Brian Asamoah

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Brian Asamoah

Post by VikingsVictorious »

The Vikings preferred him to the more highly acclaimed Nakobe Dean. Did they make the right choice? Time will tell.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Brian Asamoah

Post by IIsweet »

Its a highlight reel, but the kid is flying to the ball all over the place. If a negative, he gets pushed back frequently. He's not a Ray Lewis change of direction tackler. Seriously though, he makes tackles everywhere !!!!
Love that
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I could see the team moving on from Kendricks after this season and this guy becoming a starter.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:08 am I could see the team moving on from Kendricks after this season and this guy becoming a starter.
He has starter potential, but Kendricks has been so good. We've been spoiled.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:08 am I could see the team moving on from Kendricks after this season and this guy becoming a starter.
I will be surprised if they do, Kendricks have many years left
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

I don't know. EK is in the middle with Hicks. Asamoah to me is an OLB. Zadarius is a Edge Rush OLB.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

IIsweet wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:39 pm I don't know. EK is in the middle with Hicks. Asamoah to me is an OLB. Zadarius is a Edge Rush OLB.
Asamoah according to all reports I've heard is a middle/ILB. He certainly could play outside as well.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

OLBers in this scheme are essentially DEs. This guy is an off ball linebacker.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I really liked this pick. Asamoah is FAST sideline to sideline and has great play recognition. I'm glad we went here because our depth was very underwhelming. I've never been a Troy Dye or Connelly fan. I did like what I saw from Blake Lynch last year but he's suited more as a special teamer.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:29 am I really liked this pick. Asamoah is FAST sideline to sideline and has great play recognition. I'm glad we went here because our depth was very underwhelming. I've never been a Troy Dye or Connelly fan. I did like what I saw from Blake Lynch last year but he's suited more as a special teamer.
For what it’s worth, I saw Asamoah play a fair amount here in Iowa, as he went up against Iowa State several times. He’s a little small (although at 6-0, 220, he’s essentially the same size as EK at 6-0, 227) but he’s a beast. Makes plays all over the field. Basically, a pretty big thorn in the Cyclones’ side.

For me, it’s hard to compare him to Nakobe Dean because of Dean’s injury status, which apparently scared a lot of teams. Dean is obviously very talented, but there must be a good reason he fell so far. I was actually surprised to learn that Dean is smaller than Asamoah.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

By various comments I've heard listening to draft stuff it seems that Kwesi and Asamoah have something in common, but I couldn't quite figure out what it is. Can somebody help me?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:11 am By various comments I've heard listening to draft stuff it seems that Kwesi and Asamoah have something in common, but I couldn't quite figure out what it is. Can somebody help me?
Ya I heard that too but couldnt understand what. Is it nationality?
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:30 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:11 am By various comments I've heard listening to draft stuff it seems that Kwesi and Asamoah have something in common, but I couldn't quite figure out what it is. Can somebody help me?
I'm glad it isn't only me.
Both are Black. I don't know if African American applies because their heritage might not be African. Heritage from the same country? Something about ethnicity?
I did a little checking and found out that Kwesi's ethnicity is Ovambo and sometimes referred to as Namibian. However, not all Namibians are Ovambo and not all Ovambo are Namibian's. It is a southern African tribe.
I found out that Brian is of Ghanaian heritage. I don't know if the two are related, but I'm thinking they can be as Ovambo is considered southern Africa and Ghana is southwestern Africa.
I did a little more checking and finally confirmed that both have Ghanaian heritage.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:48 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:30 am

Both are Black. I don't know if African American applies because their heritage might not be African. Heritage from the same country? Something about ethnicity?
I did a little checking and found out that Kwesi's ethnicity is Ovambo and sometimes referred to as Namibian. However, not all Namibians are Ovambo and not all Ovambo are Namibian's. It is a southern African tribe.
I found out that Brian is of Ghanaian heritage. I don't know if the two are related, but I'm thinking they can be as Ovambo is considered southern Africa and Ghana is southwestern Africa.
I did a little more checking and finally confirmed that both have Ghanaian heritage.
https://sports.yahoo.com/try-not-cry-wa ... p_catchall

Pretty cool.
i'm ready for a beer.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

vikeinmontana wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:40 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:48 am
https://sports.yahoo.com/try-not-cry-wa ... p_catchall

Pretty cool.
I read the part about Brian wanting to shake Kwesi's hand, but nothing was said about the Ghanaian connection where I read it before. However, if Kwesi let that influence him and it turns out Nakobe Dean is a much better player that would be very bad.