Any trade prospects, ahead of the deadline?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Any trade prospects, ahead of the deadline?

Post by CharVike »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:44 pm
Texas Vike wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:43 pm After the Cardinals game I'm more convinced that we need a G to replace Ingram. Or even give Chris Reed a go, or Schlotmann. Ingram was a turnstile once again.
I agree. Every play I watched on Ingram he was terrible. Both pass and run.
I'm not sure about Clevland either. The play that was posted showing Ingram getting run over Bradbury was helping Ezra on it. We ran for good yardage today. The ball getting knocked out of Cousins hand for a fumble somebody was beat on that one. Maybe we should try and get the Patriot guy Isaiah Wynn and put him back to his college position G. He's available. Offer a late round pick.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

CharVike wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:30 pm

I'm not sure about Clevland either. The play that was posted showing Ingram getting run over Bradbury was helping Ezra on it. We ran for good yardage today. The ball getting knocked out of Cousins hand for a fumble somebody was beat on that one. Maybe we should try and get the Patriot guy Isaiah Wynn and put him back to his college position G. He's available. Offer a late round pick.
Not a terrible idea, give him a trial run. I just dont see Ingram improving. He needs to add some bulk, as does Bradbury.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

I'd like to see us go after backup C Evan Brown. Found this... Several metrics point to how well Brown played in 12 starts last season. He ranked ninth in ESPN's pass block win rate among centers, and seventh in PFF pass blocking grade. That being said, he has plenty of room to improve when it comes to run blocking. By Jeremy Reisman@DetroitOnLion Mar 24, 2022, 7:00am EDT.
We can get this guy for a song and he's far superior to Bradbury at pass blocking. We can send him off also as part of the deal. Sorry no team will take him. That will help the entire OL which is needed. KAM needs to stop twiddling his thumbs and get off his arse we are at the last day.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Texas Vike wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:43 pm After the Cardinals game I'm more convinced that we need a G to replace Ingram. Or even give Chris Reed a go, or Schlotmann. Ingram was a turnstile once again.
I thought Ingram was a huge reach in the 2nd round and I was right :wallbang:
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

CharVike wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:31 am I'd like to see us go after backup C Evan Brown. Found this... Several metrics point to how well Brown played in 12 starts last season. He ranked ninth in ESPN's pass block win rate among centers, and seventh in PFF pass blocking grade. That being said, he has plenty of room to improve when it comes to run blocking. By Jeremy Reisman@DetroitOnLion Mar 24, 2022, 7:00am EDT.
We can get this guy for a song and he's far superior to Bradbury at pass blocking. We can send him off also as part of the deal. Sorry no team will take him. That will help the entire OL which is needed. KAM needs to stop twiddling his thumbs and get off his arse we are at the last day.
Eh, Vikings are 6-1 so it is not necessary
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:36 am
CharVike wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:31 am I'd like to see us go after backup C Evan Brown. Found this... Several metrics point to how well Brown played in 12 starts last season. He ranked ninth in ESPN's pass block win rate among centers, and seventh in PFF pass blocking grade. That being said, he has plenty of room to improve when it comes to run blocking. By Jeremy Reisman@DetroitOnLion Mar 24, 2022, 7:00am EDT.
I would argue the inverse: precisely BECAUSE the Vikings are 6-1, they should consider a trade as a way to improve the team and take advantage of a weak NFC and actually being in the running for a SB run.

The million dollar question is: what player would make the largest impact? If they replaced Ingram with someone competent, we would be significantly better.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Texas Vike wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:07 am

I would argue the inverse: precisely BECAUSE the Vikings are 6-1, they should consider a trade as a way to improve the team and take advantage of a weak NFC and actually being in the running for a SB run.

The million dollar question is: what player would make the largest impact? If they replaced Ingram with someone competent, we would be significantly better.
Quinton Nelson would revolutionize this offense but his contract would have to be adjusted heavily. Gisecki from Miami would be a great rental if he could be had for a low pick.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

I really like the Wynn idea. However, my concern is that he has to learn the system and calls immediately.
Here is why I like the idea, I would use him as a replacement for Ezra. Ezra is in the final year of his contract also. Personally, I bet he tries the FA market to move back to his natural position of OT. Hence we have a hole at OG again. I think Wynn is an immediate upgrade of Ingram, obviously, but it would allow the kid to get physically stronger and then move back into that position next year. Now, it also takes signing Wynn to a new big deal also. Can they afford it?
To me it me it makes perfect sense if they can pull it off. It improves the OL for the remainder of this year. Hopefully then Ingram continues to develop into the starter next year with Wynn and we enter FA and Draft with only needing to replace Bradbury !
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Bradbury is worthless so it is necessary. Sooner or later we will need to make a comeback which means putting the ball up. If you can't pass block it makes it much more difficult and then every hater will come out and explain Cousins sucks. Bradbury has already been booted when the 5th year was rejected but KAM is waiting for the season to be over. You can't sit around waiting. He thinks it will come to him. He needs to go out and get it. The hell with 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th round picks. They have little to no value but they can be used in a trade because it's better than nothing. You might hit every decade on one of them.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:22 am
Texas Vike wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:07 am

Quinton Nelson would revolutionize this offense but his contract would have to be adjusted heavily. Gisecki from Miami would be a great rental if he could be had for a low pick.
Now your talking. Nelson is a monster. You won't see him flat on his back. Indy is a stupid team and KAM claims he's so smart should be able to get him for a 1st and they take most of the CAP hit and then we are set for a decade with a stud and not much CAP hit.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

CharVike wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:06 am

Bradbury is worthless so it is necessary. Sooner or later we will need to make a comeback which means putting the ball up. If you can't pass block it makes it much more difficult and then every hater will come out and explain Cousins sucks. Bradbury has already been booted when the 5th year was rejected but KAM is waiting for the season to be over. You can't sit around waiting. He thinks it will come to him. He needs to go out and get it. The hell with 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th round picks. They have little to no value but they can be used in a trade because it's better than nothing. You might hit every decade on one of them.
Yeah Bradbury is worthless but Bradbury will be a free agent next year
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

The other position they should consider trading for is kicker. Why is it always the kicker? :wallbang:
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Texas Vike wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:46 am The other position they should consider trading for is kicker. Why is it always the kicker? :wallbang:
Peg needs to be booted off the team. He can't handle the pressure that comes with his position. Tightens up and he has no idea were the ball is going. He will top one sooner or later and hit the center in the arse off one bounce.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

CharVike wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:04 am
Texas Vike wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:46 am The other position they should consider trading for is kicker. Why is it always the kicker? :wallbang:
Peg needs to be booted off the team. He can't handle the pressure that comes with his position. Tightens up and he has no idea were the ball is going. He will top one sooner or later and hit the center in the arse off one bounce.
Or they need to try a different holder. That’s when some of the trouble started when we switched holders.
Actually I thought Bradbury was having a better season this year. He isn’t rated at the bottom.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

Just read a twitter rumor that OBJ is signing with Minnesota, anyone else heard this?