Vikings OL and GM discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings OL and GM discussion

Post by chicagopurple »

I still find it very poor planning that Spielman assumed that Sully was going to play again let alone start. Given hisinjuries and surgical history, that was really a long shot and he needed to bring in a new starter at that position, and let Sully prove himself better. Instead, he went passive and reacted rather then acting proactively. Also, he has GOT to get over his endless faith in Kalil.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

chicagopurple wrote:I still find it very poor planning that Spielman assumed that Sully was going to play again let alone start. Given hisinjuries and surgical history, that was really a long shot and he needed to bring in a new starter at that position, and let Sully prove himself better. Instead, he went passive and reacted rather then acting proactively. Also, he has GOT to get over his endless faith in Kalil.

Past aside, I thought Kalil played a fine game last week? It remains to be seen if he can keep it up but those kinds of game I think build the benefit of the doubt he has worked under.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Mothman wrote: :lol: That's a great analogy.

I really wonder why they didn't audible away from some of those runs against stacked fronts on Sunday. Maybe that's an adjustment we'll see this week.
It seems like we should be starting Bradford if Hill isn't given the opportunity to audible out of a terrible situation. Isn't that where Hill should have the advantage?
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

chicagopurple wrote:I still find it very poor planning that Spielman assumed that Sully was going to play again let alone start. Given hisinjuries and surgical history, that was really a long shot and he needed to bring in a new starter at that position, and let Sully prove himself better. Instead, he went passive and reacted rather then acting proactively. Also, he has GOT to get over his endless faith in Kalil.

what would you have done differently in regards to the center position? berger was the fall back plan, and he's a pretty good one based on how he played last season and week one of this season. we also have young developmental nick easton who we acquired in the gerald hodges trade last year. they gave sullivan a shot and it didn't work. he got cut before the season so we didn't lose any additional money. also with what we have tied up financially in the line it's not like were going to sign another center. not sure what your complaint is.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote: To his left? There appears to be no opportunity for a cutback in that direction at all.

http://giphy.com/gifs/3oz8xVV4aiosUH7ld ... =tag_click

PS.) How do I share a GIF here so it plays rather than just showing up as a link?
Try the [img] tags. I tried to edit but it didn't show up but that might be my work firewall.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

S197 wrote: Try the Image

You need to copy the link off the image (right-click - copy image address) then use the IMG tags. Like:

Code: Select all

[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xVV4aiosUH7lde/giphy.gif[/img]
Damian
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Dames wrote: Image

You need to copy the link off the image (right-click - copy image address) then use the IMG tags. Like:

Code: Select all

[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xVV4aiosUH7lde/giphy.gif[/img]

A-ha! Thanks, Dames (and Landon). I appreciate the info!
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Mothman wrote:A-ha! Thanks, Dames (and Landon). I appreciate the info!
You're welcome. Although, I really didn't care to see that GIF anymore. :wallbang:
Damian
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

How much is it affecting the offensive Line only having Kalil playing on game day?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Dames wrote: You're welcome. Although, I really didn't care to see that GIF anymore. :wallbang:
:lol:
halfgiz wrote:How much is it affecting the offensive Line only having Kalil playing on game day?
It's hard to say after just one game but it can't help.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Mothman wrote:
It's hard to say after just one game but it can't help.
yeah, that much is certain but at the same time, if it's the only way Kalil can be kind of healthy I guess you have to go that route, he wasn't bad last week.