Bears @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 17

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Bears @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 17

Post by 808vikingsfan »

whew.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
cromulus
Backup

Post by cromulus »

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Nice win. solid defense. Offense did just enough to win.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Defense played great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

We didn't finish in the cellar, and we beat a division rival.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

cromulus wrote:Image
lmaoooo great sack dance
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Nice way to end the season, defense does a great job keeping the Bears out of the endzone and Teddy making some nice throws downfield.
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:We didn't finish in the cellar, and we beat a division rival.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Ravens get an INT and looks like a playoff berth.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Congrats to the Vikes for improving their record over 2013's finish by 1.5 wins but I thought that was a pretty unimpressive victory against a barely competent team with one foot (collectively) out the door. I was hoping for a better finish to the season. At least they got the win! Some Vikings played very hard (Asiata, Cole, Hodges) but overall, that was pretty lackluster football. The Bears couldn't get out of their own way and the Vikes still couldn't put the game away until the final minutes of the 4th quarter.

Listening to Stockton and Quinn, I felt like I was watching the Senior Bowl. It was obvious they came into this game between two teams with no playoff hopes intent on making youth and future potential talking points. They were talking up young players even on unimpressive plays.

Congrats to Matt Forte for breaking an NFL record. I've always liked him.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Mothman wrote:Congrats to the Vikes for improving their record over 2013's finish by 1.5 wins but I thought that was a pretty unimpressive victory against a barely competent team with one foot (collectively) out the door. I was hoping for a better finish to the season. At least they got the win! Some Vikings played very hard (Asiata, Cole, Hodges) but overall, that was pretty lackluster football. The Bears couldn't get out of their own way and the Vikes still couldn't put the game away until the final minutes of the 4th quarter.

Listening to Stockton and Quinn, I felt like I was watching the Senior Bowl. It was obvious they came into this game between two teams with no playoff hopes intent on making youth and future potential talking points. They were talking up young players even on unimpressive plays.

That sums it up pretty well.

Wouldn't mind having a younger Forte to go along with Asiata next year.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mothman wrote:Congrats to the Vikes for improving their record over 2013's finish by 1.5 wins but I thought that was a pretty unimpressive victory against a barely competent team with one foot (collectively) out the door. I was hoping for a better finish to the season. At least they got the win! Some Vikings played very hard (Asiata, Cole, Hodges) but overall, that was pretty lackluster football. The Bears couldn't get out of their own way and the Vikes still couldn't put the game away until the final minutes of the 4th quarter.

Sourpuss. :lol:
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sourpuss. :lol:
+1

:lol:

J/k, Moth.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Sourpuss. :lol:
:lol: Yeah, I suppose I am but that wasn't a particularly fine example of what the NFL has to offer.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

It will be interesting to see what the Vikings do with Cole as he'll be in a contract year in 2015. He looked solid in pass defense and pretty good in run defense (I did see one missed tackle). He's obviously on the field because of injuries but I think part of today was taking a look at some of the younger guys, the potential "building blocks." I think it's time to move away from Greenway, his $7.1MM cap hit will be too much next year unless he restructures. I think between Cole and Hodges, you have a good fight for one starter position and also some depth. MLB still needs to be addressed.

On another note, I'm glad this officiating crew let the secondary play more physical. Rhodes did a great job shadowing Jeffrey, who only had 2 catches, neither of which were really of big impact. I kind've wish Marshall played today, I would have liked to see how Zimmer would have dealt with the duo after the first game.