Who had the best draft class of 2019 in the NFC North?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Who had the best draft class of 2019 in the NFC North?

Post by VikingsVictorious »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:52 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:12 am
I turned out to be right that we ended up better than the Bears despite getting swept by the Bears. The first loss was our worst game of the season and the second we didn't play our actual team. Looking at the first year impact of last years draft it was OK. If players like Samia, Udoh and Watts step up and Bradbury improves on a poor first year despite getting 16 starts I will consider it a good draft. This year will reveal a lot about the true value of last years draft.
Mattison was solid, but Bradbury was PFF's worst starting center in the NFL, Smith caught for about 200 yards, and Samia barely played.

We didn't get better in 2019 as much as the Bears' QB regressed, and Hicks got hurt. If Turdbiscuit isn't the worst QB full time starting QB in the NFL, they probably still have a shot at the WC over us, even with Hicks' injury.

However, all 4 of those guys can, and probably will improve this year, making a larger impact on the team. Which is what we realistically should be hoping for with all the draft picks that are going to need to start this coming season. Maybe they don't play as good as the guy they replaced in 2020, but in 2021 we should be a better team.
Solid take. Maybe PFF rated Bradbury the worst starting center, but at least he was a starting center. Smith and Mattison both looked good. For a 7th rounder Bisi was OK and the jury is very out on the rest, but some definite potential. I almost forgot to mention the long snapper extraordinaire Cutting.