Week 12: Patriots @ Vikings predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Re: Week 12: Patriots @ Vikings predictions

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

Foreman44 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:08 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:58 am
Thanks brother.

I’m the optimist, but trust me, I’m also realistic. I know that if I’m honest, the odds of this year’s team, with all its flaws, finally breaking through are fairly small. Heck, it takes a huge effort for a truly strong and complete team like Kansas City to win it all. What are our chances?

But this year’s team, last week being an exception, has been a blast. KOC has established a locker room full of guys who love playing for each other and for the fans. It’s honestly kind of intoxicating.

So yeah, they’re probably not going to end the drought this year. But isn’t the journey a gas? I mean, who saw 8-2 with a 4-game lead in the division? Even in my optimism, I didn’t see that coming. So rather than wait for the sky to fall, I choose to ride it while it lasts.
I see the optimism. I see your realistic side.

It has been a fun year, no matter who we have played.
I projected New England to win by 10. But thinking it will close one way or other.

Especially where KOC a locker room full of guys who want to play. Quite a difference from Zimmer.. There is a difference of playing your best because one is a pro, and a player giving his heart playing for a team he loves. I wonder how many played last year fearing Zimmer wrath.

So glad zimmer is gone...

I personally felt the Dallas game being that traps lead game...lDallas fired up over a horrible loss to GB.throwing a way a lead losing to a struggling packer team. Other hand. The overwhelming victory over a high ranked team..I didn’t feel comfortable. But didn’t expect that butt whooping.

Hopefully we are the fired up team, showing last weeks game score was a fluke score.

What you said about KOC carry well into the future.

still the realist.
Yes, Dallas really needed that game in a bad way. Vikings did not really need that game. Patriots are coming in with a similar situation. Their divisions are obviously a lot more competitive than the NFC north.
Skol
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I don't see how they're going to be able to compensate for Darrisaw being out. I think Kirk is going to go into the game looking over his shoulder and he generally doesn't play well under those conditions.

I'm also concerned about what I'll just call "The Curse of Kirk Cousins". Not every loss Cousins has sustained has been on him. That's not the way football works. The Cowboys put up 40 points on them last week, Cousins doesn't play on defense. However, the teams he has been starting QB on have a terrible record against teams that finish the season with a winning record (over .500). Like, really really terrible. This year we're 2-2 against such teams but it is difficult to completely count the Dolphins game. I think with their starting QB in there's a good chance they'd be 1-3 against those teams. Likewise the record for teams he's been on in primetime games is dreadful.

As far as stats go those are probably not particularly strong but it's what makes me think it's a loss.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

I don't see a high scoring affair, NE defense is legit and if we are smart, we will run the ball and utilize a short two step drop passing attack as they have a good pass rush. On defense, we need to take away their rushing attack and make them pass the ball, but Belichick is a great coach and might want to exploit our pass defense anyway. I see a close game , but if we can get any sort of protection at all I think we can win this.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Evans has been ruled out. So we are below the bottom at one CB spot and it looks like Duke Shelley will start. I wonder were they will be throwing? Tomlinson is a game time time decision but I think he will go.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Lions lose to the Bills in a nail-biter. Magic number at 3. Will be 2 if the Vikes can beat New England.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

Skol
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

CharVike wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:01 pm Evans has been ruled out. So we are below the bottom at one CB spot and it looks like Duke Shelley will start. I wonder were they will be throwing? Tomlinson is a game time time decision but I think he will go.
Tomlinson is inactive. That sucks.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Cousins with yet ANOTHER int so early in the game
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:59 pm Cousins with yet ANOTHER int so early in the game
That!! and another missed pat. Defense seems to be in a mini turnover drought. Mac Jones has a 130.0 passer rating. Cousins 114.5. Defense needs a takeaway or 2 in the 2nd half. When is the last time the o line won a goal line trench battle?
Skol
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

Mac Jones passer rating just went up a bunch more. 142.3 to be exact.
Skol
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

nice KO return. Our D sucks. M Jones looks like Marino. Easy pickings.
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

CharVike wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:11 pm nice KO return. Our D sucks. M Jones looks like Marino. Easy pickings.
And we converted the extra point. We are rollin!!!!!!! Big Play!!!!! do it again! do it again!!! ( i meant the return was the big play.) lol We need to give gary anderson a tryout this week.
Skol
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

Ok Kirk show time !!!!!!!1 Your 1st possesion of the secon hale whatcha gonna do?
Skol
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

Need a TD here!
Skol
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

The kirko meter is at 108.0