This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Miami Dolphins

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Demi
Commissioner

Re: This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Miami Dolphins

Post by Demi »

I root for whatever I feel is best for my team.

To each their own I guess.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Demi wrote:Hope we lose out and finish fourth.
Need this week schedule again.
:smilevike:
But Demi, you do realize that we play the AFC West next year right? Depending on how we finishing the division, we will either draw the Giants or the Redskins next year. This schedule next year doesn't get any easier. Why not win out the last two games and build momentum for next year? Sure, it may cost us a couple of draft spots, but with a young team like this, you need to win as much as possible and try to build momentum. Besides, at this juncture, what is the big difference between picking 11th and say, 16th? This draft isn't that loaded outside of the top ten, and we will not have a top ten pick regardless.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Temperature on Sunday is supposed to be 78 with a 10mph breeze from the ocean. So it should be a good day for football. Not real hot.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Demi wrote:I root for whatever I feel is best for my team.

To each their own I guess.
Us losing out isn't really going to determine a whole lot for us next year. Most of it is already set in stone. I feel like its a lose-lose situation with you either way. If we win out, you would complain that we don't get a higher draft pick and scheduling which doesn't even matter. If we lose out, it gives you more reason to complain that the team sucks, the GM sucks, we have no talent, etc.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Us losing out isn't really going to determine a whole lot for us next year. Most of it is already set in stone. I feel like its a lose-lose situation with you either way. If we win out, you would complain that we don't get a higher draft pick and scheduling which doesn't even matter. If we lose out, it gives you more reason to complain that the team sucks, the GM sucks, we have no talent, etc.
Don't take the bait :yawn:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Except... :confused:

Knock down your own straw men. This year is done. We aren't making the playoffs. We can A) Win out and get a tougher schedule and worse draft pick or B) Lose out and get a better draft pick and weaker schedule.

I know which is better for the team, do you? :roll:
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I think the psychological impact of winning our final 2 games is more about the fans than the players. If we can finish strong, the fans are more likely to be optimistic heading into next year (and fan support, especially at home, has an impact on the energy level of the team. You can argue whether it SHOULD, but it is difficult to argue if it DOES). I think the schedule/draft pick analysis is one worth discussing, but in my opinion, the emotional aspect of "Did we really just choke down the stretch to the Bears/Did we we really go 0-6 in the division?" Would be more than picking up to 5 slots lower and facing a different team.

But remember: just because we play a team in 2015 that was bad this year, they are not guaranteed to be bad next year.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

DKSweets wrote:I think the psychological impact of winning our final 2 games is more about the fans than the players. If we can finish strong, the fans are more likely to be optimistic heading into next year (and fan support, especially at home, has an impact on the energy level of the team. You can argue whether it SHOULD, but it is difficult to argue if it DOES). I think the schedule/draft pick analysis is one worth discussing, but in my opinion, the emotional aspect of "Did we really just choke down the stretch to the Bears/Did we we really go 0-6 in the division?" Would be more than picking up to 5 slots lower and facing a different team.

But remember: just because we play a team in 2015 that was bad this year, they are not guaranteed to be bad next year.
Exactly, and just because a team picks 5 spots higher, it doesn't mean they'll end up with a better player.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Demi wrote:Except... :confused:

Knock down your own straw men. This year is done. We aren't making the playoffs. We can A) Win out and get a tougher schedule and worse draft pick or B) Lose out and get a better draft pick and weaker schedule.

I know which is better for the team, do you? :roll:
The scheduling isn't going to matter enough to say so so I don't understand why you continue to bring it up. As for draft picks....there isn't a whole lot of difference talent wise between picks 10-20. Bottom line is, the team isn't going to lose out on purpose like you think they should so you might as well just get over that. I'm rooting for my team to win, like I always do.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: The scheduling isn't going to matter enough to say so so I don't understand why you continue to bring it up. As for draft picks....there isn't a whole lot of difference talent wise between picks 10-20. Bottom line is, the team isn't going to lose out on purpose like you think they should so you might as well just get over that. I'm rooting for my team to win, like I always do.
It's just not worth arguing about with him. He has been rooting for his team to lose the last games for years, as if he magically knows the exact spot the guy we the most will drop. I LOVE watching the Vikings win. Puts me in a really good mood. I didn't expect them to win the SB this year, but now, it seems, there really is, always next year.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:It's just not worth arguing about with him. He has been rooting for his team to lose the last games for years, as if he magically knows the exact spot the guy we the most will drop. I LOVE watching the Vikings win. Puts me in a really good mood. I didn't expect them to win the SB this year, but now, it seems, there really is, always next year.

Great post! One of the best this season. :thumbsup:

I appreciate your attitude on the subject. You're right. It's a thrill to watch the Vikings win - period. And there is reason for hope next year.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

My best friend is a Dolphins fans along with a few others I know. Team pride is on the line. Go Vikes!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote: It's just not worth arguing about with him. He has been rooting for his team to lose the last games for years, as if he magically knows the exact spot the guy we the most will drop. I LOVE watching the Vikings win. Puts me in a really good mood. I didn't expect them to win the SB this year, but now, it seems, there really is, always next year.
Yeah I hear ya. I agree that when the Vikings win, it puts me in a great mood. When they lose you and I are always good for a few battles. That's when our tempers start to flare :wink: No matter what, I always like to see my team win no matter if we have 0 wins or 15 wins. The draft will play itself out. I'm not worried whatsoever
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

A preview of the game from Kevin Siefert and James Walker:

Vikings vs. Dolphins preview
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: It's just not worth arguing about with him. He has been rooting for his team to lose the last games for years, as if he magically knows the exact spot the guy we the most will drop. I LOVE watching the Vikings win. Puts me in a really good mood. I didn't expect them to win the SB this year, but now, it seems, there really is, always next year.
I root for them to win, when it matters. It doesn't now. And the idea that playing the 4th place finisher isn't an advantage? Yeah, there's always next year, which is even more positive if you've got a higher pick and a weaker schedule. Oh wait, nevermind, lower picks and tougher opponents is preferred I guess? :confused:

And as far as knowing where a player will drop. I will repeat what I said before. EVERY player was available with an earlier pick than where they were drafted, in EVERY draft. The same can't be said for players being available at picks later then where they were drafted...

We lost to the Lions last week. Did that really ruin your day/week? Did you really feel that bad? I sure didn't. It'd be different if that meant missing a wild card spot. But it doesn't, so yeah I'd prefer my team lost, because it's in the best interest of the team in multiple ways. But I guess the players feel good about themselves if they win, maybe Zimmer can give them some gold stars...