Garrett Bradbury Scouting Report

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Garrett Bradbury Scouting Report

Post by dead_poet »

I wouldn't be upset picking him in R1. Seems a perfect match.

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/n ... ssion=true
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: Garrett Bradbury Scouting Report

Post by VikingLord »

Spielman could, if he's feeling really daring, take another position at #18 and try to move up into the early part of the 2nd to get him too, as I suspect he's going to drop a bit both because of the position he plays and because he's not the biggest guy. I don't think Bradbury makes it past the first 10 picks of the 2nd round, though, so Spielman would have to be willing to trade up in that scenario.

Taking him at #18 works too, though. Not ideal, but I think Bradbury probably anchors the OL for whatever team takes him for a solid 10 years.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

VikingLord wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:04 am Spielman could, if he's feeling really daring, take another position at #18 and try to move up into the early part of the 2nd to get him too, as I suspect he's going to drop a bit both because of the position he plays and because he's not the biggest guy. I don't think Bradbury makes it past the first 10 picks of the 2nd round, though, so Spielman would have to be willing to trade up in that scenario.

Taking him at #18 works too, though. Not ideal, but I think Bradbury probably anchors the OL for whatever team takes him for a solid 10 years.
I just don't see much of a chance that they'll take an interior OL in round 1, especially in a draft where there are guys like Ben Powers, Drew Samia and Ryan Bates, who might be available in the 5th round. And although I like Bradbury, McKoy or Linstrom a few picks later and without having to trade up are also very appealing.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Kind of interesting to see these threads in hindsight.

I think Bradbury had his ups and downs this year, especially early. He seemed to struggle quite a bit when the Vikings played on shorter weeks and against the more explosive interior rushers he faced.

Still, I'm happy with his play overall. I think he improved the play at center and has room to improve further. Put him next to a better guard on his left side and I think things improve even more. Jones was pretty solid to the right side, but we'll see if an offseason of development produces any competition for that spot.