2nd Quarter Predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

What will the Vikings record be for the second quarter of the season?

0-4
No votes
1-3
No votes
2-2
11%
3-1
43%
4-0
46%

Total votes: 37

IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Re: 2nd Quarter Predictions

Post by IrishViking »

I am looking forward to the Texans game. Classic defense focused football.

QB stat lines where they are lucky to break 200 and either have no TD/INT or one of each.

I THINK the Viking will eek it out but the Texans are better than I think even their fans give them credit for. the Patriot game was definitely an anomaly not the "Emperor has no clothes"
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

I just realized that the game will be shown locally here in DFW. :beerock: :banana:

As an out of state fan, that's the best aspect of their early success--more nationally televised games.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Texas Vike wrote:I just realized that the game will be shown locally here in DFW. :beerock: :banana:

As an out of state fan, that's the best aspect of their early success--more nationally televised games.
I cannot recall, even when Farve was here, having this many NON noon kickoffs. Every other week so far, either Sunday or Monday night. Its crazy. I expect some of the later games this season will be flexed if any of those teams are in the hunt or a good storyline is there.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

IrishViking wrote:I am looking forward to the Texans game. Classic defense focused football.

QB stat lines where they are lucky to break 200 and either have no TD/INT or one of each.

I THINK the Viking will eek it out but the Texans are better than I think even their fans give them credit for. the Patriot game was definitely an anomaly not the "Emperor has no clothes"

It looks that way. they'll be a "tough out" but I'm looking forward to the defensive showdown too.

Watch, the final score will probably be 42-38. :)
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Mothman wrote:
It looks that way. they'll be a "tough out" but I'm looking forward to the defensive showdown too.

Watch, the final score will probably be 42-38. :)

followed by the Defenses shutting out their opponents the follow week.

That sounds like the NFL.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

IrishViking wrote:Things cant fall our way every week. A few guys on defense will have a down game the same time Bradford makes a couple of reasonable and expected ball security errors. Any team in the league can win if you turn it over and play bad D. I expect atleast two losses.
IrishViking wrote:I dont think we are going to have a stinker I just think we are going to have one of those games were Griffen looks flat a smith blows a coverage and Bradford throws an interception. ALL NFL teams are good enough to win if you let them.
Which is it?

At least two losses?

Or one of those games?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I put 3-1 because the Texans and Eagles are both trap games IMO

I will take 7-1 into eight games ... especially if the Packers loss another game or two.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Which is it?

At least two losses?

Or one of those games?

I don't understand? "One of those games" was a descriptors in the vein of "having one of those days". I expect two losses for the year and for them to happen in just "one of those games" where nothing seems to go right.

Did you just try and catch me in a "flip-flop lie" on a sports message board thread? :lol:
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

IrishViking wrote:
I don't understand? "One of those games" was a descriptors in the vein of "having one of those days". I expect two losses for the year and for them to happen in just "one of those games" where nothing seems to go right.

Did you just try and catch me in a "flip-flop lie" on a sports message board thread? :lol:
Just messin' with ya!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Anybody else extremely nervous about the Clenmings vs. Clowney matchup? Especially with no Morgan/Ellison help. Clowney could be the "X-factor" for the Texans.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:Anybody else extremely nervous about the Clenmings vs. Clowney matchup? Especially with no Morgan/Ellison help. Clowney could be the "X-factor" for the Texans.

That'd definitely worrisome. I'm guessing they will give Clemmings quite a bit of help in protection.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

If there was ever a time to be optimistic, the time is now!!!! 4-0 Reminds me of the 75 team a bit
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:Anybody else extremely nervous about the Clenmings vs. Clowney matchup? Especially with no Morgan/Ellison help. Clowney could be the "X-factor" for the Texans.
Considering your hate for Clemmings, i would say it is affecting you more than tge rest of us.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Yes especially if Diggs doesn't play. Sam is good at getting rid of the ball quickly but that also requires someone to get open. Will be nice in CP, Wright or Treadwell step up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Considering your hate for Clemmings, i would say it is affecting you more than tge rest of us.
I don't "hate" him. I just don't think he's a good offensive tackle (yet). Going up against a beast like Clowney seems like a recipe for bad things.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly