a team peaks over the course of a season they play their best football. Win in bunches or a long winning streak. i'd say the lions are starting to peak. Theyve won 3 in a row and could possibly put something together and challenge the Vikes for the divisiion. On the other hand the vikings put together a 7 game winning streak. But, it is one of the strangest winning streaks i've ever seen. Certainly wasn't dominant and more like they eeked out wins. So ? have we seen their best football? or do you think that is still to come from this team?
:lol: The Lions will never challenge the Vikings for the division, the Lions will always suck!
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

The Lions get the Bills this week in their house. We'll see if they are peaking. We are eeking out wins but there is nothing wrong with that. It's much better than the other way around like last year when we starting 0-2 when we had a questionable fumble and missed chip shot FG to get beat. That sucked. There's not much that separates the good from the bad. The 49ers who I think are one of the top teams lost to the Bears week 1. I bet they would have liked to eek out a win instead of falling. The Chiefs lost to the Colts. We are winning but we still need improvement. Some of that will come from getting the injured back. Guys like Ingram should get better as they go along. Even the coaching can get better. I don't think we peaked.
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

CharVike wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:45 am The Lions get the Bills this week in their house. We'll see if they are peaking. We are eeking out wins but there is nothing wrong with that. It's much better than the other way around like last year when we starting 0-2 when we had a questionable fumble and missed chip shot FG to get beat. That sucked. There's not much that separates the good from the bad. The 49ers who I think are one of the top teams lost to the Bears week 1. I bet they would have liked to eek out a win instead of falling. The Chiefs lost to the Colts. We are winning but we still need improvement. Some of that will come from getting the injured back. Guys like Ingram should get better as they go along. Even the coaching can get better. I don't think we peaked.
Yes, the 49ers defense has shut out there last 3 opponents in the second half. That's crazy!! I don't place much merit in week one. Compare it to your 1st day on the job. For rookies it literally is their 1st day. Don't feel that they've peaked either. We'll find out over the next 7 games though.
Skol
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

The Bills keep doing good things for us. The lions have been declawed in a close game
Skol
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Chi-Town Vike wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:41 pm
CharVike wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:45 am The Lions get the Bills this week in their house. We'll see if they are peaking. We are eeking out wins but there is nothing wrong with that. It's much better than the other way around like last year when we starting 0-2 when we had a questionable fumble and missed chip shot FG to get beat. That sucked. There's not much that separates the good from the bad. The 49ers who I think are one of the top teams lost to the Bears week 1. I bet they would have liked to eek out a win instead of falling. The Chiefs lost to the Colts. We are winning but we still need improvement. Some of that will come from getting the injured back. Guys like Ingram should get better as they go along. Even the coaching can get better. I don't think we peaked.
Yes, the 49ers defense has shut out there last 3 opponents in the second half. That's crazy!! I don't place much merit in week one. Compare it to your 1st day on the job. For rookies it literally is their 1st day. Don't feel that they've peaked either. We'll find out over the next 7 games though.
The 49ers will get stronger as they go. The Bucs will also. They both play great D. That will keep you in most games. Plus both are strong up front on both sides of the ball. The Cowboys look tough and a backup QB carried them. But let the Pack beat them. They play D but if you pressure Dak he will go backwards more so than most. He stood clean against us. With no pressure we got no TOs. At least against the Bills we had 6 sacks. That helps big time. We will lose games I never doubted that. We need to get healthy so we can function better and that will happen soon. A 4th string CB starting sucks. They will attack that guy and he's only 5'9". Never thought I'd say it but we need Dantzler back in there.
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

CharVike wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:48 pm
Chi-Town Vike wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:41 pm Yes, the 49ers defense has shut out there last 3 opponents in the second half. That's crazy!! I don't place much merit in week one. Compare it to your 1st day on the job. For rookies it literally is their 1st day. Don't feel that they've peaked either. We'll find out over the next 7 games though.
The 49ers will get stronger as they go. The Bucs will also. They both play great D. That will keep you in most games. Plus both are strong up front on both sides of the ball. The Cowboys look tough and a backup QB carried them. But let the Pack beat them. They play D but if you pressure Dak he will go backwards more so than most. He stood clean against us. With no pressure we got no TOs. At least against the Bills we had 6 sacks. That helps big time. We will lose games I never doubted that. We need to get healthy so we can function better and that will happen soon. A 4th string CB starting sucks. They will attack that guy and he's only 5'9". Never thought I'd say it but we need Dantzler back in there.
Just a quick hit here. My anticipation and curiosity as far as the coaching matchup has certainly peaked. Actually can't wait to see how this is gonna play out. On the 49ers, yea a lot of the insiders were chirping about by the final weeks of the season the 9ers will be the most dangerous team in the NFC come playoff time. On Monday Aikman said among everything else talent wise , they have a pretty special team chemistry that you don't often see amongst teams.
Skol