Cowboys @ Vikings post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Cowboys @ Vikings post game

Post by VikingsFan84 »

After the wild win against the Bills last week, I can not say I am surprised, oh well! Let's move on and focus on the Patriots on Thursday
quiznut1
Practice Squad

Re: Cowboys @ Vikings post game

Post by quiznut1 »

Just one loss, but wow, that was utterly embarrassing, especially in your own building. Inexcusable for an 8-1 team. :wallbang:
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

I knew this game would be a downer after the lucky Bills win.

Horrible coaching, this team wasnt ready for the Cowboys. This shows just how bad our Oline is, and how we have terrible backups.

I am embarrassed by this utter loss. The Vikes were a joke. Cosuins had about half a second to throw the ball. TJ set the tone early for this game.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I didn’t expect us to beat Dallas today. But I also wasn’t expecting this kind of beat down.
I would say we got a little ways to go before we’re winning a Super Bowl.
Hopefully a better showing Thursday.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

:puke:
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:41 pm I knew this game would be a downer after the lucky Bills win.

Horrible coaching, this team wasnt ready for the Cowboys. This shows just how bad our Oline is, and how we have terrible backups.

I am embarrassed by this utter loss. The Vikes were a joke. Cosuins had about half a second to throw the ball. TJ set the tone early for this game.
Is every win lucky? And in terms of backups, usually backups aren’t good otherwise they’d be starting. And if you think a backup is going to come in and handle Micah Parsons, I’m not sure what to tell you. They needed to adjust and chip parsons when CD went out and I feel like they didn’t. But even at the start of that 3rd quarter, the second cousins turned around after a PA fake, he was getting hit. They seemed very unprepared and overall flat. Couldn’t stop a 3rd down on defense, couldn’t stop the run. Just an overall awful game. I hope KOC really game plans for Matt Judon with Darrisaw being out (I’m assuming) becuase if he doesn’t cousins will be getting killed. I would hope our defense could handle new englands offense. But we gotta get back to scoring on offense. Can’t have anymore of those games
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

When we lose it's always a big loss this year. Need to regroup in a hurry. I read Darrisaw is already ruled out for our next game because of another concussion.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

CharVike wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:57 pm When we lose it's always a big loss this year. Need to regroup in a hurry. I read Darrisaw is already ruled out for our next game because of another concussion.
Vikings should have never played Darrisaw in the first place
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingsFan84 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:13 pm
CharVike wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:57 pm When we lose it's always a big loss this year. Need to regroup in a hurry. I read Darrisaw is already ruled out for our next game because of another concussion.
Something is telling me they rushed him. Because him and evans both got a concussion but evans didn’t play and Darrisaw did. I’m guessing we won’t see Darrisaw until the jets game
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

I'm sure they put him through the proper and required procedures.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

CharVike wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:42 pm

I'm sure they put him through the proper and required procedures.
I would hope so. But it feels fishy given evans had one too and didn’t play. Was evans’ really that much more severe? That’s the question
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:32 pm

Something is telling me they rushed him. Because him and evans both got a concussion but evans didn’t play and Darrisaw did. I’m guessing we won’t see Darrisaw until the jets game
Per protocols, I don't think there's any chance we see Darrisaw against the Patriots.

Return to participation is a 5-phase process, and one of those phases must include a day of tolerating full participation practice and contact without any signs or symptoms of the concussion. The chances of Darrisaw getting through all five phases by Wednesday are pretty slim, especially with this being his second consecutive concussion.

It sucks, but the Vikings have got to prepare someone else to play left tackle. And it doesn't get any easier. Matt Judon came into this game leading the NFL in sacks, and he picked up another 1.5 today.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
40for60
Starter

Post by 40for60 »

I chalk a lot of this one on a hangover from the Bills game, both on the players and the coaches. Uncharacteristic penalties, mistakes, a lack of intensity, and getting out coached by McCarthy (!). However with the injuries creeping in the lack of depth is showing. Really missed Tomlinson and Dantzler/Evans in this game. The Eagles went out and got both Suh and Joseph. Due to the Vikings salary cap issues they probably couldn’t get Suh, but I would think Joseph would have been doable?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:21 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:32 pm

Per protocols, I don't think there's any chance we see Darrisaw against the Patriots.

Return to participation is a 5-phase process, and one of those phases must include a day of tolerating full participation practice and contact without any signs or symptoms of the concussion. The chances of Darrisaw getting through all five phases by Wednesday are pretty slim, especially with this being his second consecutive concussion.

It sucks, but the Vikings have got to prepare someone else to play left tackle. And it doesn't get any easier. Matt Judon came into this game leading the NFL in sacks, and he picked up another 1.5 today.
Yeah that’s what worries me. You know belichick is going to have judon on that side all game. They have to be ready to chip because Brandel is going to be a problem.

I think we will right the ship against New England. I think defensively we’ll be fine especially if we get after Mac Jones. We have to have a good offensive game plan though. Clearly this isn’t a team that stays “down” after a bad loss given they got smoked by Philly and rattled off 7 straight. The next two games are fairly weak offenses but really good defenses. This OL has to be ready
-Chazz Palminteri
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I had a feeling the Cowboys defense would set the tone in this game. Darrisaw needs to take his time coming back. The defense wasn't good at tackling today and gave up too many easy completions.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.