Any trade prospects, ahead of the deadline?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Any trade prospects, ahead of the deadline?

Post by Texas Vike »

Husker Vike wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:23 pm Just read a twitter rumor that OBJ is signing with Minnesota, anyone else heard this?
I have heard the chatter too, possibly from the same source.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

No moves which I guess is ok and expected. I didn't realize it but this Wash team actually has a good front on D. Bradbury and Ingram can't forget their back plates for this one. The Bermuda grass should soften the blow also.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

Just saw on Twitter that Brandin Cooks was traded pending his physical
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

I am beginning to wonder if Cooks to the Vikings is fake news, same source was saying same thing about OBJ
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

According to Adam Schefter , the Vikings have traded for TJ Hockensen, I might have to believe this one!
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Per Ian Rapoport Twitter:

"The newest member of the #Vikings: TJ Hockenson.

A huge deal, with the #Vikings sending a 2023 2nd rounder and a 2024 fourth rounder for Hockenson, a 2023 fourth rounder and a 2024 conditional fourth rounder."
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

TIGHT END
TJ Hockenson - Detroit
Receiving - 74.7 (PPF 8th ranked overall)
Run Block - 48.3
Overall - 69.4 (13th overall)
Cap Hit - $6.5m

Good Move! We was hurting at TE. :rock:
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

I think this is a good move. I give our GM credit. I thought the deadline was past.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

This guy was awesome in College, one of the best TE's ive seen. They should have traded Irv and Mattison.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:27 pm This guy was awesome in College, one of the best TE's ive seen. They should have traded Irv and Mattison.
Well Irv carries little value for a team given he's out 8-10 weeks and has done little this year. And I dont think it's wise to trade Mattison right now. He's a really good compliment to Cook right now. Remember, we are in win-now mode, teams like the Vikings usually arent the ones trading players away. They are trading for players from teams that are entering rebuild mode. Hence the Bears trading Roquan, Lions trading Hockenson, Texans possibly trading Cooks, Panthers trading McCaffrey, etc. Those are all rebuilding teams.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:27 pm This guy was awesome in College, one of the best TE's ive seen. They should have traded Irv and Mattison.
No team is going to trade for Irvin since he has been hurt too much, Vikings will cut him after the season
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Claypool over to the Bears, so scratch that one from the Vikings possibilities. After trading for a TE, we'll see if anything else is in the works
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:21 am
CharVike wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:06 am
Bradbury is worthless so it is necessary. Sooner or later we will need to make a comeback which means putting the ball up. If you can't pass block it makes it much more difficult and then every hater will come out and explain Cousins sucks. Bradbury has already been booted when the 5th year was rejected but KAM is waiting for the season to be over. You can't sit around waiting. He thinks it will come to him. He needs to go out and get it. The hell with 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th round picks. They have little to no value but they can be used in a trade because it's better than nothing. You might hit every decade on one of them.
Yeah Bradbury is worthless but Bradbury will be a free agent next year
I believe Bradbury has the 6th best center ranking this season by PFF. Might not be as worthless as you think.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Husker Vike wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:46 am Just saw on Twitter that Brandin Cooks was traded pending his physical
Traded to which team?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:13 pm
VikingsFan84 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:21 am

Yeah Bradbury is worthless but Bradbury will be a free agent next year
I believe Bradbury has the 6th best center ranking this season by PFF. Might not be as worthless as you think.
Was about to say the same thing. By no means am I a Bradbury fan, but he has been wayyyy better this year.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri