Cardinals @ Vikings post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Cardinals @ Vikings post game

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:00 pm
halfgiz wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:44 pm Another game we should have won by 3 TD’s...Lucky Win!
But a win is a win. :govikes:

Status was almost even.
Total yards
Cards 375
Vikes. 379
No luck involved. We played better they did. :govikes:
The Cards are a playoff team with supposedly a great young QB. You need more than luck to beat that.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:37 pm Off topic, but McCaffery was worth every single pic for the 49ers. They might be SB bound with that move.
You based that on 1 game? What if he gets hurt the next game? Are you still going to think McCaffery was worth every single pick for the 49ers?
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:39 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:37 pm Off topic, but McCaffery was worth every single pic for the 49ers. They might be SB bound with that move.
You based that on 1 game? What if he gets hurt the next game? Are you still going to think McCaffery was worth every single pick for the 49ers?
Once they win the SB, yes. A much better move than the one Flynn made for the Vikings in the Walker deal. :slice:
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Even with what I still think as this team being lucky, we did well today. The offense moved the ball, and the D did their job. Would have been nice to be at the game today.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

No question they have had luck this year but most teams who are 6-1 had some balls bounce their way. I don't think you go 6-1 without playing good football either. They should be able to keep it rolling next week but after that The Bills and Cowboys will present a formidable challenge.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:07 pm No question they have had luck this year but most teams who are 6-1 had some balls bounce their way. I don't think you go 6-1 without playing good football either. They should be able to keep it rolling next week but after that The Bills and Cowboys will present a formidable challenge.
Yes, The Bills and Cowboys are going to be tough. Unless Allen gets hurt, that would be our luck this year
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:42 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:07 pm No question they have had luck this year but most teams who are 6-1 had some balls bounce their way. I don't think you go 6-1 without playing good football either. They should be able to keep it rolling next week but after that The Bills and Cowboys will present a formidable challenge.
Yes, The Bills and Cowboys are going to be tough. Unless Allen gets hurt, that would be our luck this year
Yeah I see Diggs going off for 200 yards and Allen running for 80.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

The Bills and Cowboys play solid D. That LBer the Boys have has been a stud since day one. Some on here wanted that guy. If our OL get their #### kicked then it will be almost impossible. We'll know that if Cook is bottled up like against the Phines. Then we will need to make adjustments and hope they work. We might get lucky and Allen will be banged up. He likes to run and someday he will pay the price for it. Presscot will break down if you pressure him. We need to get through next week first. No game is a gimme.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

I agree. He's a perfect fit for their offensive scheme. Imagine when Deebo gets back how dynamic they'll be. I think they will be very, very tough in the playoffs.

The Vikes looked pretty solid today on O and D. PP continues to play extremely well. Dalvin had a nice day. Kirk recovered well from some bad misses. Kendricks looked good on a few plays.

I think our special teams coach better stop calling our kicker "G Money." I think you have to earn a nickname like that and he clearly hasn't. It's an ironic name at this point.

What I liked most: coming out of a bye and looking pretty sharp.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:00 pm
halfgiz wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:44 pm Another game we should have won by 3 TD’s...Lucky Win!
But a win is a win. :govikes:

Status was almost even.
Total yards
Cards 375
Vikes. 379
No luck involved. We played better they did. :govikes:
I always felt good teams find ways to win. Bad teams find ways to lose, like the Lions.

IMO.Green Bay is the only team we really beat. It was a great win. It was GB. But maybe what looked like a win over a powerhouse team, was/is nowhere the team expected. ..Detroit beat us. There coach going for the field goal ,instead of punting lost it. Yes we did score to win.

We are winning the games we lost last year

I wonder what chance we have in a SB run. There are better teams than who we played in the playoffs. Some we wii face before seasons end. Like the Cowboys, Bills, and I believe maybe Jets, Giants. (Going by memory) even the .Rams and 49ers are better than we faced...

That is my logic. I feel we deserved to win today. But if I was a Cardinal fanI could say the same.

I think luck was with us

Hopefully we keep finding ways
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Good god, we must have the most neurotic fan base in the NFL.

We win and go to 6-1. As soon as Green Bay loses, the Vikings will be 3.5 games in front WITH the tiebreaker.

And we got people here saying that once our luck runs out, we won’t even make the playoffs.

Go ahead and live in your pathetic woe-is-me, sky-is-falling world. I refuse to see 6-1 as anything but phenomenal. Not perfect. Nobody is. But pretty damn phenomenal. This was a great day. I got to tailgate with a fellow VMB member. I got to meet and get autographs from Tommy Kramer and Ted Brown. I saw pure class in Jared Allen get inducted into the Ring of Honor. And I got to watch my Vikings win a big one in USB. There is no way you merchants of doom are bringing me down.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Texas Vike wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:51 pm
I agree. He's a perfect fit for their offensive scheme. Imagine when Deebo gets back how dynamic they'll be. I think they will be very, very tough in the playoffs.

The Vikes looked pretty solid today on O and D. PP continues to play extremely well. Dalvin had a nice day. Kirk recovered well from some bad misses. Kendricks looked good on a few plays.

I think our special teams coach better stop calling our kicker "G Money." I think you have to earn a nickname like that and he clearly hasn't. It's an ironic name at this point.

What I liked most: coming out of a bye and looking pretty sharp.
He earned the nickname I gave him Peg. The 49ers are a solid team. They missed an easy interception thrown up by Stafford that cost them a trip to the SB last year. They went to GB and made Rodgers look bad. Even future HOFers have bad games. They play D and know what it takes. On the flip side they let the Bears beat them. So they can be beat.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:32 pm Good god, we must have the most neurotic fan base in the NFL.

We win and go to 6-1. As soon as Green Bay loses, the Vikings will be 3.5 games in front WITH the tiebreaker.

And we got people here saying that once our luck runs out, we won’t even make the playoffs.

Go ahead and live in your pathetic woe-is-me, sky-is-falling world. I refuse to see 6-1 as anything but phenomenal. Not perfect. Nobody is. But pretty damn phenomenal. This was a great day. I got to tailgate with a fellow VMB member. I got to meet and get autographs from Tommy Kramer and Ted Brown. I saw pure class in Jared Allen get inducted into the Ring of Honor. And I got to watch my Vikings win a big one in USB. There is no way you merchants of doom are bringing me down.
I'm with you 100%. A win is a win. That is flat out true. Some called it an ugly win. I call it a beautiful win.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:32 pm Good god, we must have the most neurotic fan base in the NFL.

First of all, I am so glad that you had such an awesome experience today. That's great brother!
Secondly, you said it perfectly!! We are 6-1 and we keep hanging in there and winning. Lucky????? Maybe.... and I don't give a S#*t... cuz a W is a W is a W is a W!! I will take it every game if needed. Enjoying the crap outta this season so far so no reason for me to be all pessimistic and sour about the wins. Bring on the luck and let us keep on racking up W's.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:09 pm

I'm with you 100%. A win is a win. That is flat out true. Some called it an ugly win. I call it a beautiful win.
Let’s talk turkey about this game.

It took all 3 phases to get this win.

The offense had some beautiful drives, and they capitalized on the turnovers. They also were perfect in the red zone, making it 10 TDs in their last 11 red zone trips. Dalvin Cook is looking more and more like himself, and JJ should’ve had a 100-yard day (don’t get me started about the officiating in this game).

Special teams had a great day (other than Greg Joseph, who is definitely a problem right now) with Ryan Wright punting like the second coming of Ray Guy and the coverage unit doing another stellar job, including the big turnover that led to our final TD.

And the defense. Say what you want, but these guys came up HUGE in big moments. Four sacks, 2 picks, 9 passes defended, and some seriously key stops. Arizona crossed midfield 3 times in the last 7 minutes and scored ZERO points. Za’Darius Smith was absolutely phenomenal today, and Jordan Hicks and Patrick Peterson played like young men. They pressured Kyler Murray all game long and held him to 36 yards on the ground.

For sure there were some low points. Poor tackling has been a problem this season, and it reared its ugly head again on the Rondale Moore TD. Greg Joseph proved during training camp that he has the leg to make 60 yarders, so what’s going on with him must be mental — not sure he can recover from this. Ed Ingram is becoming a liability in the passing game. Deandre Hopkins went off today, and the Vikings have definitely had their issues with WR1s.

But let me be clear. This win was anything BUT lucky. Was it pretty? I guess not. Whatever. We’re 6-1, and Green Bay is down three scores in the fourth quarter. We’re about to be effectively 4.5 games up in the division. Who woulda thunk it 8 weeks ago.

This team plays hard for each other, and they’re winning. Like you, I think that’s beautiful.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.