Cowboys Postgame

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Cowboys Postgame

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Great to get a win tonight. This might make the difference in a playoff berth.

Observations:

Zimmer said he always wants contested catches for the other offense. There weren't many of those tonight. Cobb and Cooper were wide open way too often.

The pass rush was not good enough.

Rudolph was the mvp

Zeke was stuffed and they were the best offense in the league statistically.

:govikes:
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Cowboys Postgame

Post by StumpHunter »

Hughes was really bad tonight, and that was the biggest story on D.

Cook was unbelieveable.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:36 pm Hughes was really bad tonight, and that was the biggest story on D.

Cook was unbelieveable.
Yeah Cook and Mattison were running with authority. Hope Kline is ok.
mael·strom

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:36 pm Hughes was really bad tonight, and that was the biggest story on D.

Cook was unbelieveable.
Yeah cousins was pretty good too
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Cook was unbelieveable.
We win the game against the No. 1 offense in the NFL on their field, and that's your takeaway? That Mike Hughes was the biggest story on D?

I was thinking the biggest story on defense was holding Zeke Elliott to 47 yards on 20 carries. But hey, one-dimensional teams win all the time, right?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:42 pm

Cook was unbelieveable.
Good luck getting him to admit that.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Observations:

- I think Zim playing more aggressive on D (showing blitz and bailing or blitzing) and making Dak beat them was smart. Why we don’t do that against Matt Moore and chase Daniels baffles me

- in a game where Waynes was out, he should have had Rhodes shadow. Hughes just isn’t on that level to stop cooper.

-I didn’t think the pressure was too bad. 3rd down defense was terrible. I remember a 3rd and 14 and 3rd and 12 converted.

-cook is a freak. Mattison is a beast

-cousins played smart all game. Took what the defense gave him.

-Bisi is looking like a promising #3. We really need AT back. They are blanketing diggs every game now.

-the OL was giving up pressure quick. I though the interior played much better

-refs were fricken terrible. The holding on Harry was awful. The hands to the face on Hughes was terrible. These guys need to be held accountable

-excellent game called by stefanski. Outside of the pitch at the end. No need to pitch just hand it off
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Good:
* Excellent game. Better that we won but.. man, this is why the NFL is the number one sport in America.
* Kirk... great decision making all night. D
* Dozier: This guy should be starting over Pat. What kind of pictures does he have of Speilman and the WIlfs
* Cook and Chef - My new nickname for this combo. I wasnt the biggest Matt supporter and I will have a plate of crow. He plays better than his draft position and his time. This crow is sweet.

Bad: Defense failed to get big stops earlier in the game. Really wish we could pair our offense now with 2017's defense. Jezzz

Ugly: My blood pressure in the 4th quarter. The refs and their bum calls. The chat room when things got close. We turned on each other and its nasty.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:47 pm Observations:

- I think Zim playing more aggressive on D (showing blitz and bailing or blitzing) and making Dak beat them was smart. Why we don’t do that against Matt Moore and chase Daniels baffles me

- in a game where Waynes was out, he should have had Rhodes shadow. Hughes just isn’t on that level to stop cooper.

-I didn’t think the pressure was too bad. 3rd down defense was terrible. I remember a 3rd and 14 and 3rd and 12 converted.

-cook is a freak. Mattison is a beast

-cousins played smart all game. Took what the defense gave him.

-Bisi is looking like a promising #3. We really need AT back. They are blanketing diggs every game now.

-the OL was giving up pressure quick. I though the interior played much better

-refs were fricken terrible. The holding on Harry was awful. The hands to the face on Hughes was terrible. These guys need to be held accountable

-excellent game called by stefanski. Outside of the pitch at the end. No need to pitch just hand it off
Great points. Agree on all.
mael·strom

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Ben Goessling
@GoesslingStrib
2h
Sources said Linval Joseph -- who's out tonight with a knee injury, and is missing just his second game since 2015 -- had surgery on his meniscus this week. People I talked to seemed hopeful it won't be a long-term thing: strib.mn/36SkiTP

It come down to the last play but a big win!
Tark
Starter

Post by Tark »

Props to Kirk Cousins. I was looking for him to "prove me wrong" about his play against good teams in a prime time game and he played a great game. Cook continues to impress but the defense almost pulled another choke job at the end of the game. They somehow nutted up inside the red zone. Overall a very entertaining game even more so since we won. :v):
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Did you guys see pff rates Elf as the 7th best guard at his position? :whistle:
mael·strom

VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Dames, you won the bet, so here I go... :smilevike: :smilevike: :smilevike:

Great win by the Vikings tonight. They set the tone on offense all night, and that 2nd half drive where they scored on 4th down was really an amazing drive. If they can run like they did on that drive I like their chances to go deep into the playoffs. They found something that worked on the edges against a pretty good Cowboy defense and just pounded it down the field. That was old-school wrestler stuff and I LOVED it. The great teams can exert their will and the Vikings sure did it on that drive against a good run defense.

Switching to the defense, man, Kendricks was good. Yeah, it looked like he got burned on that crossing route TD, but he wasn't even supposed to be in that situation. It looked like some miscommunication by the Vikings after the snap. But what a play on that late pass breakup. Awesome. He covered the guy and found the ball.

Speaking of coverage, it was up-and-down for the secondary all night. While it seemed mostly down, there were several plays where the DBs could have had pick-6's and just missed. I thought overall, the Cowboys got away with a lot of push offs and yes, made a few good plays of their own including those two completely sick sideline catches, but overall, I don't think the secondary play was all that bad.

The Vikings front 7 deserves some serious kudos too for how well they contained Elliot, and while they didn't get Prescott down as much as I hoped, they did put some pretty good hits on him. Overall, I was thoroughly impressed with how well the front 7 played overall. Dallas did manage to pile up some passing yardage with some big plays (seemingly most on 3rd down), but the defense got some stops and, as I noted, were pretty close to a few big plays themselves.

Back to the offense and everyone's favorite whipping boy, I thought Cousins played a very solid game. He did overthrow Rudolph on the one deeper route, but he did a nice job keeping alive on other plays and, of course, had 2 really nice TD throws. I thought he played smart and calm and showed the leadership the offense needed.

For Cook and Mattison, I have to tip my hat. Both were superb, shedding tackles and keeping their feet moving. I came up with a new nickname for Mattison with my son - we started calling him MANitson for his ability to keep the pile moving and break tackles. What a 1-2 punch those two are when both are on.

Great win on the road in prime time game against a tough opponent. I thought the Vikings played a heck of a game after the disappointing loss at KC. They didn't catch a break today with the Packers winning, but are in great position heading into a home game against the Broncos and then their bye. Very excited to see what this team can do.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

First off. We WON!!! That's the bottom line. The most important thing.
We stopped Zeke. Awesome.
Kirk, congrats. You are the winning QB in a big prime game. Can't take that away from you tonight.
COOK is an absolute BEAST... and if u watches the post game interview, as always he is a very humble team guy.
D front.. you played great.
Secondary, not so great. Very inconsistent.
Kendricks.. you are the MVP of the D in my opinion.
Rudy... you were awesome tonight.
It was a heck of a game. We hung in there, kept battling and we got the W.
My summation... the NFL officials , well, officially SUCK!!!! I am SO SICK and TIRED of watching these idiots blow calls, favor certain teams.. G.B., cough, Dallas, hiccup, New England, fidget, . Its absolutely ridiculous how we watch them favor the darling teams, blow calls, and now just basically make their calls relying on instant replay to make their calls correct . I myself am sick and tired of it. My best friend and I, he is a Bears fan, texted during game about how on some of the obvious screw job calls against us, Collinsworth pretty much said they were terrible calls by actually remaining silent. Its ridiculous and I am sick of it. If I were a fan of one of the favored teams I wouldn't be upset, but man we get the screw job about every wk.
Ok enuff of that.
We won tonight. In a game that calk the "Experts " picked us to lose.
So, I'm gonna wallow in the happiness that we WON a Prime Time game. Enough said!!!
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
The negotiator
Backup

Post by The negotiator »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:43 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:42 pm

Good luck getting him to admit that.
That post capped off a perfect night. Thanks Kapp