Week 9: Vikings @ Commanders predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Week 9: Vikings @ Commanders predictions

Post by CharVike »

I see a win here. Like always we need to play sound football and not turn the ball over or commit a bunch of penalties. They have shown they can play good D and have a solid front. This will be a challenge for our OL and they need to win the LOS battle and give Cook a chance to get rolling early and not allow pass rushers a free run up the middle or come around the edge and nail Cousins. Hopefully this doesn't come down to Peg trying to kick a game winning FG because I don't think he has a chance of making it. He has more lives than a cat but that will get him cut. I wouldn't attempt any long FGs either as this will give them great field position. We might even attempt a fake FG with Wright throwing a pass. Last thing we need is for him to kick a line drive into the LOS and it gets returned for a score. I see a 21-13 win basically because they can't score much.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Week 9: Vikings @ Commanders predictions

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

CharVike wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:56 am I see a win here. Like always we need to play sound football and not turn the ball over or commit a bunch of penalties. They have shown they can play good D and have a solid front. This will be a challenge for our OL and they need to win the LOS battle and give Cook a chance to get rolling early and not allow pass rushers a free run up the middle or come around the edge and nail Cousins. Hopefully this doesn't come down to Peg trying to kick a game winning FG because I don't think he has a chance of making it. He has more lives than a cat but that will get him cut. I wouldn't attempt any long FGs either as this will give them great field position. We might even attempt a fake FG with Wright throwing a pass. Last thing we need is for him to kick a line drive into the LOS and it gets returned for a score. I see a 21-13 win basically because they can't score much.
I saw it was suppose to rain pretty heavy this game too, which could limit some lengthy FGs
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
LeadCommander
Waterboy

Post by LeadCommander »

UPSET ALERT in full affect...
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

I predict Vikings Win
I predict WFT Loses
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

I predict some WTF plays from the WFT.

Heavy running on both sides...and lots of humans sliding around. 21-10 Vikings.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

I want the Vikings to win, but do have some concerns. Here is my list of things that I think we need to be wary of:
1) Washington DT's Allen and Payne vs MIN Bradbury, Ingram, Cleveland... this scares the crap out of me. They also have Sweat on the outside and apparently Chase Young is back to practice this week. The DT's though are going to wreak havoc on us and Cousins is not very mobile... I expect that we have more moving pockets this week.
2) Antonio Gibson vs our LB... He can get into space and run by our guys. This is something that is a concern to me. Not Robinson running downhill, but more Gibson out of the backfield on outlet passes, etc.
3) Terry McLaurin... PP will probably be tasked to hang with him, but man is he fast! Another speed guy that always hurts us.

To me though it's all about #1, the Washington DT's.
Even with my serious concern here...
Vikings 20 (TD's to JJ and TJ)
Washington 17
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

IIsweet wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:48 pm I want the Vikings to win, but do have some concerns. Here is my list of things that I think we need to be wary of:
1) Washington DT's Allen and Payne vs MIN Bradbury, Ingram, Cleveland... this scares the crap out of me. They also have Sweat on the outside and apparently Chase Young is back to practice this week. The DT's though are going to wreak havoc on us and Cousins is not very mobile... I expect that we have more moving pockets this week.
2) Antonio Gibson vs our LB... He can get into space and run by our guys. This is something that is a concern to me. Not Robinson running downhill, but more Gibson out of the backfield on outlet passes, etc.
3) Terry McLaurin... PP will probably be tasked to hang with him, but man is he fast! Another speed guy that always hurts us.

Washington 17
Definitely concerned with their DTs vs our interior. However, Cleveland has been extremely solid this year. Alex Boone has been talking him up a lot. Thinks he's even got a shot to sneak into the pro bowl.

Bradbury has been much better for the most part but who knows with him. I feel like you never know what to expect.

Ingram concerns me here. However, if you watch the Trenches with Boone episode on Purple Daily this week, they do an all 22 breakdown and deep dive into JJ Watt's sack on Cousins and Boone was questioning protection there. Because protection slid to the left (where Darrisaw and Cleveland are and they also had Dalvin chipping on that side) and at the same time, on the opposite side was where JJ Watt and Markus Golden were who are their two primary rushers. I feel like they need to focus more on sliding protection to the right to help Ingram more and leave Darrisaw and Cleveland on islands. Those two are playing extremely well together right now. I'm good with Oneill on the right side but we need Bradbury shift over to give Ingram some help right now. Here is the link for Boone's breakdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XapdSF5Myo&t=2975s

Fast forward to 36:50 and you'll see the breakdown.

In terms of prediction, I still think the Vikes win this one and I'm going to say we finally win one by more than 1 possession. 30-17 Vikes.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Vikings defense EPA/play:

Weeks 1-4 = 23rd
Weeks 5-8 = 8th

Our defense is improving weekly, and Washington’s offense is anemic.

Vikings 31, Commanders 14
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:40 am
CharVike wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:56 am I see a win here. Like always we need to play sound football and not turn the ball over or commit a bunch of penalties. They have shown they can play good D and have a solid front. This will be a challenge for our OL and they need to win the LOS battle and give Cook a chance to get rolling early and not allow pass rushers a free run up the middle or come around the edge and nail Cousins. Hopefully this doesn't come down to Peg trying to kick a game winning FG because I don't think he has a chance of making it. He has more lives than a cat but that will get him cut. I wouldn't attempt any long FGs either as this will give them great field position. We might even attempt a fake FG with Wright throwing a pass. Last thing we need is for him to kick a line drive into the LOS and it gets returned for a score. I see a 21-13 win basically because they can't score much.
I saw it was suppose to rain pretty heavy this game too, which could limit some lengthy FGs
I'd prefer that he gets an attempt in a heavy downpour with some gusty winds because it will be a built in excuse for the miss and take all the pressure off him. He'll drill it right down the middle. He's iced right now and perfect conditions will just up the pressure and guarantee some type of duff. Just hope he knocks it through the end zone or out of bounds.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

CharVike wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:44 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:40 am

I'd prefer that he gets an attempt in a heavy downpour with some gusty winds because it will be a built in excuse for the miss and take all the pressure off him. He'll drill it right down the middle. He's iced right now and perfect conditions will just up the pressure and guarantee some type of duff. Just hope he knocks it through the end zone or out of bounds.
Cutting Daniel Carlson may be the worst thing Zimmer did to this team over the long term.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:59 am
IIsweet wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:48 pm I want the Vikings to win, but do have some concerns. Here is my list of things that I think we need to be wary of:

Washington 17
Definitely concerned with their DTs vs our interior. However, Cleveland has been extremely solid this year. Alex Boone has been talking him up a lot. Thinks he's even got a shot to sneak into the pro bowl.

Bradbury has been much better for the most part but who knows with him. I feel like you never know what to expect.

Ingram concerns me here. However, if you watch the Trenches with Boone episode on Purple Daily this week, they do an all 22 breakdown and deep dive into JJ Watt's sack on Cousins and Boone was questioning protection there. Because protection slid to the left (where Darrisaw and Cleveland are and they also had Dalvin chipping on that side) and at the same time, on the opposite side was where JJ Watt and Markus Golden were who are their two primary rushers. I feel like they need to focus more on sliding protection to the right to help Ingram more and leave Darrisaw and Cleveland on islands. Those two are playing extremely well together right now. I'm good with Oneill on the right side but we need Bradbury shift over to give Ingram some help right now. Here is the link for Boone's breakdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XapdSF5Myo&t=2975s

Fast forward to 36:50 and you'll see the breakdown.

In terms of prediction, I still think the Vikes win this one and I'm going to say we finally win one by more than 1 possession. 30-17 Vikes.
That's a good point about Bradbury helping Ingram. That play shown here when Ingram was pushed on his back Bradbury was helping Cleveland on that play. I'm not a coach but I thought why isn't Bradbury helping the rookie who slide into round 2 because of his questionable pass blocking ability. Perhaps Bradbury saw something that made him help Cleveland instead. Who knows. There in for a battle. But them and the coaches adjusted against Miami and got the O on track after a rough start.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Cliff wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:18 am
CharVike wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:44 am
Cutting Daniel Carlson may be the worst thing Zimmer did to this team over the long term.
Maybe that's who Kwesi should've traded for :lol:
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:30 am
Cliff wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:18 am

You can only put up with questionable FG kicking for so long. Our current guy hasn't been on the top of his game this year and we are at the mid point.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

CharVike wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:08 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:30 am

You can only put up with questionable FG kicking for so long. Our current guy hasn't been on the top of his game this year and we are at the mid point.
Kai Forbath wasn't broke, but the Vikings made the stupid choice of trying to fix our kicker situation. Just should have moved forward with him.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Washington 17
Antonio Gibson needs to be watched. He's 6'2" 220 and is a converted WR. It seems like they have some skill players and maybe avg OL yet scoring is difficult. QB is a problem right now of course with a backup starting. Strange team.