Vikings Week 2: Good, Bad, and the Ugly

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Vikings Week 2: Good, Bad, and the Ugly

Post by YikesVikes »

Well that was ugly. Games like these really divide the fanbase. I hope that is the worst showing this team has this season.

The Good: AT's 1st quarter catches. Looks great. Our scripted drive was responsible for points.

The Bad: Watching the connection of the offense. The QB and WRs aren't on the same page. The Oline and the RBs arent on the same page. Seems like the groups that need to be conttected are not. Where are the screens. Last year we ran a million of them. Have we run 2 rbs screens this year?

The Ugly: Most of the game. It was hard to watch on defense, hard to watch on offense, and on special teams. We simply got beat at every phase of the game.
S197
Fenrir

Re: Vikings Week 2: Good, Bad, and the Ugly

Post by S197 »

The good is people are starting to wake up that Zimmer and Spielman are not the answer.

The Vikings are bad.

That stadium is ugly.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

YikesVikes wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:01 pm Well that was ugly. Games like these really divide the fanbase. I hope that is the worst showing this team has this season.
You see the rest of the schedule? Lol....
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:05 pm The good is people are starting to wake up that Zimmer and Spielman are not the answer.

The Vikings are bad.

That stadium is ugly.
Lucas Oil? I went to a game there last year and really liked the experience. It's quite nice inside.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:03 pm
S197 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:05 pm The good is people are starting to wake up that Zimmer and Spielman are not the answer.

The Vikings are bad.

That stadium is ugly.
Lucas Oil? I went to a game there last year and really liked the experience. It's quite nice inside.
I’m sure it is but the way it casts those awful shadows during a day game is just really poor design.
cogitator
Veteran

Post by cogitator »

The Vikings are bad.

That stadium is ugly.
Any blame fall to Kubiak does anyone think?

Zimmer is looking like one of those not bad, not great coaches who kind of drift along at just over a 500 winning percentage.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Kubiak is probably the lowest on my totem pole of blame, but yeah...coaches don't get away from this free and clear.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Vikings never won in Indianapolis, the curse continues! Wilfs are idiots for giving Zimmer and Speilman extensions, they both need to go!
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Good: Can't think of anything. Maybe Gladney?
Bad: Cant' think of anything that was bad.
Ugly: Everything. ST, offense, defense. Not one thing was encouraging today. It was a worse performance than last week.

I thought it was obvious the Vikings were headed in the wrong direction this offseason. Loss of Diggs, Griffen, Joseph, Waynes. the extension of Cousins. I'm ready for new blood on this team. Blow it up. I'm just glad we're finally not using the OL as a scapegoat for Cousins limitations and deficiencies.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

808vikingsfan wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:26 pm Good: Can't think of anything. Maybe Gladney?
Ugly: Everything. ST, offense, defense. Not one thing was encouraging today. It was a worse performance than last week.

I thought it was obvious the Vikings were headed in the wrong direction this offseason. Loss of Diggs, Griffen, Joseph, Waynes. the extension of Cousins. I'm ready for new blood on this team. Blow it up. I'm just glad we're finally not using the OL as a scapegoat for Cousins limitations and deficiencies.
I hope you mean new blood on coaches too
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

The Good: The defense was only bad, instead of horrifically bad like the previous week.

The Bad: The interior of the dline. Teams are going to run all over us even when the secondary continues to improve.

The Ugly: The offense is garbage. Complete and utter garbage. Cousins has regressed, the WRs either aren't getting open or the QB doesn't see them. The Oline is who we thought they were and the only bright spot is Cook hasn't gotten hurt yet.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

808vikingsfan wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:26 pmBlow it up. I'm just glad we're finally not using the OL as a scapegoat for Cousins limitations and deficiencies.
Its already blown up. The team lost or replaced key starters at positions all over the field. It being blown up is a big part of the problem. The team has been forced into a rebuild like it or not and they weren't prepared for that.

They tried to prop the 2017 window open with Kirk Cousins and it backfired. Even if you believe Cousins is a good qb (nobody is arguing for him being "great" or "elite" last I checked) how long before this team is good enough for it to win with him? Probably in time for them to move on from him.

Limited practice and no preseason probably hurt this team a lot too.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

808vikingsfan wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:26 pm Good: Can't think of anything. Maybe Gladney?

Lol the OL has still been very very bad dude. Go watch how Samia did against Buckner, you’ll barf. As well as Reiffs play.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/sta ... 26081?s=21

That’s what our QB is dealing with. As our 2nd round pick sits the bench like all these other rookies. But please, defend this OL
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:04 pm

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/sta ... 26081?s=21

That’s what our QB is dealing with. As our 2nd round pick sits the bench like all these other rookies. But please, defend this OL
You spoke too soon 808.
Cousins averaged just 4.6 yards per attempt and finished the contest with a 15.9 NFL passer rating. And the issue wasn’t tied to protection up front. All three of his interceptions were thrown from a clean pocket, and he worked from a pressured pocket fewer than three times in the game.
Clearly this loss and the lack of offense was all on the oline...