2015 NFL Combine Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Foghorn Leghorn
Veteran

Re: 2015 NFL Combine Thread

Post by Foghorn Leghorn »

3 round mock I would be happy with
http://draftscout247.com
:v):
GO IRISH!
GO VIKES!
"When you're rich you don't write checks"- Randy Moss
JD_Fiction
Backup

Post by JD_Fiction »

Rather have Jay Ajayi in that 3rd round but besides that i would love it, Too bad Kevin White will most likely be the first WR off the board now.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

JD_Fiction wrote:Rather have Jay Ajayi in that 3rd round but besides that i would love it, Too bad Kevin White will most likely be the first WR off the board now.
Yes I like Ajayi. He's fourth on my list behind Gordon, Gurley and Coleman
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
JD_Fiction
Backup

Post by JD_Fiction »

With Coleman and Gurley being injured it almost makes me want Jay more than both. Any of the 4 would be a very solid way to move on from AD, all studs IMO. :rock:
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

JD_Fiction wrote:With Coleman and Gurley being injured it almost makes me want Jay more than both. Any of the 4 would be a very solid way to move on from AD, all studs IMO. :rock:
The one good thing about them being injured though...there is a better chance we could get them at a cheap price. Gurley was a sure 1st round RB and still could be but will probably fall to the second now. Same goes for Coleman who could fall to the 3-4 round range. That's great value if we could get either of those guys there if you ask me
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

NDirish wrote:3 round mock I would be happy with
http://draftscout247.com
:v):
Its early but that's a strange one to me. Beasley lasts until 21? Clemings until the second round? Kikaha is not a fit for Zimmer's scheme. Small DE who wins with speed instead of collapsing the pocket, and too tight to have any position flexibility.

I'll be shocked if it goes anything close this way.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Foghorn Leghorn
Veteran

fiestavike wrote: Its early but that's a strange one to me. Beasley lasts until 21? Clemings until the second round? Kikaha is not a fit for Zimmer's scheme. Small DE who wins with speed instead of collapsing the pocket, and too tight to have any position flexibility.

I'll be shocked if it goes anything close this way.
I think Clemmings can for sure fall to the second, most have Peat, scherff and Collins above him.
GO IRISH!
GO VIKES!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

NDirish wrote: I think Clemmings can for sure fall to the second, most have Peat, scherff and Collins above him.
If it played out that way I would go Beasley in R1, Clemmings in R2, and Stephone Anthony in R3.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Foghorn Leghorn
Veteran

We have higher priorities to go after in the 1st than a pass rusher imo.
Corner being one of them, Tackle, WR too.
Get a developmental pass rusher in the later rounds, someone like orchard
GO IRISH!
GO VIKES!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

NDirish wrote:We have higher priorities to go after in the 1st than a pass rusher imo.
I'm drafting him to play OLB in that scenario, which is really where I see him excelling.

It gives you 3 day 1 starters each with a ton of upside.

In reality I am confident Beasley will be gone by 11, Clemmings will be gone before the start of the 2nd round, and Anthony will not be there when we pick in the 3rd.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

NDirish wrote:We have higher priorities to go after in the 1st than a pass rusher imo.

I think there is great merit with flexibility in this regard. If there is a seriously disruptive edge rusher or freak DT available at our pick I think it would be something to really consider.

As much as I want a strong back end and LB core...a dominant defensive front that makes QBs stressed makes everyone behind them that much better. I don't know if that guy is in this draft or not.

Also a guy with a dominate skill set on the line can come in a be a game changer from day 1 whereas CB and even WR to a lesser degree, usually takes more than 2 seasons to learn the position.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

The Breeze wrote:
I think there is great merit with flexibility in this regard. If there is a seriously disruptive edge rusher or freak DT available at our pick I think it would be something to really consider.

As much as I want a strong back end and LB core...a dominant defensive front that makes QBs stressed makes everyone behind them that much better. I don't know if that guy is in this draft or not.

Also a guy with a dominate skill set on the line can come in a be a game changer from day 1 whereas CB and even WR to a lesser degree, usually takes more than 2 seasons to learn the position.
I agree. And I wonder what Rick would do if a guy like Gregory, Shelton, Ray or Beasely was still on the board (Leonard Williams will be long gone).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Foghorn Leghorn
Veteran

Gregory under zimmer wouldn't be fair.
I wanna see what he can do with Byron Jones, the combine warrior of 2015.
GO IRISH!
GO VIKES!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

NDirish wrote:Gregory under zimmer wouldn't be fair
:lol:

Screw fair. I want Rodgers' helmet tucked under the turf ostrich-style.

Repeatedly.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Foghorn Leghorn
Veteran

dead_poet wrote: :lol:

Screw fair. I want Rodgers' helmet tucked under the turf ostrich-style.

Repeatedly.
:rock:
GO IRISH!
GO VIKES!