A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 117.6

Post by Texas Vike »

mosscarter wrote:what is perhaps the most impressive is that he is doing all of this with basically NO running game and a banged up line. i'm really impressed with charles johnson what a pleasant surprise he has been.

I agree. We get him a better OL, a RB, and one more WR option and he'll look even better. He's showing real promise lately.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: But the rest of his stats do. High completion percentage, was already over 200 yards previous to Wrights TD, threw a beautiful deep ball to Johnson, stood in the pocket for Johnson's "almost TD", etc. No matter what way you look at it, he played very good today
Nobody is saying he didn't play very good today. I'm just saying in general stats alone seldom tell the whole story.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Purple Reign wrote: Nobody is saying he didn't play very good today. I'm just saying in general stats alone seldom tell the whole story.
It wasn't any more clearer than when the announcers were comparing the two QB's stats today. Both had an INT. But no mention of how different the INTs were. One was a pick 6. The other was a hail mary to end a half.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

so what wright made a great catch and run, it happens. that is all harvin did for two full seasons for ponder.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

808vikingsfan wrote:
It wasn't any more clearer than when the announcers were comparing the two QB's stats today. Both had an INT. But no mention of how different the INTs were. One was a pick 6. The other was a hail mary to end a half.
Yeah that was annoying. "These two young QBs have nearly identical numbers. Each have 1 TD and 1 INT." When Teddy really had 2 TDs and an INT that was absolutely pointless.

I feel like half of the VMB would be better announcers than most of these idiots.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I like Johnson but the one thing I continue to notice about him is that he is a lazy route runner. I've seen way too many routes where he slows up or even stops his route. Watch Rudolph's TD last week. He gave up on the final play vs Chicago as well. There have been others as well because I continue to point it out when I watch these games. I hope he can fix this or the coaches notice it
He must have deceptive speed... he is WIDE open many times throughout the game, and not just this game. He is the only receiver who has ever been consistently able to beat coverage this season.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Purple Reign wrote:
Nobody is saying he didn't play very good today.
Never said anyone did
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
He must have deceptive speed... he is WIDE open many times throughout the game, and not just this game. He is the only receiver who has ever been consistently able to beat coverage this season.
Either way, it's not a good thing if you're continuing to stop your routes. He's been getting open but just because you don't think the ball is coming your way, you just don't stop your route
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

PurpleMustReign wrote:He must have deceptive speed... he is WIDE open many times throughout the game, and not just this game. He is the only receiver who has ever been consistently able to beat coverage this season.

I don't know how deceptive his speed is. Johnson runs a 4.3/40. Because he played Division II ball, he wasn't invited to the combine. But scouts knew about him.

What we're seeing is a hard working young man who is finally healthy and getting his chance. I'm hoping we're seeing just the beginning of what he can do.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

117.6 and probably another Rookie Of The Week candidate.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Ardenn
Backup

Post by Ardenn »

808vikingsfan wrote:117.6 and probably another Rookie Of The Week candidate.
Candidate maybe, but Derek Carr wins this one, easily.
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

Ardenn wrote: Candidate maybe, but Derek Carr wins this one, easily.

why easily? Bridgewater threw for more yards, the same number of TDs (counting the Charles Johnson fumble). Carr had a better completion percentage and didn't throw a meaningless INT on the last play of the game.

I think it's a pretty even battle, depends who's fans rally more and vote for em
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

saint33 wrote:
why easily? Bridgewater threw for more yards, the same number of TDs (counting the Charles Johnson fumble). Carr had a better completion percentage and didn't throw a meaningless INT on the last play of the game.

I think it's a pretty even battle, depends who's fans rally more and vote for em
I would lean towards Carr because Teddy won it last week and Oakland was a major underdog this week after getting crushed last week while the Vikings went against a supposedly much easier team this week. Plus people voting that didn't see the game just look at the stats and see that Carr had 3 tds to Teddy's 2 and Teddy had an int while Carr didn't have one.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

mosscarter wrote:what is perhaps the most impressive is that he is doing all of this with basically NO running game and a banged up line. i'm really impressed with charles johnson what a pleasant surprise he has been.
OK I don't hesitate to criticize Slick Rick for what I think are some busts (won't get into those specifics in a positive thread). But since I do that I have to give him credit for finding this diamond in the rough....and late round pick and Packers castoff. Nice nice pickup.
Last edited by VikingPaul73 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

maembe wrote:Is it bad that I get really annoyed when things that have no impact on the game negatively affect Teddy's stats (the fumble td and hail mary int)? Even if it has no bearing on how well Teddy actually played, I really want the people who didn't watch the game to be impressed with his stats.
I'm glad he got the pick on the hail mary.....it shows he is a team player and cares more about giving his team a chance to win that his own stats.

There are SOOOOOOOOOO many NFL QBs who conveniently throw that hail mary out of bounds/out of the end zone. They don't want the pick on their stats.

Missed the entire game because I had to work 14 hours today :steamed: Hope to see the replay this week on NFL network. Sounds like I missed a good one