Week 11 Predictions: Vikings vs Packers

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Momma said Green Bay is the devil!

I think it's fair to say that there is no other team that we love beating more than the Packers. We have a chance to stick a boot in their teeth and really make them fight to get back into the chase down the stretch (while also elevating ourselves in the playoff picture). This game is going to be rowdy. I am so freaking ready for this week.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Week 11 Predictions: Vikings vs Packers

Post by IrishViking »

As a Viking fan I have been waiting for reality to hit and this has all the makings of the heart wrenching return to earth we are accustomed to. I personally predicted a 5 game win streak up to now and had total confidence barring a brief flash mid Raiders game. But here's where I get off. I think we lose a somewhat close game and the forum implodes.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

I don't have an actual prediction yet, I will by the middle of the week. I am one of the biggest homers on here. I believe this team can win every game, and I pick them to just about every week. However, at this point it's hard for me to see the Packers losing 4 straight games. I would have been a lot more confident in the Vikings winning next Sunday if the Packers had won today. Going back to the preseason predictions I had the Vikings winning this one. In the 3rd quarter prediction thread I had the Vikings winning this one. But seeing how things have played out the last few weeks I have doubts now. I'll sleep on it and get back to this in a few days.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

The Packers are a dangerous team when they are wounded, and they are right now. Wounded enough to light a fire under there ####? We will see.

If you get the late game Packers that led rallies against the Panthers and Lions, it will be a tough game, if you get the pre late 4th quarter Packers, well, then consider yourself 2 games up.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

On a scale of 0-100 in terms of playoff importance, the Vikings-Packers game next week is currently a 109.

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Haven't watched a Packer game yet. Is Rodgers missing Jordy that much or is it something else? What happened to their defense?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

808vikingsfan wrote:Haven't watched a Packer game yet. Is Rodgers missing Jordy that much or is it something else? What happened to their defense?
Its not getting much attention, but honestly Rodgers has just been off for roughly the last 4 games, we aren't making the plays that we usually make and its costing us valuable wins.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Jordysghost wrote: Its not getting much attention, but honestly Rodgers has just been off for roughly the last 4 games, we aren't making the plays that we usually make and its costing us valuable wins.
OFF? Jay Cutler has had a better four games. That's how off Rodgers is.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Haven't watched a Packer game yet. Is Rodgers missing Jordy that much or is it something else? What happened to their defense?

I have watched about half of their games. The first game of the season Jones (who they picked back up via free agency)

started the season great. then really did little on a consistent basis. The first 5-6 games their defense was solid

and then it seemed totally opposite. The second best wide out Cobb has suffered nagging injuries most of the season.

Lacy looks like he put on 20 pounds and has no burst, at all. It seemed like once Rodgers threw that first pick in

forever the offense just got stuck in Narina, or something. Stark's got a chance to start but really did little this week.

Personally the team seems to be stuck in quicksand and just seems flustered and trying to hard IMO.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

808vikingsfan wrote:Haven't watched a Packer game yet. Is Rodgers missing Jordy that much or is it something else? What happened to their defense?
I've seen them the last few weeks, rodgers is just off, which is why this game coming up worries me. He's not gonna be off forever. Lacy downing a gallon of lard doesn't help either. WTF happened to him?
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Vikings win and win big. 34-17
The defense is going to be dominant at home, AP is gonna have a huge game, teddy will be teddy, and rudolph CATCHES THE DAMN BALL!

I really am not to worried about the packers, Rodgers doesn't look like himself, not at all.
I mean c'mon they just lost to the lions in green bay, a Lions team that we dominated twice.
Rodgers is gonna get sacked a lot, he will probably start crying.... I really thought he was gonna cry yesterday.
Last edited by Norv Zimmer on Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Vikings win and win big. 34-17
The defense is going to be dominant at home, AP is gonna have a huge game, teddy will be teddy, and rudolph CATCHES THE DAMN BALL!

I really am not to worried about the packers, Rodgers doesn't look like himself, not at all.
I mean c'mon they just lost to the lions in green bay, a Lions team that we dominated twice.
Any given Sunday...

I am not confident here either, but i haven't been for a while and they keep winning. Like some have said, Rodgers is not going to be off forever, and he usually comes back even better than before. I expect to see a very different Aaron Rodgers next week.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I'm shocked by how unexcited we are for this game! I thought there would be more enthusiasm but the general consensus is that we should be scared of Green Bay's shadow.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

DK Sweets wrote:I'm shocked by how unexcited we are for this game! I thought there would be more enthusiasm but the general consensus is that we should be scared of Green Bay's shadow.
We're still on page 1 of your thread, DK. :) Give some more fans time to chime in! For example:

I actually feel good about this matchup. The Vikes will be at home. Peterson's hitting his stride and the same can be said for the defense. The Packers aren't the same team on the road and they're struggling in areas the Vikes should be able to exploit. I don't expect an easy win at all but I think the Vikings defense can keep Rodgers off his game for another week and Peterson can have another big performance against the Packers. If the Vikes avoid turnovers and get enough out of their passing offense to complement those other aspects of their game, I think they will seize a two game lead in the NFC North on Sunday..

Put simply, I'm not scared. I am feeling confident (and enthused!) about this game. This is where the team really starts being tested and I'm looking forward to seeing how they respond.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Jordysghost wrote:The Packers are a dangerous team when they are wounded, and they are right now. Wounded enough to light a fire under there ####? We will see.

If you get the late game Packers that led rallies against the Panthers and Lions, it will be a tough game, if you get the pre late 4th quarter Packers, well, then consider yourself 2 games up.
I could almost explain the Detroit game as the Packers taking Detroit too casually (Detroit was 1-7, the Pack are playing at home, etc). But... this next game is going to be against the Vikings (who now hold a 1 game lead in the division) and I don't see anything coming from the Packers other than their best effort. I still maintain the upcoming game will be a true test of whether or not our defense is 'for real.' I will predict a Viking win: 27-24, but I am in no way confident of that. Looking forward to what I think will be a good game...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!