#1 Offseason Priority?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

What position should be #1 pick next year

LT
28%
LG
19%
MLB
14%
WR
36%
QB
3%

Total votes: 36

720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: #1 Offseason Priority?

Post by 720pete »

#1 priority, LT and then DB. Really we need another big DB. I don't understand how we can play against Alshon Jeffrey, Brandon Marshall, Calvin Johnson, Jordy Nelson, and Randall Cobb year in and year out and not put a bigger emphasis on Defensive backs.

Also I think after 11 games that our weaknesses and strengths are fully known at this point. Really the only intriguing story lines left are how Teddy plays the rest of the season, how Charles Johnson does, and whether Ben Tate steps up.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

At least on a QB. TB has shown me nothing but inconsistency. In the final quarter of most games that he has played he starts making throws that a good high school QB can make and the other three quarters are bull crap. I see nothing in him or his future.
With the NFL Ticket I manage to catch portions of most all the games and believe you me I see NOTHING special about TB. From a rookie to a 2-3 year QB he is below average at best.
I had high hopes for him but I watch him playing week after week making the same crappy throws, staring down receivers, turning the ball over :wallbang: Then watch him go over to the bench and sit there with a dumb look on his face, seldom if ever talking to any of his teamates and that makes me sick. I want a fiery leader out there playing with poise and passion!!
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Vette3434
Backup

Post by Vette3434 »

VikingPaul73 wrote: I don't know. Coming out of college I thought Kalil's strengths were technique and finesse, more suited to the outside than the inside. I just don't think Kalil is strong enough to handle the likes of Suh.

Also, to me a lot of his problems seem mental.....I think the guy is just not NFL material. I don't think I'd even want him as a backup to be honest. But we will see.
Yeah, and now the confrontation from yesterday. He's a Douchbag. I only want players who want to be here and who want to give 110%. I doubt both for Kalil. I think if he had heart and wasn't a DB the plan above could work.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Amari Cooper anyone? I think he could be available. Vikes sorely need a MLB. WR, QB, OT, OG, RB, DB. Take your pick.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Purple bruise wrote:At least on a QB. TB has shown me nothing but inconsistency. In the final quarter of most games that he has played he starts making throws that a good high school QB can make and the other three quarters are bull crap. I see nothing in him or his future.
With the NFL Ticket I manage to catch portions of most all the games and believe you me I see NOTHING special about TB. From a rookie to a 2-3 year QB he is below average at best.
I had high hopes for him but I watch him playing week after week making the same crappy throws, staring down receivers, turning the ball over :wallbang: Then watch him go over to the bench and sit there with a dumb look on his face, seldom if ever talking to any of his teamates and that makes me sick. I want a fiery leader out there playing with poise and passion!!
I say we resign Chris Ponder, and hand the reigns over to him.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

frosted wrote:I say we resign Chris Ponder, and hand the reigns over to him.
This probably isn't the right season to post this but...

That's a paddlin'
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Mothman wrote: This probably isn't the right season to post this but...

That's a paddlin'
Hahaha, I'm sorry - I busted my gut laughing at the video though, so there's that hahaha. Me and my brother used to watch Simpsons every evening on FOX at 5 and 5:30 when we were younger. Seems like a lifetime ago.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Purple bruise wrote:At least on a QB. TB has shown me nothing but inconsistency. In the final quarter of most games that he has played he starts making throws that a good high school QB can make and the other three quarters are bull crap. I see nothing in him or his future.
I seriously hope you are joking. There is zero reason to spend another first round pick/high pick on QB this coming year. Zero.

If anything, LT/LG/WR should be strongly considered in round one. However, I am still a BPA believer. There is going to be some talent available that may not be a huge need for us when we are on the clock.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I went with WR. Jennings is almost done. CP can't play the position. Get a six foot + receiver in here Teddy can trust (and could come down with those high throws). MLB would be great as well. Someone who can play every down, run the defense. Another big body corner would be nice across from Rhodes would be nice too.

I think offseason priority, and #1 pick are different questions though. Not sure I'd throw another top 10 pick at an offensive linemen. But I do think it could be the #1 priority. Maybe later in the round. Or addressing the position in free agency. Richie Incognito is still out there!

And as bad as Kalil has been, I find it hard to believe the team will give up on him before the end of his rookie deal following next season.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Demi wrote:I went with WR. Jennings is almost done. CP can't play the position. Get a six foot + receiver in here Teddy can trust (and could come down with those high throws). MLB would be great as well. Someone who can play every down, run the defense. Another big body corner would be nice across from Rhodes would be nice too.

I think offseason priority, and #1 pick are different questions though. Not sure I'd throw another top 10 pick at an offensive linemen. But I do think it could be the #1 priority. Maybe later in the round. Or addressing the position in free agency. Richie Incognito is still out there!

And as bad as Kalil has been, I find it hard to believe the team will give up on him before the end of his rookie deal following next season.
Regarding Kalil, that's exactly what I'm saying. That's why I picked guard. Johnson was never really good and is old. At least Kalil is still young and was good at one point. I would rather see a legitimate LG next to him in his last year. If it helps him and he plays better, awesome, if not, we go for a LT the following year.

As for CP, I wouldn't say he "can't" play the position. He just has a lot of learning to do. He has had ZERO consistency when it comes to offensive schemes. Now that he can settle down in this offense, I think he can come around. Probably not as a #1 but definitely as a #2 IMO
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Superfreak84
Veteran

Post by Superfreak84 »

Let's just draft Wr's and OL's until there are no more to pick! But we're also going to need some more corners and a solid MLB
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

while Oline is clearly the biggest need. I voted WR cause we don't even have a # 2 WR who can get open. Our WR corps is a mess
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I went WR. Teddy has no targets. But then he also has no time to throw. If we go after a real possession WR, I think that's our best value of the pick. Cant Cole or Mauti work for MLB? Jasper is as bad as ever. Greenway, well, we would be lucky to get a 7th rd. pick for him. I'd rather see LB later.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I'm a big supporter of going BPA. I think O-line is glaring right now, but I'd prefer an MLB, if given the choice. I think the offense has the talent and a lot of their issues can still be taught, learned and improved upon. With the defense, I think they need another impact player. I really think they're one more stud LB away from having a top tier defense. Given that I think they're the unit closer to being very good, I'd like to see them finish the defense off.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

If we go top 10 it almost has to be a WR. They should seriously consider getting Teddy's old sidekick Parker. I don't know if he's worthy of that high of a pick but there is no way he drops into the second round. What better way to bring a young QB along than to get him a good target, especially one he knows well.